New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

NHIAA Points System

+7
chicagokid43
EBlessNHSP
JAF
Tuesday and Friday
boxout
GNG
Thomas
11 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

NHIAA Points System - Page 3 Empty An Absolute Crime in D2

Post  chicagokid43 Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:42 pm

Laconia sits currently in the 16th seed by one point over St Thomas. St Thomas has 6 wins while playing a 17 game division 2 schedule including taking a loss while playing up against local rival Dover. Laconia on the other hand has the same amount of wins but played down for two of their wins while playing down in D3 against two teams that both have losing records. Something has got to be done with the system. If teams are allowed to play down for wins in order to make the playoffs what is the point in playing any divisional games? Something needs to be done!

Last edited by The Assistant on Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:52 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Merged with exisiting thread on this topic. ChiKid you are the worst at this - check the first page for existing threads on the same topic.)

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

NHIAA Points System - Page 3 Empty Re: NHIAA Points System

Post  Tuesday and Friday Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:02 pm

"ChiKid you are the worst at this - check the first page for existing threads on the same topic." The Asst.

I just dropped my cell phone on my toe because I'm laughing so hard. Thanks Asst.

Do we need to hire Forum police for the alleged crimes ChiKid says were commited in D2?

Last edited by Tuesday and Friday on Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:03 pm

I call 'em like I see 'em.
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

http://nhsportspage.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:11 pm

It's just going to get worse for ChiKid when the D2 playoffs start. I'll have to tie ChiKids shoes, the Asst will have to make sure ChiKid doesn't lose his cell phone (which he did quite a bit last year in the playoffs) and Tulliver, who is in charge of Forum Fashion, will have to make sure ChiKid matches with his outfits. (Good luck Tully)

This is going to be an epic playoff season.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

NHIAA Points System - Page 3 Empty What ever

Post  chicagokid43 Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:12 pm

What ever, I started it there because it is about seedings... the system thing evolved as the topic as I looked deeper into the records. I hope no one died because of my gross misconduct.

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

NHIAA Points System - Page 3 Empty The Biggest Crime in D2

Post  chicagokid43 Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:13 pm

The biggest crime in D2 has not been reported as of yet. Although if it did come out.... nevermind!

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:15 pm

"I hope no one died because of my gross misconduct." ChiKid

Further evidence we'll have to put a policeman in the budget for the Forum.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:20 pm

chicagokid43 wrote:What ever, I started it there because it is about seedings... the system thing evolved as the topic as I looked deeper into the records. I hope no one died because of my gross misconduct.

You really should have started a new topic on that... Razz
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

http://nhsportspage.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  JT_nh_hs_fan Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:26 pm

This system is the most moronic concept I have seen in an attempt to solve this problem.

NHIAA is completely incompetent when it comes to handling this stuff. The Heal Points System was fine. It has worked for decades in Maine. They have exactly the same issues with distances and varying school sizes as NH does.

Oh, by the way they also get the states public TV network involved and broadcast their tournament state wide over 5 stations from 3 locations. They have been doing that for many, many years.

Maybe someday, NHIAA will actually get serious doing this thing right. I mean after all it was much more important to rename the Classes into Divisions!

Chikid, I was watching one of the games last week and actually did see the intentional flop play called a technical foul. So there are some refs around who understand it. The ME TV even showed it in replay!

JT_nh_hs_fan

Back to top Go down

NHIAA Points System - Page 3 Empty how whacked is this

Post  GNG Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:53 pm

If Salem loses and Merrimack beats Central.They all finish 13-5,and Merrimack would have beaten both head to head,yet Salem will get the 4 seed because of the point system.Tully will back me up,I have been complaining about this from the start.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:04 pm

Now, that the playoffs have started and other divisions are nearing their playoff scenarios, inequities are creeping up on some teams and it stinks. It is frustrating to see a team have a good season then lose a seeding or a home playoff date (s) due to this inept home/away points system. The heal system was the right one. The Heal rewarded teams for good victories. It rewarded teams for having a tough schedule if they were competitive with it. There are a lot of players and coaches giving their hearts and souls to the sport of HS basketball for 3 months and when the playoffs roll around their playoff seed or bracket isn't:

"What they thought it was going to be."

Frustrating....... Very frustrating.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3