@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month

GNG a/k/a Nostradamus

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

GNG a/k/a Nostradamus

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Wed May 25, 2011 8:10 pm

Watch out Forum members. I just got off the phone with GNG a/k/a Nostadamus and he is flying high over BG beating Exeter today and finishing 12 - 6. I can't remember. Did he say BG would finish 12 - 6? I swear he said 11 - 7 back in early April.

None the less...... His head was so big he had to ride back from Exeter today with his head going through his car's sunroof. You know how big he is. The top of his head skimmed the under side of a couple of over passes on Rte 101. If you see blond hair falling from those 101 over passes you will be the lucky recepient of GNG hair samples which you could probably sell on Ebay at this point with his new found "predicting the future" skill.

I heard he might open up a palm reading shop next to The Jade in Merrimack. Have your palm read by GNG to predict your future then get a drink at The Jade..... or better yet, for an even better time, get a couple of drinks at The Jade and then get your palm read by GNG.

The possibilities for GNG a/k/a Nostradamus are endless.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Re: GNG a/k/a Nostradamus

Post  nyk on Wed May 25, 2011 8:39 pm

Tuesday and Friday wrote:Watch out Forum members. I just got off the phone with GNG a/k/a Nostadamus and he is flying high over BG beating Exeter today and finishing 12 - 6. I can't remember. Did he say BG would finish 12 - 6? I swear he said 11 - 7 back in early April.

None the less...... His head was so big he had to ride back from Exeter today with his head going through his car's sunroof. You know how big he is. The top of his head skimmed the under side of a couple of over passes on Rte 101. If you see blond hair falling from those 101 over passes you will be the lucky recepient of GNG hair samples which you could probably sell on Ebay at this point with his new found "predicting the future" skill.

I heard he might open up a palm reading shop next to The Jade in Merrimack. Have your palm read by GNG to predict your future then get a drink at The Jade..... or better yet, for an even better time, get a couple of drinks at The Jade and then get your palm read by GNG.

The possibilities for GNG a/k/a Nostradamus are endless.

Congrats to BG for a remarkable turnaround in just one year. I believe BG won more games (or as many) this year as they did the last two years combined.

I looked at the standings as currently posted and I think BG will finish no less than 4th. If the points system remains in place, and Concord wins out, they'll still finish 1 point behind BG. BG could move up to 3rd should Merrimack lose its last game, and it's no gimme as Merrimack has Winnacunnet tomorrow.

At the bottom end of the standings, it looks like Memorial has a chance to climb into the 15th seed should they win and should Trinity lose.

The top 4 teams will be Salem, North, Merrimack, and BG, but not necessarily in that order. Salem will lock up first if they win out. North would do no better than 2nd if they win out and Salem does too. A loss by Salem and a win by North would swap that order.

The teams in the middle can shuffle around a bit, nothing necessarily decided there. I didn't look through those since they are so many teams so tightly clustered.

Very exciting season. The playoffs will be interesting.

nyk
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Wed May 25, 2011 8:49 pm

Maybe, we can get GNG-Damus to make some playoff predictions for us.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG on Wed May 25, 2011 9:02 pm

It's the end of the world as we know it. I love that song. Forum Members don't worry, if the world is coming to an end I will let you good people in on it first. Our beloved coach got everyone in the game today, and BG still pulled out a 6-4 victory. Big Joe started on the hill, a couple of errors led to Exeter's runs. Joe also launched one to left center, guessing 370 ft. Ferlan came in relief with bases loaded and was lights out, mowing them down. Nolan made a nice play at third on a slow roller. Chartrand had 2 hits, one a double off the base of the fence, Remi 330ft ground rule double. Gilcrest sat out again, what is it with stud pitchers and bad backs this season. He is going to physical therapy now, and assures me he will be fine by next week.

Exeter has been in alot of games this year. Their ace Clark thru a no hitter Saturday. They are gonna be another tough first round matchup. After the game one of the Exeter dad's lit up their coach BIG TIME. I kept thinking Billy Ball is not going to like hearing about this.

nyk, if I am correct and Salem, North, and Merrimack win out, then Salem, North, Merrimack, and BG would be top 4. Those seedings wouldn't be to shabby.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG on Wed May 25, 2011 9:12 pm

I will be giving in depth playoff analysis once the brackets are selected. I hope all the baseball people chime in with their opinions, even you T@f {your prediction are usually good for a chuckle }

The one good thing for North and BG is they stay at Holman for the playoffs. I think that is a huge advantage because both teams rely on pitching and defense, and that field plays into their strengths.

It is going to be very interesting to see who gets the pill in the first round game for BG. I was talking to a couple of Exeter parents after the game and they couldn't believe Joe Mac was our 3. Gilcrest hasn't thrown in 2 weeks, so I would think Ferlan gets the nod. I was always from the gotta win this one, don't worry about the next one school of thought. Having Gilcrest and Clapp ready to relieve are 2 pretty good weapons at coach Painters disposal.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  FullCount on Wed May 25, 2011 9:39 pm

I watched the BG game today with the clairvoyant GNG - nice win for BG and it so happened that it finished around 6PM -- big hand on the 12 and the little hand on the 6!! .... Hats off to GNG on his prediction coming true! Hats off to the BG boys, Coach Sheedy, and Coach Painter - nice turn around this year.

FullCount
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG on Wed May 25, 2011 9:44 pm

T@F, I love the way fullcount thinks.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  JAF on Wed May 25, 2011 9:49 pm

The only thing for certain - Spaulding, Alvirne, and West are out. Spaulding can win 2, but only get 8 points which is not enough to pass Memorial with 1 left currently with 27 points.

Salem lost today which leaves North in the top seed target on your back drivers seat - didn't see a result from the North v. West game yet, but one has to assume...

The next 2 days will result in a lot of positional movement.

And yes, T&F the last two years were 12 wins total...

JAF
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Wed May 25, 2011 9:55 pm

I'm thinking I'll throw Fullcount a 102 MPH fast ball and strike him out.

As far as the "Clairvoyant" GNG goes.... one of my favorite sayings is, "take your medicine, swallow hard and move on." I guess GNG-Damus is dispensing the medicine this evening and most of us have to swallow hard and move on. Embarassed

{Isn't "clairvoyant" kind of a classier word that really doesn't fit GNG's normal M.O.? Twisted Evil}

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  nyk on Wed May 25, 2011 10:14 pm

JAF wrote:The only thing for certain - Spaulding, Alvirne, and West are out. Spaulding can win 2, but only get 8 points which is not enough to pass Memorial with 1 left currently with 27 points.

Salem lost today which leaves North in the top seed target on your back drivers seat - didn't see a result from the North v. West game yet, but one has to assume...

The next 2 days will result in a lot of positional movement.

And yes, T&F the last two years were 12 wins total...

North has Man. West tomorrow. I wonder if West will pitch Welch against our boys hoping to be the spoiler. North still has to win. The biggest upside of being 1 or 2 is the home field as GNG pointed out.

nyk
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Nice job BG!

Post  bb603 on Wed May 25, 2011 10:18 pm

Nice job on a successful season BG!

I wish you the best of luck in the playoffs, (unless you face MMHS).

Hopefully all the playoff teams will play thieir best games and it will be very competitive.

bb603
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  SAWit on Thu May 26, 2011 12:49 pm

JAF wrote:The only thing for certain - Spaulding, Alvirne, and West are out. Spaulding can win 2, but only get 8 points which is not enough to pass Memorial with 1 left currently with 27 points.

** Spaulding lost to West 6-4 Tuesday Night (makeup game)

nyk wrote:North has Man. West tomorrow. I wonder if West will pitch Welch against our boys hoping to be the spoiler. North still has to win. The biggest upside of being 1 or 2 is the home field as GNG pointed out.

** Nope. Welch pitched Monday's against Pinkerton. Feeney had a nice curve ball keeping batters completely off-balance the first time through. First time I had seen him -- only thing I saw as a weakness with Pinkerton is offensively. Only 2 balls left the infield in this game (West tradition ;-) Should be some good pitching from Pinkerton.

North will bet the #1 seed after today. Looking forward to the brackets - one thing for certain - any team can win on any given day... Will the coach have them ready to play. Good luck in the playoffs everyone!

Last edited by The Assistant on Thu May 26, 2011 1:52 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : updated the quotes to better reflect who you were quoting)

SAWit
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Thanks SAWit

Post  GNG on Thu May 26, 2011 1:32 pm

Once again proving NH SPORTS FORUM is the site for up to date baseball info.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  nyk on Thu May 26, 2011 2:12 pm

SAWit wrote:
** Nope. Welch pitched Monday's against Pinkerton. Feeney had a nice curve ball keeping batters completely off-balance the first time through. First time I had seen him -- only thing I saw as a weakness with Pinkerton is offensively. Only 2 balls left the infield in this game (West tradition ;-) Should be some good pitching from Pinkerton.

North will bet the #1 seed after today. Looking forward to the brackets - one thing for certain - any team can win on any given day... Will the coach have them ready to play. Good luck in the playoffs everyone!

SAWit, GNG, and at least one other person has mentioned that Pinkerton is a team to be watchful of. I think that's right. I don't know the name of the pitcher that threw against us, but he limited North to 5 hits or less.

The dangerous thing with this single elimination format is that each team has at least one pitcher that can control the tempo of the game.

Good luck to all teams. Should be a very good tournament this year.

nyk
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  JAF on Thu May 26, 2011 2:43 pm

Sitting here listening to a boring meeting with nothing else better to do... Started thinking about the games today...

Merri travels to Winni... Merri's playing 4th game this week - not sure what's left for pitching and Winni's looking for a > .500 season - slight edge to Winni...
North travels to West... Cannot imagine a scenario where West wins especially since Welch already pitched...
Exeter travels to Concord... Since their #1 pitched Saturday, today he might be "on target" to pitch today... Not sure what Concord has, but if Exeter's #1 goes, then they may have the edge as I hear he's good...
Salem travels to Dover... Considering Salem has proven to be a tough team with deep pitching - gotta give them the edge here
Timby travels to South... South's playing too well right now... Only a loss to Salem in the last 6 games... Edge South
Memorial travels to Keene... Good luck Memorial.... I think Keene takes this as Sullivan won't be hurling...

Meeting almost over...

JAF
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG on Thu May 26, 2011 2:51 pm

NYK, It is going to be very interesting to see the brackets when they come out. As things stand now, it is conceivable that BG would have to play Keene, Concord, and North to make it to the finals. Those teams have one thing in common, they have all beaten BG. That being said, it could all change after today because if there is one thing we have all learned this season it is THERE IS NO SURE THING.

I am with nyk in wishing all the teams good luck, and I can say without hesitation nothing is going to surprise me in the playoffs, nothing at all.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG on Thu May 26, 2011 2:52 pm

JAF , Merrimack still hasn't used their ace Damon all week.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  SAWit on Thu May 26, 2011 4:20 pm

nyk wrote:

SAWit, GNG, and at least one other person has mentioned that Pinkerton is a team to be watchful of. I think that's right. I don't know the name of the pitcher that threw against us, but he limited North to 5 hits or less.

That was Viehoff... http://rallynorth.net/localsports/teams/show/10432?game=26743 ...not mistaken Pinkerton has one of the lowest ERAs in D1.

-----

As I see it today, with North win today and #1 Seed, they will face either Trinity or Memorial. Trinity has no more games.

Memorial wins @ Keene they get the #2 Seed (which it appears Salem has locked up no matter what??), and Nashua North will face Trinity (Turner v Beaudet)...
IF Memorial loses they get to face Nashua North (Sullivan v Turner).

Is Poore officially done for the season or is he resting for playoffs???

I'm sure the boards will be afire tomorrow with projections! Good luck!

SAWit
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG on Thu May 26, 2011 5:21 pm

No idea about Poore. I would imagine Boston College would have some input rather he plays or not. They do after all have a major investment in him over the next four years. Fullcount, what do you hear out Salem way?

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  FullCount on Thu May 26, 2011 8:19 pm

All I have heard on Nick Poore is that Salem is resting him - they will be very careful with him and won't pitch him unless he is 100%

FullCount
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  JAF on Thu May 26, 2011 9:50 pm

If the math holds with Keene's out of state result counting, BG would get either Keene (if they beat Memorial or if Timby loses) or Timby if they beat Spaulding.

Depending on the Lond/Goffs result, South is #8 or #9... So, if North and South survive their first games, it'd be another North v. South matchup... If Lond wins, they jump over Dover...

JAF
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  nyk on Thu May 26, 2011 10:00 pm

JAF wrote:
If the math holds with Keene's out of state result counting, BG would get either Keene (if they beat Memorial or if Timby loses) or Timby if they beat Spaulding.

Depending on the Lond/Goffs result, South is #8 or #9... So, if North and South survive their first games, it'd be another North v. South matchup... If Lond wins, they jump over Dover...

Hey JAF, you got home pretty quickly! With Memorial playing out in Keene, we may not find out that result until tomorrow morning. Looks like North will have Memorial or Trinity, neither team should be taken lightly as it's only one game, and as they say, on any given day ...

It's too bad the there isn't a webcast for the games because it sure would be cool to see the various playoff games.

nyk
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  nhball9 on Thu May 26, 2011 10:04 pm

I'd just like to add that this ratings system sucks. I know nobody has mentioned that yet!!
Can't wait to see predictions here (I bet I know who GNG is going to pick!)...

nhball9
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Thu May 26, 2011 10:08 pm

Memo to GNG-Damus:

Hold off on your picks until you hear from me.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Scrap the Points System

Post  nyk on Thu May 26, 2011 10:14 pm

nhball9 wrote:

I'd just like to add that this ratings system sucks. I know nobody has mentioned that yet!!
Can't wait to see predictions here (I bet I know who GNG is going to pick!)....

Totally agree with you. There's no reason to have this points system. Everyone ought to play the teams in the division once and let those games count. If teams want to play a few more games out of division to fill up light week, let them, but don't count the games. I can't speak for the other divisions, but for D1 I think it makes the most sense.

nyk
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum