New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

Friday 2/18 Game Thread

+6
tarrier
KG
Tuesday and Friday
goldenbear
1380TheSportsAnimal
EBlessNHSP
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Friday 2/18 Game Thread Empty Friday 2/18 Game Thread

Post  EBlessNHSP Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:04 pm

Let's start off the convo with Dave Haleys Thursday Thoughts. Also - A plug for NHSportsPage, tweeting at www.twitter.com/nhsportspage. Feel free to follow for in game updates and site updates.

http://www.nhsportspage.com/display_full_story.php?story_id=582

Interesting note on Spirou in that column.
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

http://nhsportspage.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Friday 2/18 Game Thread Empty Re: Friday 2/18 Game Thread

Post  Guest Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:26 am

Any word on Spirou? Is he playing tonight??

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:05 pm

Milford over Pelham 66-40. Spirou didn't play for Pelham.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:34 pm

Bedford over Souhegan 66-61. Curious to know what happened there.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:00 pm

^ Could've saw that one coming but definately didn't expect this one. Coe-brown over Portsmouth 65-58??

Back to top Go down

Post  1380TheSportsAnimal Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:28 pm

Coe Brown over Portsmouth 65-58. Coe-Brown lpayed a terrific game, they were up by 12 at halftime. Portsmouth actually clawed back into and took a two point lead in the fouth, but Kamahl Walker and Gregg Tsougranis (an emerging PHS defender) spelled doom for the Clippers.

PHS was ice cold from beyond the arc tonight, good job from Dave Smith's squad on defense. I had said on the pregame show tonight that Coe-Brown (who's 9 wins prior to tonight came against teams with a combined 25-105 record) might be following the old cliche of "win first, then you get good".

Portsmouth will need to shake this off vs Oyster River Monday night. Coe-Brown looks like they'll be a tough out in the play-offs, getting hot at just the right time.

Some un-official stats:

Portsmouth: DiCesare 15 pts, Walker 14 pts Herbert 9. Also want to mention that Charlie Duprey really played a heck of a 2nd half, doing all the dirty work for PHS.

Coe Brown: Lang had 19 Mitchell 17, Doyon 14.
1380TheSportsAnimal
1380TheSportsAnimal
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  goldenbear Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:30 pm

BG crushed North

up 21-3

North made a little run in the second quarter cut it 28-20 but after that Bg just pulled away. Very sloppy game with lots of fouls and a few T's on both sides.

North season seems to be going down hill real fast

goldenbear
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:34 pm

CCCCrrrrrrraaaaazzzzzzzyyy night of basketball in the Granite State tonight.

Memorial girls defeat Central 39 - 33. Central gave a very good showing tonight. They made the Lady Crusaders earn everything they got tonight. The game was in doubt until the final minute. Memorial converted big baskets by Elezovic and Hartford when they needed them most. Kudos to coach Wenners for having his girls ready to play in a big game.

The Memorial boys beat Central by 7. Too much Madol, Morgan and depth for the Little Green to overcome. Central had a fast start with Melendez leading the way with a couple of 3s. Wickey had a very good first half. Memorial's depth and athleticism took over in the 2nd half. Memorial is getting key contributions from some JV players they brought up after the BG loss.

Now, for the Crrraaazzziiinnnneeesss: Word had it some real funky stuff happened at the Milford gym tonight in the Spartan victory over Pelham. I just put back my 10 foot pole and got out my 11 foot pole and am not going to touch the happenings at the Milford gym.

The best I can determine at the Trinity gym for the Salem game is that Trinity was winning at half 24 - 16. Shortly there after the lights went out in the Trinity gym due to the strong winds I would presume. This happened a little before 8 pm. The gym remained dark. At around 8:10 pm the game was called and the remainder of the game will be resumed on Sunday at Trinity.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  KG Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:46 pm

just got out my 12 foot pole, what exactly happened?

KG
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:48 pm

Geez good upsets in D2. I think the solar system events this week had an effect on all these upsets, lights going out and one VERY INTERESTING THING that happened at the Milford gym.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:01 am

Still waiting for clearance KG.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Friday 2/18 Game Thread Empty Memorial beats Central behind a big night from Madol

Post  tarrier Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:03 am

Manchester Memorial got a BIG game from David Madol and the Crusaders topped Central 64-54(despite what T&F "reported" earlier as a 7 point Memorial win). In his defense they did turn off the scoreboard rather quickly after the final buzzer sounded, plus...when I talked to him at halftime he was more concerned with some drama unfolding at Milford. Madol put up 31 points, 8 rebounds and 5 blocks for the now 12-2 Crusaders. John Wickey led the way for Central(9-4) with 19 points and 6 boards. Check out my full game story in the AM at NHSportspage.com.

tarrier
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:07 am

Pete, I have to admit the event in Milford definitely sent my basketball mind into a tizzy. Then I receive the news from Trinity and their power outage. I didn't notice on the drive back, but is it a full moon tonight? My text receiving line has become verrryyy quiet from the Town of Milford.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:32 am

Until we have permission to discuss what went down in Milford, I'd call this a huge upset despite Kearsarge only being 7-9. They lost to Conval by 2 the other day which was a very tough loss for them and now unless it was posted wrong on nhiaa they lost to Bishop Brady 46-42 a team they beat earlier in the season 61-24. Any one know if they've lost some players or what's going on there? They seem to be falling apart.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:35 am

ChiKid gave me clearance to say he was upset with a couple of calls near the end of the 1st period. He walked from his usual mid court seat to the gym doors to release some steam. When he walked back he said something to an official that the official didn't like. The ref summoned the AD to quiet ChiKid down. ChiKid said something to the AD the official heard and didn't like. The official held up the game ball and said he wouldn't resume the game until ChiKid was removed from the gym. ChiKid left the gym without any resistance.

I am just reporting what happened and will not give any opinions either way. I'm sure enough Forum members will do that including ChiKid who just paid his tab at Amigo's and is on his way home.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:37 am

Alvrine beats Spaulding by 10. Now, that's another upset.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:54 am

I'll let T&Fs post stand unless I get am email from ChiKid requesting it gets deleted.

Regardless, the next post about the situation should posted by ChiKid and should be in the "Bleachers" forum, aptly named since that is where said incident occurred.

Good win for Alvirne, they are still a sleeper, and were desperate for a "quality" win.
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

http://nhsportspage.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:59 am

Alvrine is definitely a sleeper as we get closer to the tournament.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Friday 2/18 Game Thread Empty bg won

Post  GNG Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:12 am

good night

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  abball Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:12 am

I was at the Alvirne game. They played very well it was kind of a boring game the first half Spaulding lead after the first then Alvirne got back on top to lead at half. After the third alvirne up 12 and then the final alvirne won. The 4th quarter got a little chippy, T'S on both sides twice. Spaulding was getting frustrated and you could see it. Donelly led the way like usualy for the Broncos he had atleat 20 next was beauliue with about 10 and Sophmore Ty livingston finshed with about 10 also. Spaulding made some shot and at one point could have taken control of the game but alvirne pushed the tempo and shut them down on d. Was a good game. Im glad too see the broncos playing well. Like i said earlier in another post it always seems alvirne starts peaking at the right time right before the playoffs. They start off slow and then something my start clicking and they start playing really well. I know some of the teams they have beat havent been great. But they did beat salem at salem and then spaulding. They could be a scary team in the playoffs especially if they play D and Donelly is still his self. Things looking better in bronco land.!

abball
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Friday 2/18 Game Thread Empty abball gotta give you props

Post  GNG Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:30 am

You have been on the broncos as a sleeper all year.Big loss for the red raiders.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:32 am

WGAM will have a good show this morning. Dave Keefe will be the first guest at 8:00 am. It should be interesting to hear what he has to say about the power outage game last night at Trinity and when it will be resumed. Just a side note: If the game is resumed Sunday morning, from what I last heard, will they charge an admission for a half game? What about the people who already paid to watch the half game last night? Will it be pro bono?

The Pelham and Milford coaches will also be interviewed along with Sean McClung and David Madol on WGAM this morning.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tulliver Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:48 am

Alvirne is always an interesting team.... when you expect something from them it hurts...
when you don't they pleasantly surprise you.

I did catch the early season bronco LG match up and said at that point...

I liked what the coach was doing and thought they were going to percolate later in the season.

A few years back... when they had the core group of 5 who had played all their lives together... then one boy had heart surgery and came back a year or so later (cannot recall his name).... if they had won it that year... it could have been a Disney Movie.

Tulliver

Back to top Go down

Friday 2/18 Game Thread Empty Bedford 66 Souhegan 61

Post  Thomas Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:19 am

This one was back and forth all night - can't remember a lead either way more than 5 points. 59-59 with 2 minutes to play but a 3 point play the old fashioned way and then a monster slam by Maher off of a missed rebound sealed it. Maher was the obvious strong performance with 19 points and double figure rebounds but you can't discount Matt Beaulieau at guard...valued the ball, good decisions, scored it when he had to. Seth Cordts 16 and Devin Gilligan (in and out with back trouble) 13 for Souhegan...sophomore Jake Kennedy strong on the glass against Bedford's size with 10 rebounds.

Thomas
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Friday 2/18 Game Thread Empty Former Alvirne player with heart trouble

Post  tarrier Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:16 am

Tim Cox was the former Alvirne player who returned to the court after some heart troubles a few years back. That was a team that made it all the way to the quarterfinal round at UNH in Durham when they still played those games there. If memory serves me correctly, I think it was the next season's team that the Broncos took the next step to the semis led by senior bigman Brennan Donnelly and almost knocked off Jordan Laguerre and Trinity.

tarrier
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next