New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

Appalled at the BG Trinity game

+7
boxout
JAF
basketballen
carp24
shadow16
chicagokid43
ItsOnlyAGame
11 posters

Go down

Appalled at the BG Trinity game Empty Appalled at the BG Trinity game

Post  ItsOnlyAGame Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:33 am

Much of this thread is not what the forum is about. Go voice your displeasures with a coach with the schools administration.

The Assistant.

ItsOnlyAGame
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Appalled at the BG Trinity game Empty Appalled..

Post  chicagokid43 Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:45 am

I think he is use to the smaller court at Trinity. Not defending him since I was not there but he has so little room at Trinity to move I am sure he feels like he can take a lap at BG without getting out of the coaches box. lol

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Appalled at the BG Trinity game Empty Never seen a coach on the floor as much as the Trinity Coach

Post  shadow16 Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:50 am

It is time for the NHIAA to look at the coaches of all teams- last night was the worst I have ver seen a coach. And with a red sweater on he looks like he is another player out there.

shadow16
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Appalled at the BG Trinity game Empty Re: Appalled at the BG Trinity game

Post  carp24 Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:07 pm

It's not the NHIAA's responsibility to keep any coaches under control...it's their respective school's job (A.D/principal/superintendant)...they can make staying in the coaching box a point of emphasis for the officials to regulate, but this year, hand checking was supposed to be a POE...and that has hardly been enforced...in fact there is more hand checking now than ever before...

carp24
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Appalled at the BG Trinity game Empty Why not hand check him?

Post  basketballen Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:35 pm

Shadow 16
Migs should have had one his players hand check or grab him off the floor as they were getting away with all night anyways.

basketballen
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Appalled at the BG Trinity game Empty Hilarious that you mention

Post  chicagokid43 Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:37 pm

Hilarious that you mention the same color as a player. Last night twice Milford players passed the ball to the coach of Oyster River as he was wearing Blue. Milford being the home team and him being down so far on the end line he was mistaken for a player. I think it should definitely be a rule that the coach cannot wear the other teams colors. I know Oyster River is blue also but if they are at home the coach should be in white or a off color in my eyes. It would stink to lose a game because of something like that.

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  JAF Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:04 pm

Couple of weeks back I remember seeing a "highlight" on ESPN with some player who trucked a coach who was on the floor (NBA I believe).

I agree they should stay in their box, but trust me 2 referees have their hands full watching 10 players. Keeping track of where the coach is not a priority unless/until he/she becomes involved in the play. I think for the most part the only time he was on the floor that far was during stoppages of play. I think he went too far out, but it wasn't my call. Last year a POE was only one coach standing - game 1 at BG the Exeter assistant coach was not only standing, but constantly riding the referees - I was quite surprised he didn't get T'd up.

JAF
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Appalled at the BG Trinity game Empty re: Guertin-Trinity

Post  boxout Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:10 pm

I will first say I was not in attendance at this game but this board must be loaded with Guertin fans because there is no bigger mouth in NH High School sports than BG coach Migneault. He also abuses the sidelines.
I understand peoples frustrations with coaches wearing the same color as teams, but lets be honest, if you can't tell the difference between a coach and a player you probably should not be playing b-ball. Coaches also wear pants, and most sweaters are long sleeve.
Chikid I like your enthusiasm about the game, but if the problem is coaches wearing the wrong color on the sidelines, how come players don't pass it to players at the scorers table? Or their own teams bench? So many fans just make excuse after excuse. Newsflash it wasn't the coach wearing blue that forced a player to make a bad pass, it was just that, a bad pass.

boxout
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Appalled at the BG Trinity game Empty the list

Post  Tulliver Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:15 pm

The list of coaches I have heard utter obscenities during a game is pretty long. I am sure none are particularily proud of those moments.
Yeah, a fence around him and the coaching box wouldn't be a bad thing
but he is a great guy who loves the game and his players.

Tulliver

Back to top Go down

Post  nhhoopguy Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:03 pm

I have seen coach keefe many times 7-10 feeet out on the court, no matter where the game is played, without ever getting a warning about it.
He is a very intense coach, some people like it, some people don't!
I happen to like his style, but he will continue to go where he wants until someone stops him.

nhhoopguy
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Appalled at the BG Trinity game Empty NHIAA

Post  8992 Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:31 pm

"It's not the NHIAA's responsibility to keep any coaches under control."

I agree it shouldn't be the NHIAA's job, but if it isn't the NHIAA's responsibility then why do they hand out disciplinary actions.

Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  JT_nh_hs_fan Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:42 pm

The answer is again very simple, but will not occur. "T" em up! if he does it again - "T" him again & he is gone. After this happens a couple of times any coach with an grain of intelligance will stay off the court. Now, that being said, try to find an official strong enough to do it.

The truth is nothing will be done until a kid gets seriously injured because of an idiot coach who can't control himself.

JT_nh_hs_fan

Back to top Go down

Appalled at the BG Trinity game Empty I agree with you

Post  chicagokid43 Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:27 pm

I agree with you, when the ball is in play and a coach steps out onto the court. T him up. Get him early and set a example so he will remain off the playing surface.

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Appalled at the BG Trinity game Empty perhaps athletic directors

Post  Tulliver Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:31 pm

Could outfit high risk coaches with electric dog collars that emit a shock when leaaving the coaching box?

Tulliver

Back to top Go down

Appalled at the BG Trinity game Empty I think I have seen this on YOUTUBE

Post  chicagokid43 Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:35 pm

I think there is a video of this on Youtube... lol I will give a coach a few feet out on a dead ball but some do seem to push the limits. I seen a coach last week at least 4-5 feet across the half court line as a ball was being inbounded on that side of the floor. No excuse for that. None!

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  8992 Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:17 am

Years ago I know the Headmasters in Vermont had the same issue and they made a rule that coaches had to stay seated unless there was a time out on the floor. If they got up they were T’ed up. I don't know if they still have that rule.

Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  ItsOnlyAGame Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:59 am

Read the rules. This forum is not a sounding board to voice your displeasures about a coach and attack a school. Coach Keefe is a standup guy who is no worse than most or all of the other coaches in Div I. Let's end this conversation here.

Last edited by The Assistant on Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:11 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Rules infraction, flaming against coach/school)

ItsOnlyAGame
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down