New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

BG at Trinity

4 posters

Go down

BG at Trinity Empty BG at Trinity

Post  Tuesday and Friday Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:35 pm

BG 2 Trinity 1 8 innings

Nice game played at "Every one knows it's Windy" Derryfield Park. BG scores the winning run on a passed ball in the top of the 8th. This run was manufactured by the Cardinals as they pulled off a double steal just before the passed ball.

Nice pitching matchup of senior Christian Ferlan who dealt a good hand from the bump for BG and crafty freshman Carmen Giampetruzzi who had the Cardinals guessing for the majority of the time he was throwing from 60'6. Both pitchers didn't give up many hits and probably had near or over 10 Ks apiece.

Both teams flashed a lot of nice leather in the infield. BG has some solid arms in the outfield. Play of the game was early in about the 2nd or 3rd inning when a solid shot was hit over the BG center fielder's head and rolled to the D-Park fence. Trinity had a runner at 1st when the ball was hit. The BG CF threw to the 2b-man (Cody Gilchreast) who turned from short RC field and fired a laser towards home plate. The BG catcher made a nice swipe tag on the Trinity runner just before his cleat could touch the plate. It took a perfect relay throw to nail the Trinity runner and Gilchreast did it.

Good pitching, good defense and a good game played today between the Cardinals and Pioneers.

GNG pounced on what he thought was my lack of baseball acumen until I sent him into a quiet zone with a baseball trivia question. Did you get the 3rd Red Sox player yet, GNG??..... Without cheating or googling?

What 3 Red sox players were on the opening day rosters of the 1967 and 1975 Red Sox?

GNG answered the 2 easy ones correctly: Yaz and Rico Petrocelli.

Who's the 3rd Mr Green N Gold ??

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

BG at Trinity Empty White Sox fan says...

Post  chicagokid43 Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:18 pm

Canigliaro?

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

BG at Trinity Empty Re: BG at Trinity

Post  Tuesday and Friday Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:31 pm

If you mean Tony C and not Billy C then you are correct ChiKid.

Tony C tried to make a come back in 75 and actually homered in his first AB of the season. Things didn't work out and he was released later in the season.

You can talk about Maris' 61 homer season, Ted's .406 year in 1941 or when he hit .388 at the age of 39 in 1957 and George Brett hitting .390 in 1980, but to this day one of the most remarkable seasons for a MLB player was 1970 when Tony C hit 36 homers and had 116 RBIs in making a come back from the Jack Hamilton bean ball. Tony C even admitted he basically had good vision in only one eye in 1970........ Totally amazing.

Loved Tony C

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:45 pm

I saw a dead horse on the way home and it got me thinking, if they go 10-6 the rest of the way their record would be 12-6.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:48 pm

Nice to see you on my side of the fence.

I didn't make mention of your 12 - 6 prediction at Windy Park today, but I figured it wasn't too far from your baseball universe.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:49 pm

Merrimack beat Pinky 6-1, and Memorial {T@F likes this squad} beat londonderry 7-4.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:50 pm

I like going from your universe to my universe. It reminds me of the movie "Hereafter", which I saw this week.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:55 pm

Yes sir. Londonderry was touted as having a tough team this year even though they graduated a decent amount of talent from last year's squad.

Memorial will be tough this year. Their # 1 pitcher, senior Tim Sullivan, pitched well in his opener and hit a HR to help the cause.Jake Mills can flash some leather at SS. They have some good speed. The Abood son and father managing combo will have them playing some good disciplined ball.

The Crusaders have a good shot to finish in the Top 4.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:19 pm

I just looked at BG's schedule. I see some prime matchups in some of those 7 pm under the lights games at Holman Stadium. You are hosting Salem and Memorial in back to back Wed games on April 20th and 27th.

How is the bathroom situation there at Holman?

If it's better than D-Park then I'll be bringing popcorn, soft pretzels and hot dogs from 5 Guys (yes, the hot dogs at 5 Guys Burgers are OUTSTANDING). Maybe BG could set up a Sushi Bar and a Perrier water table.

Use some of that Gala Event money.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:35 pm

Love the tip on 5 guys dogs, people say you don't bring much to the table. I disagree. We have a tailgate after the games, I can get you in.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:53 pm

Now, I'm getting excited to go to Holman Stadium.

Go mustard, relish and fried chopped onions on the 5 Guys hot dogs.... Apex of the center of nirvana.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:31 am

The paper said Ferland had 6 strikeouts. I thought he had more.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  JAF Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:48 am

Christian laughed when I read the 10K's to him...That'd probably be a career high or a team that doesn't want to swing the bat! Christian's style is to pitch outs, whether it be ground ball or fly ball outs. He's not going to overpower anyone, but pitch to both sides of the plate, throw a nasty slider and a 2-seamer that runs on your hands... It certainly helps him and builds his confidence when the plays are being made behind him. Plus he's not afraid to pitch inside and if it hits you, oh well. If you don't respect the game and he has the opportunity - expect a fb to your butt. Against Laconia Legion - some kid hit a dinger off him and basically showboated around the bases. Next time up, first pitch was worn. Last fall in the showcase league he had one of the lowest WHIP (walks/hits per innings pitched) - he also had a very low ERA. I remember Memorial's Sullivan from the showcase league playoffs last fall - he pitched excellent. After Maher and Turner pitched 7 & 8 innings respectively, he and Christian matched pitch for pitch over the next 6 & 5 innings respectively. Yes - 13 innings of Fall baseball and yes, it was cold & windy at St. A's... Here's a pointer to the box score from the game

http://www.pointstreak.com/baseball/boxscore.html?gameid=24020

From there you can link to the season stats if that kind of stuff interests you... Probably find all the better players - the NH teams were "BLK, RED, GRN, & BLU". The ME/MA teams were "MBLK, MAR, GLD, & RYL". We didn't play any inter-division games - just intra-division. That is NH teams only played NH teams. I would have like to see a couple of the ME/MA teams as they had some excellent players "statistically"...

Anyway - like GNG I'm looking forward to the rest of the season - it's the first time in 4 years that I can say that about a varsity baseball at BG. I've worked my umpiring schedule to be able to see games - the rain on Wed was disappointing because I knew it meant I'd miss his start. For me, it's not just the winning - it's the attitude on the field and the way the game is taught/played by the coaching staff. Other than a 7-run 6th against West - it's been 14 innings of close and well played baseball so far. Just need the bats to get going, which I think will happen - most of the kids haven't seen varsity pitching before - last year as JV's they got to see mostly players in the class behind them. Not a lot of teams carry 10-14 Juniors on their JV's like BG "had do" last year, but that's a different issue.

JAF
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down