New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

BG/Trinity here I come

+7
JustinMcIsaac
Tuesday and Friday
dadncoach
The Observer
TheDeafPanther07
GNG
tarrier
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

BG/Trinity here I come Empty BG/Trinity here I come

Post  tarrier Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:19 am

I get my 1st look at BG on Tuesday night when they host Trinity in a BIG game. Can't wait to see GNG! Look for the video highlights of the game on NHSportspage.com on Wed AM.

tarrier
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

BG/Trinity here I come Empty You will be welcome there with open arms.

Post  GNG Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:06 am

Looking forward to seeing you and John Kesty.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

BG/Trinity here I come Empty Re: BG/Trinity here I come

Post  TheDeafPanther07 Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:20 pm

Guys, I'm going to be there too! I'm going to be there real early to meet up with Gary Fitz of the Telegraph.

TheDeafPanther07
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:19 pm

T@F prediction 64-58 Trinity. You must realize he graduated from Trinity . Shocked

GNG prediction 69- 60 BG. You must realize GNG stands for green n gold. Very Happy {except in football, not a fan of that program anymore} Sad

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  The Observer Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:23 pm

I sadly can not attend the game tonight! Crying or Very sad I was looking forwarding to going because I think this could be a potential state championship matchup.

I graduated from BG and I'm going with the Cardinals over the pioneers (or whatever they are called) 72-68. I think the closer the game the more it favors BG because Trinity has been in a tight game all season to my knowledge; BG has, albeit against lesser teams, but that does not diminish the fact that they know how to play and/or win the tight games (Keene, Memorial [they lost but battled], and most of the Alvirne & Bedford teams).

GO BG!!!! hahahaha These games are always packed and intense.

The Observer
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  dadncoach Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:07 pm

Can't believe GNG got score right but winning team wrong. Fellow Pioneer Alum, although not nearly as old as T&F.

So GNG, you bleed Green and Gold as long as they do it your way? Wink

dadncoach
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:00 pm

End of the 1st Trinity 17 BG 17

Halftime Trinity 36 BG 30..... Lunn with 10 points.

Trinity had a 14 - 0 run to start the 2nd half. 5 minutes left in the 3rd and it's Trinity 50 BG 30.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:12 pm

End of the 3rd: Trinity 58 BG 39

GNG has been unusually quiet this evening silent silent silent

silent silent silent silent silent

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:18 pm

4 minutes left Trinity 63 BG 46

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:27 pm

Final Trinity 74 BG 60

Could one say this was a resume victory for Trinity and a signature loss for BG?

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

BG/Trinity here I come Empty OUCH.

Post  GNG Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:00 pm

Trinity is better then I thought they were, and I thought they were good.

Giampetruzzi is only a junior. WOW. Kid was a force.

Tied at 17 after one.

36 - 30 Trinity at half.

Trinity came out in the third quarter scored 8 -10 points right off the bat. Game over.

Trinity's guard play was really good.

BG back at it Friday at home against Merrimack.

As big as this game was that one will be bigger. Guertin doesn't want to lose twice in one week at home.:

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:03 pm

GNG, you usually know what toothpaste Jeff Lunn uses, so how many points did he score tonight?

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  JustinMcIsaac Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:16 pm

Wait- Pete did a Trinity game?

Didn't think he knew where the place was!

JustinMcIsaac
All-State
All-State

http://wtsnam1270.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:16 pm

Like I said GNG is being kind of silent tonight.....

.....Lunn had 21 points.

Mabor Gabriel had 21 points and 15 rebounds. Keefe finished with 13. Giampetruzzi had 12.

This performance by Trinity could further bolster that they could have the most balanced team in D1. They have now beaten South, Spaulding, Memorial and BG.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:17 pm

Whoa, Justin in the Forum house !!!

Where did your basketball travels take you this evening my friend?

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  TheDeafPanther07 Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:24 pm

I was hanging out with Tarrier and Coach Mazz was with me for the 1st half and I was disappointed by the outcome of the game. It had potential in the beginning to be a great game but Trinity started the 2nd half with the 14-1 run and that was the ball game. BG was only able to get offense from Lunn for the most part but Mabor Gabriel was a dominate force under the basketball and on the block. I think Gabriel was more impressive than Lunn tonight.

TheDeafPanther07
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  CasualFan Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:39 pm

I am sure BG wishes they could take the 3rd quarter back but tonights game showed me quite a bit about both teams. I know people on this forum hate to bring up how the game was called but would appreciate someone explaining how fouls could be as lopsided as that at the half. I only ask because it appears many on this forum were at the game tonight. I stopped counting at 13 fouls for BG to 4 fouls for Trinity at the half. Games like that make ya go hmmmmm….. To be fair, because of some quick questionable fouls called on Lunn early, he had to be more tentative under the boards against Gabriel. Gabriel didn't get a foul until late in the 3rd or was it the 4th? I would call it a draw between Lunn and Gabriel. The supporting cast for BG wasn't hitting their usual shots tonight. Giampetruzzi and Keefe played well for Trinity.

CasualFan
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

BG/Trinity here I come Empty The real box score

Post  tarrier Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:47 am

Mabor had a HUGE game, especially in the 2nd and 3rd quarters where he scored 20 of his 22 points. He had 10 reb at the half and finished with 17 in the game according to the Trinity stat guys. Carmen also had a double double with 14 points/10'boards..these 2 big guys have been really good this year! Otis played well(14) as did Keefe(10) and Rhoades(9). Like Casualfan said, the fouls were lopsided in favor of Trinity, but I thought that was because Trinity took it to the basket while BG settled for lots of jumpers. Mabor did have 1 foul in the 1st half...Lunn picked up 2 by the 2nd minute of the 2nd Q and had to sit a bit, but returned before halftime and played well. He's a real good player, but he got outplayed by a motivated Gabriel tonight(coach Keefe told me he gave him a inspirational pep talk prior to the game). The 1st quarter was the best 8 minutes of hoop I've seen this year with both teams going back and forth. Too bad it got away from BG in the 3rd. I liked what I saw from Andrew Williams(11) and the PG Steve Toscano who is a really good ball handler...and fast. John Noon hit a couple early 3's, but didn't do much after that. CJ Boykin was dressed, but didn't play...Migs said he'll be back soon from a shoulder injury.

Side note...I always enjoy going "home" to Nashua...DeafPanther mentioned coach Mazzerole was sitting near us in the stands...most of the South team was there too enjoying a mid season night off. Good to see former Alvirne coach Kevin Bonney at the game as well...and another former Alvirne/BG coach John Fisher working as an asst to Migs. I think I also saw Mark Phillips there next to my old hoop coach Bill Soubousky(a Nashua legend). Speaking of Nashua legends...I also saw one of the Guereckis brothers, I think it was Adam.

tarrier
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  The Observer Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:05 am

I was not in attendance. Not to belabor a point, if Gabriel scored almost all his points in the 2nd and 3rd the question needs to be asked....How many were scored with Lunn off the floor and in foul trouble? Don't get me wrong, Gabriel is good, but I think Lunn is better. Lunn had just as many points and I'd assume just as many rebounds, in less rebounds. Both players are among the top 3 or 4 big men (with Tong and Livingston). But I think Lunn's consistency speaks for itself.

I think if Boykin was able to go, this could have been a different game judging from what I've heard about Trinity's guard play.

I agree with at GNG about Friday against Merrimack, I think its a make or break game -- to use a cliche.

The Observer
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  TheDeafPanther07 Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:12 am

The Observer, Lunn is maybe the best player on average but Gabriel was dominating. With Lunn and w/o Lunn on the floor. Lunn played well and had some nice moves but Gabriel was beating him to Rebounds and making moves on Lunn. Lunn looked average in comparison to Gabriel while you watched them play even though the stats are somewhat similar. Lunn also didn't get any help from his mates.

TheDeafPanther07
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

BG/Trinity here I come Empty Eight wins Two losses.

Post  GNG Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:58 am

If you told me that before the season started I would have taken it.

Eight games left.

Six wins and two losses puts them at `14-4.

Concord, Pinkerton, Salem, West, and North should get them 5 wins.

Need one win against Merrimack, South, or Spaulding.

At this point of the season I would be surprised if they didn't finish at least 14-4.

After what I saw last night,Trinity should be in everyone's conversation for teams that could take home the crown.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:10 am

Seems like after last night Mabor Gabriel should be in everyone's conversation for POY.

I know T & F will be conversing that Gabriel is in for POY talk. Wink

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoopfan4 Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:23 am

Completely agree T & F. Mabor may not have looked spectacular earlier in the year when Trinity was playing some weaker teams and beating them by 20 or 30, but he definitely seems to be playing at a different level vs. the better competition when his team needs him to. Saw him vs. Memorial and he looked outstanding there as well. I believe that is the true mark of a strong POY candidate - playing at their best vs. the best competition when their team needs them the most. I believe Pelletier, Gendron, Akot and Lunn would round out the top 5 candidates from what I've seen and read this season.

Hoopfan4
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

BG/Trinity here I come Empty BG Trinity

Post  rwvogeley Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:25 pm

For what it is worth, if anything here is my take on the game.
Trinity is the better team. They went at Lunn to get him out of the game and it worked particularly late in the second quarter and in the third,
Trinity playe a 1-2-2 zone witha side line trap, BG didn;t know how to attack it. This enabled Trinity to overplay the passing lanes,
BG has no half court offense based on what I saw
The BG foward s took their shots to quickly. They needed to stay withthe plan of getting theball to Lunn. When the missed, Trinity got the fast break going and was able to get into a zone and clog the paint, which limited Lunn;s ability to get the ball.
Boykins didn't play. This could have helped but not enough to change the outcome
I like Otis and his defense but would like to ee the hand checking end. He and Toscano got into it at he end of the game, complaining about Steve pulling his jersey. You had thebest of the oficial o don't complain.

A far as , I do not have Gabriel on the card.YOu do not even mention one or both of the Preston brothers..I like the center for Memorial over Gabriel.
I think Lunn could be the POY but if BG starts to lose a they play the better teams , this could affect the voting,

Thoughts or comments

rwvogeley
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoopfan4 Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:18 am

Agree - Jack Preston belongs on that list as well - my bad (haven't seen him yet in person, but have read enough to know he's the real deal). Other one that belongs in the conversation is Paradis from Spaulding, especially after reading about last night's performance. So my top 5 just became top 7- plenty of worthy candidates that's for sure. It will definitely be interesting and fun to watch the home stretch of the season as the competition and intensity peak and both the teams contending for the championship and players contending for POY honors really have a chance to set themselves apart from the rest of the pack.

Hoopfan4
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next