New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

Friday 1/28 Game thread

+12
1380TheSportsAnimal
nhhoopguy
middleschoolball
abball
Salem Bleacher Creature
KG
chicagokid43
Thomas
Tuesday and Friday
nhhssports
EBlessNHSP
GNG
16 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Friday 1/28 Game thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Friday 1/28 Game thread

Post  nhhoopguy Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:48 pm

Winny girls over londonderry by ten.
winny was up at half, down by 4 with five minutes left.
Came out and ran off 10-12 straight points.
Was one of the best basketball games, boys or girls, that i have seen in past few years.

nhhoopguy
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  middleschoolball Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:48 pm

How about another great game - Central 44 Concord 42. This looked like a score from the Haubrich-Fitzpatrick coaching in the 90's

middleschoolball
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  1380TheSportsAnimal Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:20 pm

Portsmouth did a great job containing Spirou tonight- 14 points but 6 of those in garbage time. Close game in the 1st half, Portsmouth came out and put it away in the 3rd quarter, opening up a 13 lead at one point.

Kyle DiCesare caught fire in the 3rd, and Gregg Tsogranis played great D, cleaned the glass, and was an overall sparkplug for the Clippers.

Edit- Also, Portsmouth Girls over Pelham girls big, didn't get a score.
1380TheSportsAnimal
1380TheSportsAnimal
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:28 pm

My basketball duties prevented me from going to the C-Dome. Sorry GNG.

I had the pleasure of watching Memorial double up Pinkerton 66 - 33. I don't think Pinkerton even registered a basketball pulse tonight.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:31 pm

Meanwhile with the Memorial at Pinkerton girls..... Memorial was up by 8 in the 3rd, but wound up losing by 8 to Pinkerton.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:44 pm

I refreshed the NHIAA scores twice and that is correct. The final score was Newmarket 56 Mount Zion 2.

How do you think the next Mount Zion practice will pan out?

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Friday 1/28 Game thread - Page 2 Empty WOW

Post  chicagokid43 Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:08 am

I will not even go into what I thought of the first three quarters of this game. Oyster River seemed to be the bet team in the state and was up 17 at one point. At the 3:48 mark were still up 15. Milford got it to about 10 just under two minutes and kept the pressure on with Holder leading the way and some big hoops from Mitchell and O'Loughlin mixed in got them to within two with less than thirty seconds when Jamie nailed a three to put Milford up 1. Some foul shots after put them up 4. A late three got Oyster River back to within 1 but under 8 seconds left. Oyster River then fouled Nelson he was sent to line for the 1 and 1 up one with 1.7 seconds left. He missed the front end but Oyster River was out of timeouts so they had to heave it the length of the floor, ball sails right game over Milford escapes with a incredible come back win. Holder was huge in this game. Milford shot horribly against the Zone of Oyster River up until the last 3 minutes. It was similar to the Portsmouth game where Holder,Mitchell and O'Loughlin had big hoops and forced turnovers to steal the win. Incredible game!

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:13 am

Great comeback win for Milford tonight, ChiKid.

Will Milford go undefeated this season?

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Friday 1/28 Game thread - Page 2 Empty They still have some tough test to go.

Post  chicagokid43 Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:19 am

They still have some test in front of them. They have to get better at the zone offense as always and they need to force teams into a faster pace more often. They could not have played much worse in the first three quarters. Do not get me wrong Oyster River forced us to shoot from outside and we settled for them to often and built a deficit. However the energy and passion bringing them back was incredible. I see a lot of basketball and I do not think I have ever seen a bigger swing in emotion than tonight. They just absolutely refuse to go away and once they started making shots... it was a game. WOW!

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:23 am

"However the energy and passion bringing them back was incredible." ChiKid

You want to see some energy and passion? Wait until the Saber rattling that will happen one week from tonight when Milford plays at Souhegan.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:27 am

With the big BG victory over Trinity 59 to 52 and BG going 4 - 0 versus the Queen City teams I do believe I feel the walls shaking at The Jade tonight.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:40 am

Tomorrow morning on the coaches show on WGAM from 8:00 to 10:00 am they will have the following people for their segments.

From 8:00 to 9:00 am Dave Keefe and NH Sports Page's Dave Haley.

From 9:00 to 10:00 am Peter Rosinski and Mike Fitzpatrick.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Friday 1/28 Game thread - Page 2 Empty Quite a scare huh?

Post  basketballtime Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:34 am

Looks like Milford got a little scare tonight from Oyster River this was online Nashua Telegraph.
Milford 61, Oyster River 60

The unbeaten Spartans (10-0) had a scare but the duo of Jamie Holder and Mike Mitchell scored 21 of the team’s 26 points in the fourth quarter to lead Milford to a one-point win over the Bobcats in Durham on Friday.

Milford had a rough shooting night with the exception of Holder, who finished 11-for-13 from the field and 3-for-5 from the free throw line for a game-high 27 points, including 14 in the final frame. Mitchell added seven of his 12 in the fourth quarter . Mike O’Loughlin also got into double figures with 12 points.

MILFORD (61)

Jamie Holder 11-3-27, Mike Mitchell 4-2-12, Mike O’Loughlin 2-7-12, , Kyle Nelson 1-1-3, Jovi Philbrick 1-1-3, Dan Desmarais 1-0-2, Logan Barlow 1-0-2. Totals: 17-14-61.

OYSTER RIVER (60)

Walker 4-11-21, Nick 5-0-12, Goodwin 1-4-6, Dylan 1-0-2, Anthony 1-0-2, Liam 1-0-2, Adam 7-1-15. Totals: 20-16-60

Is Oyster River playing that well or is Milford slumping a bit? If i had to guess they from the past few game scores they seem to be sleep walking? Chikid any input? scratch

basketballtime
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:05 am

Chi-kid has said it several times and I agree, when teams have dropped into a zone Milford's zone offense really has struggled. I didn't get out to the game tonight so I won't comment to much on Oyster River but i'm sure if was a combo of them playing real well lately 15 point win vs leb, tough 4 pt loss vs Pelham, and tonights very tough loss. But I from what i've heard about tonights game Milfords zone offense again was the problem. When they've played good/well coached teams and those teams drop into zones they've become out of control a bit on offense and force shots.

T@F I think it was you asking Chi-kid if he thinks Milford will lose, I think there's chance this will happen, tough game at souhegan and another tough game at home vs Pelham those two games come to mind as games they could lose even the game coming up vs Stark could be tough. Mike O has really been slumping lately, that combined with the Mccallum injury and Limited bench production of late, a lot of the scoring falls on Jamie and Mikey. With Mikey having to score more I think it takes away from what he does as a passer, which I think is big in there inability to break down a zone. I'm sure Mike O will break out of this slump soon and things will be back to normal, but I would say the possibility for a loss has gone up with him slumping.

Back to top Go down

Friday 1/28 Game thread - Page 2 Empty Then again.

Post  basketballtime Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:11 am

If they can get Holder to score 14 for every quarter of the game and not just the fourth they might not have any problems at all. Very Happy

basketballtime
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:14 am

Haha that'd be nice, the way he's been playing lately anythings possible, he's now leading the team in scoring.

Back to top Go down

Friday 1/28 Game thread - Page 2 Empty Bigman and T and F are correct.

Post  chicagokid43 Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:27 am

Both of you are correct. Milford is not getting any scoring at all from the interior unless it is the three guards getting to the hoop and with the zone it does not happen enough. So tonight Oyster River played their zone Milford missed many outside shots that were not bad looks but they did not go down. The last 4 minutes was the first time Milford really committed to the press and it worked forcing Oyster River into some turnovers and then Jamie went off. Milford did do a smart thing late getting Jamie to the the middle of the zone and attacking the paint. That then turned into a few open shots and a couple of baseline moves.
The confusing thing to me is Milford seems to be waiting to press in the second and fourth quarters when they are either in foul trouble or approaching it. This seems to backfire because when you extend your D you will give up a few fouls and that allows teams foul shots and a chance to slow the pace and get back on defense after the shots. I would like to see them come out and trap and press earlier in games to try to force a fast pace from the start.
Jamie is putting together quite a year. Milford does have to get more guys involved offensively. They also have to find a way to get some better looks against the zone. I did notice that they do not screen the zone and the outside shots are more contested than they should be. I also think they need to put someone that can attack the zone like Mike O or Jamie into the lane more often. Both have the ability to get shots off in there as well as it forces the lower half of the zone to come off the baseline and defend.

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Friday 1/28 Game thread - Page 2 Empty Good points Chikid

Post  basketballtime Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:46 am

Is the team running? You make it sound like they their not pushing the ball up court enough? When i watch them play they are by far at their best when they are running the floor. In fact if i were their coach i wouldn't allow anything else unless needed. Your absolutely right that team should press not only early but often i don't understand why the coach doesn't have them perfect at doing that yet?

basketballtime
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Friday 1/28 Game thread - Page 2 Empty They are not running

Post  chicagokid43 Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:55 am

They are not running right now for a few reasons. They are depending on Jamie and Mike O to do too much rebounding. Right now I am even telling my Mike to go rebound because we are not securing the boards and hitting the outlet pass. Let's be serious if you could afford to allow Jamie and Mikey to be outlets on both sides the fast break would create it's self. Right now even when you get a rebound the outlet is to Mitchell but Jamie and Mike O are the one outletting to him and their is no one getting in front of the ball. The running will start when they decide to use two bigs or commit to the press more to run off turnovers. That is what worked tonight they made Oyster River play faster than they wanted and the turnovers allowed Milford to get some points in transition and the rest was Jamie and a little bit of Mikey.

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Friday 1/28 Game thread - Page 2 Empty Why are your bigs not rebounding?

Post  basketballtime Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:05 am

Shouldn't your bigs be rebounding the ball? Rebounding is one of the easiest things to teach and it seems like you have a few big guys that could get it done so what's the problem? scratch

basketballtime
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Friday 1/28 Game thread - Page 2 Empty Well In my opinion

Post  chicagokid43 Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:24 am

Well in My opinion if they are going to play a half court game they need two bigs on the floor with Dan,Kyle and Logan. If they are going to only use one big they should extend their pressure to limit shots to begin with. Force turnovers and run, gets stops rebound and run. I agree with the athletes they have any way they can force a faster pace they have a better chance of winning. Tonight they were saved by Jamie getting hot and the energy they finally brought on the defensive end. That is where it starts but man was it fun watching the comeback.

I would rank it right with the 12 or 13 point comeback I saw in the early 1990's. Bryce Drew of Valporaiso High School in Indiana hit three 3's and two 2's in the final minute to beat East Chicago Indiana in a incredible game. I talked to Bryce Drew this summer in Orlando and he reminded me that the second game they played that year was at the regional championship that sent Valpo down state to play in the final four. He thought that game was even better... I missed that one.

This was very similar to Portsmouth last year where we had shots early and missed them and all of a sudden Jamie hit a few and it was contagious. A very fun game and I hope I do not see another one this year. lol

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:30 am

I think the problem with the bigs is a lack of consistency. Whether it be Nelson, Barlow or Desmaris, they may have a good quarter and then will be non-existant. This lack of consistency hasn't allowed them to have a role on a game to game basis so they haven't really had consistent playing time. They all have individual things I think they could work on. Nelson still needs to get more physical, he relies solely on his ability to jump and rarely will put a body on someone. Barlow is still growing as a player he's got all the tools to be very good rebounder but he also needs to use his body more. But for Milford to be playing at there best as Chi-kid said Jamie and Mike can't be the only two rebounding.

Back to top Go down

Friday 1/28 Game thread - Page 2 Empty what a night

Post  GNG Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:33 am

zap

Last edited by GNG on Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:20 am; edited 1 time in total

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Friday 1/28 Game thread - Page 2 Empty wow u missed it

Post  GNG Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:37 am

HOLY MOLY t@f,best night in a long time .People were actually asking for you.Let me say this about last night,I was impressed with majong,put him on central and central is the real deal.4-0 AGAINST MANCH TEAMS i WILL BET MY HOUSE NOBODY ELSE DOES THAT THIS YEAR.18-6 IN THE 4TH QUARTER,HOLLER,HOLLER,HOLLER,WITH SOME DAGGERS.Trinity has to learn to play man to man in a close game.Backup point guard is a major issue there,guertin took advantage whenever majong was out,poor kid had no legs left in the 4th.memorial,trinity,central,and west is how i rank the queen city teams after watching them.guertin had 10 threes with no cuipa {ankle}.what a party after ,epic..T@F YOU MISSED IT,WHAT A BLAST AT THE GAME AND AFTER .PS How about no telegraph at the game,what a shame.my top 4 in d1 bg,memorial,trinity,merrimack.{what do i know i had londonderry and spaulding winning}

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:18 am

GNG - Lateness of basketball duties prevented me from coming.

Is The Jade still standing. I checked the news and I didn't hear of any incidents there so I'm presuming the BG faithful are OK.

I promise I'll have holes in my schedule coming up and I'll get my all access BG night. I'm thinking the Merrimack game on 3/1 or the At Salem game on 3/4. There has to be a Jade-Like place in Salem, Right?

Coach Keefe is talking about the BG game right now on WGAM. Wow, it seems like the Trinity front court had about 15 blocks last night !!!

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next