New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

Friday 1/28 Game thread

+12
1380TheSportsAnimal
nhhoopguy
middleschoolball
abball
Salem Bleacher Creature
KG
chicagokid43
Thomas
Tuesday and Friday
nhhssports
EBlessNHSP
GNG
16 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Friday 1/28 Game thread Empty Friday 1/28 Game thread

Post  GNG Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:11 pm

Seven division one teams will have 2 losses after friday night,{if my fearless predictions prove precise}and nobody is flying under the radar more then the HOTTEST team in the league,LONDONDERRY.A boatload of good games to pick from,and here is one man's opinion on how things will transpire.
WINNIE 1-5 AT LONDONDERRY 4-3, I look for the lancers to add to the longest win streak {4} in the division with an easy victory over the young warriors.People who read this blog know how much I liked this team even when they were 0-3.
MERRIMACK 4-2 AT SALEM 7-1, Merrimack has beaten 3 of the featherweights in the division,Friday will mark the 1st time this season they play a heavyweight {with a full squad}.Early season must win game for the tomahawks if they want to be considered a contender.I think they have more then enough offense to come away with a win.
DOVER 4-2 AT SPAULDING 6-2, the combined record of the 4 teams Dover has beaten is 6 wins 25 losses {including d2 ST.Thomas}.Salem held them to 27,I love the coach of Dover,I just don't think he has the horses this year.Easy red raider victory in this rivalry.
TRINITY 7-1 AT BISHOP GUERTIN 6-2, THE HOLY WAR.Trinity has the best fans in division 1, {their team is pretty darn good too} Should be another fun one at lund rd,Trinity seems to be having trouble scoring,but no trouble stopping teams from scoring.BG seems to have no trouble scoring,but has trouble stopping teams from scoring.The green and gold come away with an exciting win to go 4-0 against the Manchester teams.
PINKERTON 3-4 AT MEMORIAL 5-2, Memorial came together tuesday night when Madol fouled out.Look for them to continue to come together with Madol on the court with a solid victory over the astros.
CENTRAL 5-2 AT CONCORD 1-6, Wickey,Wickey,Wickey,should be more then enough to tame Concord.
My apologies to chi kid,I just don't know enough about d2 to give insight to the games.I do believe MILFORD returns from the trip to Durham FRIDAY STILL UNDEFEATED.
I could be 100 % wrong about how these games are going to go,but I have fun doing this.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Friday 1/28 Game thread Empty Re: Friday 1/28 Game thread

Post  EBlessNHSP Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:32 pm

Good predictions. That Trinity/BG game will be very interesting, think I like BG in it too.

Thursday Thoughts from Dave Haley is up - http://www.nhsportspage.com/display_full_story.php?story_id=569

The section at the bottom is particularly interesting on DIV teams that play year round vs. those that don't. He makes a good point. Teams like Newmarket and Derryfield (both undefeated and matchup vs. one another a week from tomorrow) are playing excellent competition all summer. The teams further north really don't seem to have as much of the desire as the southern teams do, or just not the capabilities. The decline of some of the basketball teams up north (some not all - Berlin for one, but that's a 'big' market) is particularly troublesome for the State as a whole in my opinion.
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

http://nhsportspage.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Friday 1/28 Game thread Empty North-South boys

Post  nhhssports Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:25 pm

Will be at the North-South boys game Thursday night. Updates can be found at twitter.com/nhhssports or www.nh-highschoolsports.com, and will also have a recap and photos - maybe some video if I'm lucky - following the game.

nhhssports
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:29 pm

The most interesting aspect of the Trinity at BG game, besides the competitive Catholic angle, is that BG is coming off the high of the big victory at Memorial. On the flip side Trinity is coming off the let down of the upset loss at Exeter. You can read a lot of things into this as to who has the advantage/disadvantage emotionally and spin it any way you want to. I know Trinity has the defenders and bodies to limit McClung and Green to less points than they had against the Crusaders. The "stirring of the hornet's nest" defense BG displayed against Madol won't work against Trinity. Outside of Stevens Trinity doesn't have to rely on this one or that one to score. Trinity is a consumate sum of all their workable parts. If I'm Trinity I do worry about BG's full court pressure and the fact the Pioneers really don't have a consistent point guard game in and game out. Coach Keefe throws about 3 point guards against the Tuesday and Friday game night walls and hopes one of them sticks.

There is also an underlying worry for me on Friday. My all access BG week continues to the C-Dome. I've been invited to The Jade which has that DennisHopper/Bruce Smith ad feel to it. You remember. Dennis Hopper sneaks into the Bills locker room and picks up Bruce Smith's cleats while a montage of Smith sacks and hits take place. Hopper looks up and says:

"Bad things man. Bad things."

Maybe I'll just play one of my Warren Zevon CDs on the way over and the song......

....."Lawyers, Guns and Money" will come on as a revelation of 3 things I might need later on in the night at The Jade.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Friday 1/28 Game thread Empty we are going to try and dewussiefy you T@f

Post  GNG Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:25 pm

Did you see that episode of the simpsons when homer took ned flanders to vegas?That's what I feel like going out with t@f friday night after the game.t@f if you knew what you were in for you would be much more worried then you already are.MUCH MORE...

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:21 pm

I'll take a shot at the D2 predictions.

(2-7) Bishop Brady @ (4-4) Coe-Brown- CB wins this one by 15+. Bishop Brady still struggling to find the athletes to compete in D2.

(4-6) Laconia @ (6-2) Goffstown- Goffstown will take this one by about 20 but wouldn't be suprised if it's by more. Look for Goffstown to be close to 100 once again.

(0-9) Windham @ (0-8) Hollis/Brookline- Battle of the defeated. Both teams have had a brutal schedule with Windham playing 6 or 7 of the top 8 teams and HB playing playing 6 of the top 8 including Milford twice. This is a tough one but I think Coach Soucy and his squad will find a way to win this one at home, I'll say H/B by 5.

(2-5) Conval @ (5-5) Merrimack Valley- I don't know much about Valley this year but for the most part they've beaten the teams they should beat and lost to those who you'd expect to beat them. With that said and Conval struggling I'll take Valley by 10.

(9-0) Milford @ (6-2) Oyster River- Milford is on the road for the 3rd time this week. They're coming off an ugly win against HB. Oyster River coming into this game just lost to a good Pelham team by only 4, and other than that have put away some solid teams such as Lebanon by 15pts and Goffstown by 23 points. I think Oyster River is going to give them a great game at home and this could be Milfords one blemish on the season, but with that said I don't think it will be. I'll take Milford by 10.

(4-3) Bedford @ (0-8) Plymouth- Long road trip for bedford but I don't see Plymouth getting there first W tomorrow night. Bedford will take this game by 15+.

(7-1) Pelham @ (6-2) Portsmouth- I think this should be the best game of the night in D2. Both teams are carried by solid Guard Play. This one's a really tough pick as Portsmouth is a very good team at home and I didn't get to see Walker and Dicearse play together but I can only imagine having Dicearse back makes them much stronger. This is Pelham's first tough road game but I'm going to take Spirou and crew winning this game by 5, but this one could go either way.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:23 pm

I'm not sure if you guys are seeing Smiley faces on my post lol but when I posted that they were 8's and now are smiley faces? and I tried editing them but they say 8 when I try and edit them so I apologize.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:01 am

"you would be much more worried then you already are." GNG

No, I'm not worried, but how about this posting on The Jade:

"The place is full of local drunks bumping into everyone. They will serve you till you drop. The drinks are strong.
I hear everytime a band plays there its Friday night at the fights...stay away unless you want to brawl..."

What a great place for nice Catholics to attend on a Friday night. No wonder GNG likes this place. Very Happy

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Friday 1/28 Game thread Empty I like...

Post  Thomas Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:57 am

Portsmouth at home over Pelham...at OR at home over Milford.

Thomas
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:15 am

Curious if you have any reasoning for those picks? Just wondering not trying to give you a hard time.

Back to top Go down

Friday 1/28 Game thread Empty I am sad that I will miss the Portsmouth game

Post  chicagokid43 Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:25 am

I am sad that I will miss Portsmouth and Pelham. I think that will be a good game. Spirou is a tough matchup for Portsmouth but Walker may be able to get shots over the smaller guards of Pelham. Real intriguing match up. Should be a barn burner.

Thomas is looking at the score against Hollis and worrying about Milford losing also. I have to admit that I worry about this game. Over confidence with Milford as they beat this team easily last year in Durham and Oyster River wanting revenge may make this a tough game. I do think Milford has a mismatch at the guards spot to exploit like last year but Adam Goodwin is better this year and they seemed to be more balanced with a few role players. Should be fun!

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Friday 1/28 Game thread Empty portsmouth and milford

Post  KG Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:57 am

milford over OR pretty easily, portsmouth over pelham by 10. mulvey found ways to stop hojlo a couple years ago, hel do the same with spirou. guy is definitely one of if not the best coach in d2. dicesare back, definitely makes the offense more fluid and will spread the court for walker to penetrate. i think this portsmouth team could be very scary by tournament time..

KG
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:20 am

bigman44 wrote:I'm not sure if you guys are seeing Smiley faces on my post lol but when I posted that they were 8's and now are smiley faces? and I tried editing them but they say 8 when I try and edit them so I apologize.

I edited it for you...

I think at the bottom of the page when you are posting there is a option to "disable smilies in this post". Just click that box. If regular users don't have that option I'll go through and edit posts whenever that occurs.
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

http://nhsportspage.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:33 pm

UL today posted Zach Stevens might not play tonight at BG because of frost bite on one of his hands. That would be a big loss for the Pioneers.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Friday 1/28 Game thread Empty OK, I'll bite.

Post  Salem Bleacher Creature Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:12 pm

I have never been into HS basketball. I catch a game here and there (none this year). I like sports in general. I am intrigued by the Salem HS defense. I went on NHIAA to look at some numbers. Salem is the only D1 team that has not allowed any opponent to score more than 55 points. Salem is the only team to hold an opponent to under 30 points, and they did it twice, 21 and 27. I want to see what kind of defense it is that is played to accomplish this. I will attend the Salem game tonight to see for myself. I'll let you know. It will be nice to see the football players again anyway.
Salem Bleacher Creature
Salem Bleacher Creature
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Friday 1/28 Game thread Empty speaking of football

Post  GNG Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:13 pm

kelly is going to play football at UNH

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Friday 1/28 Game thread Empty t@f are you reffing tonight?

Post  GNG Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:16 pm

cuz if not pregame starts at the 99.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:10 pm

Portsmouth beat Pelham 66-57

Back to top Go down

Post  abball Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:21 pm

milford over oyster river by 1 im sure chikid will tell us all about it. Goffstown big over Laconia also.

abball
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:22 pm

Milford was down 17 with 6 minutes left, to comeback and win by 1!

Back to top Go down

Post  abball Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:25 pm

wow sounds like a great game cant wait to see the review. did you go to the porstmouth pelham game?

abball
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  middleschoolball Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:37 pm

Is that score right on NHIAA? Newmarket 56 Mt. Zion 2 - wow! Was there really a need for all that defense?

middleschoolball
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  abball Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:38 pm

Winny over Londonderry by 1 looks like another good game. seems like there was a good group of games tonight.......besides the Newmarket one LOL.

abball
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  abball Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:39 pm

Exeter over Timby by 3

abball
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  abball Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:44 pm

Broncos over the Keene Blackbirds by 10..... 2 in a row ill take it!

abball
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next