New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

Friday 1/7 Game Thread

+9
1380TheSportsAnimal
EBlessNHSP
abball
Thomas
chicagokid43
nhhoopguy
Tulliver
Tuesday and Friday
GNG
13 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Friday 1/7 Game Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Friday 1/7 Game Thread

Post  EBlessNHSP Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:22 am

It's also a clear advantage for the home team. For a team like Spaulding, all the Manchester, Nashua area and West teams have a brutal hour and a half or two hour (more for Keene....ooooouch) drive to come play the Red Raiders. Kids are falling asleep in the bus before the game, etc. It's a nightmare for a coach. Hard to get kids going for those games. Lebanon is the same story I'm sure for the Milford coaches/kids.
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

http://nhsportspage.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Friday 1/7 Game Thread - Page 4 Empty Yeah

Post  chicagokid43 Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:23 am

Luckily we do not get Lebanon this year...

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  1380TheSportsAnimal Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:35 am

chicagokid43 wrote:Actually it looks like 1380 Sports animal brought it back up.. right? I still dont know how to read that post..

Just bustin your chops is all.
1380TheSportsAnimal
1380TheSportsAnimal
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Friday 1/7 Game Thread - Page 4 Empty tell everyone a little secret

Post  GNG Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:36 am

kelly is back,played tonight,he is one of those kids that might not reflect in the books but he is a nice piece to have back in the puzzzle.cheated a tad on my diet tonite,but the devi made me do it.looking forward to the rest of the season,lets play ball

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  1380TheSportsAnimal Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:44 am

chicagokid43 wrote:Is Spaulding to Salem really a long ride? What is that about an hour....

It's an hour for me (I live in Rochester), but I drive like Winston Wolf- in a school bus it's probably more like an hour and a half.
1380TheSportsAnimal
1380TheSportsAnimal
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Friday 1/7 Game Thread - Page 4 Empty Goffstown/Hanover?

Post  Thomas Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:13 am

Does anyone have a final for that one? Thanks...

Thomas
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Friday 1/7 Game Thread - Page 4 Empty FIRST TIME IN A LONG TIME THE MERRIMACK BOYS WERE ON THE FLOOR TOGETHER

Post  GNG Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:52 am

All year long bg has not been able to play their game, which is full court man to man PRESSURE.Last night with the return of Mike Kelly they were able to do that.I realize it was Alvirne,but it doesn't matter.That team last night was not the same team that I saw for the first 3 games,this was the team that I saw all summer.Ball movement,three balls flying,crashing the boards,full court pressure.McClung 23 points {in the flow of the game} remi 13 points {real close to a triple double},Cuips getting some clutch 3's in the 3rd quarter, and kelly causing mayhem with his athletic ability.Did I mention that Holler is starting to feel comfortable from 3 point land.T@F ,no need to shower to get the stench of the game off.I hate to hear a loss is sometimes good for a team,but that South game, they were HORRIBLE.I think it served as a big wakeup call for these kids.I don't know if they will win it,but they are going to be fun to watch.You want to see some 70"s high scoring hoop games MR.T@F,come on down and watch the cards.Migs called off the dogs with 7 minutes left and they still hung 70,after scoring only 9 in the 1st quarter.

Last edited by GNG on Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:31 am; edited 1 time in total

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  JAF Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:27 am

Salem 55, Spaulding 52 (Eagle Tribune). Spaulding/Salem game was well played... No Spaulding student section except for JV players - Salem students were up the whole game, but really only "into it" when Salem had a lead or were down by 1... Spaulding likes the 3's and no one is afraid to shoot them - they got 10 in the game, but probably shot at least 20 if not 25 - even their big man (#15) will heave 'em up from the top of the arc. Spaulding led most of the 1st half by 2-6 points - 12-11 after one and 30-28 at half. Salem made a half time adjustment to pressure a bit more on the 3 shot and Spaulding couldn't convert many of their backdoor cuts. Doesn't hurt to have Lorenz is in there. Salem shot very well and led by 46-37 after 3. Early action in the 4th saw Salem freezing the ball - keeping it moving around the perimeter with the lead. Tough to do that for a whole quarter though and eventually Spaulding capitalized on a few mistakes and made a run in the 4th actually going ahead by 1 with about 3 to go. After a traded basket or two, Salem was able to convert two in a row and force Spaulding to foul. Salem was able to convert some free throws. Yes it's a longgg drive for Spaulding - the JV game got started late because the bus didn't leave Rochester until after 4.

JAF
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:36 am

Thanks for the recap JAF, and welcome to the forum!
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  nhhoopguy Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:38 am

Wouldn't Keene be in a tough situation on most road games, with Concord the nearest school

nhhoopguy
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:40 am

yes keene is another dreaded roadtrip for most schools. 101 being a nightmare between 3 and 5pm on a bus.
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:41 am

You would think. Talent hasn't been over flowing in Keene the last few years. Add in their geographic location to the rest of schools in D1 and the long bus rides then you know why they haven't had too many happy bus rides home. The last time Keene had a good team was when Luptowski was a senior which was 4 to 5 years ago.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:46 am

If you can tune into WGAM 1250 this morning. They are having a review show of last night's action with interviews with coaches. They just interviewed Doc and are talking to Migs right now.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Friday 1/7 Game Thread - Page 4 Empty Keene State Tourny stats are revealing..

Post  chicagokid43 Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:47 am

Yeah I think Keene to Dover would be a very bad ride for D1 games. I have often thought Keene in D2 would make more sense with many more teams to schedule within a hour. However this actually just takes me back to no divisions and more outside of divisional games being more accepted. But with other NH basketball guru's asking for even Christmas tourney games to count as real games I doubt the NHIAA will ever think about promoting outside of division games as much as I would. I think it would be very easy to make divisions and schedule playoffs on how a team finished in the division and build the tourney around the area the teams are in culminating with two teams that have not played yet that year meeting in the finals.. Takes me back to my good old days.

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Friday 1/7 Game Thread - Page 4 Empty WGAM?

Post  chicagokid43 Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:49 am

WGAM seems to think that only D1 players had good games.. lol All of their top performers are D1. Nothing on D2.

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:21 pm

Some things said by Doc and Migs in the coaches interview section of WGAM's morning recap show today that covered last night's games:

Doc said:

- Memorial is one of the favored teams from the city to be one of the top teams and Trinity is one of the most talented teams.

- He thinks this year's Central team is one of the best defensive teams he's ever coached at Central.

- Junior Brown didn't play any organized basketball until his sophmore year of HS. In his first organized game as a sophmore he started last year which he thinks is unbelievable.

Migs said:

- Connor Green injured his ankle on last Tuesday at practice and will be out for another 1 to 2 weeks.

- Maybe McClung misses graduated Scott St. Lawrence a bit because St. Lawrence used to do a lot of rebounding and kick the ball to McClung for some shots.

- BG was out rebounded badly in the first half of last night's game with Alvrine. BG then adjusted and boxed out more in the 2nd half. Part of this is due to playing a lot of guards in his lineup.

- We have a bullseye on our back and we can live with it.

- BG will have a tough schedule next week with playing West at home and then a Friday road trip to Spaulding.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:32 pm

i guess that makes the 62 points bg put up on them that much more impressive,cuz central has had some awesome defensive teams.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:36 pm

GNG,

So, now do you want to change what you said before or after your first cup of coffee this morning??:

"I don't know if they will win it (BG),but they are going to be fun to watch."

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Friday 1/7 Game Thread - Page 4 Empty chikid, this was their 1st show of the year

Post  GNG Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:37 pm

I am sure MILFORD will get plenty of love from WGAM.They said they only had 2 guys covering games last night.While I am thinking of it how lame is the telegraph,tom king is at the bg game covering it for wgam,but he can't write about it in the telegraph because the telegraph didn't assign him that game.That is wrong,let the guy write if he is there.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Friday 1/7 Game Thread - Page 4 Empty nope

Post  GNG Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:42 pm

I stand by my statement,honestly I think it will be bg,memorial,or central.merrimack and trinity could do it ,but they are real young.T@F, do you still have west in your top 5?

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Friday 1/7 Game Thread - Page 4 Empty Was just talking about scorers

Post  chicagokid43 Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:48 pm

I just thought it was funny that they had no D2 good performances in the bracket.

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Friday 1/7 Game Thread - Page 4 Empty These guys are new

Post  GNG Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:55 pm

Tarrier is not on anymore,I liked him.I am sure these guys will be fine once they get a few shows under their belt.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:00 pm

No, I don't have West in my top 5 right now. After seeing them play Central last night they should be a # 6 to #9 team when it's all said and done. Gonzalez still isn't 100% and having Hunter injured thins them out in the depth dept. BG will catch the Blue Knights at a right time next Tuesday. Plus, West still has to prove they can win a game they take a bus to. West's goal should be get every one healthy, keep them on the team and get a #6 to #8 seed so their prelim game is in the night vision confines of the Blue Knight gym.

My top 5 in alphabetical order is:

BG - Still their title to lose.

Central - LaCount and Wickey not only continue to impress with their talent, but also their unflustered leadership.

Memorial - If it's a close game in Jan and Feb and Madol has the ball are you scared? If it's a close game in the playoffs and Madol has the ball are you scared? The answer to the 2 questions are yes for #1 and totally for #2.

Trinity - There is something about this team that says really good things are going to happen this year. One of the most interesting mix of players in D1.

Pinkerton - The Concord game was their wake up call like South for BG. The Astros have a lot of nice players in the mix.

Merrimack - I can't put them in the top 5 right now as they have some issues to address. While they are adressing these issues they could lose a couple more games which would put a top 4 seeding for the playoffs in jeapordy. Some team that finishes in the top 4 might have a rock matchup hosting Merrimack in the 3-6 or 2-7 game. Luckily for Merrimack the schedule seems easier in the next 2 weeks while they iron out some wrinkles.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Friday 1/7 Game Thread - Page 4 Empty we are on the same page

Post  GNG Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:15 pm

couple of games I hope to see you at,the 25th at memorial,and the 28th trinity comes to nashua for a visit.That will be a fun week.One correction T@f it is pinky's championship to lose,since they are the defending champs.The bg kids are aware how long it has been since a state hoop banner has been hung in the gym.Not to many kids have the chance to win 1 in football,and basketball.These kids are hungry,I don't believe you will see them taking any team for granted the rest of the season.They know they have a chance to do something special.While I am thinking of it T@f,are you doing any work for wgam?I thought you did a good job last year.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:27 pm

The 25th at Memorial could be a good possibility. My schedule is accomadating right now.

On the 28th, if you could have a reserved folding chair for me by the outer edge of the stands that would be awesome. I would be flying into the C-Dome at 7-ish. I don't feel like saying, "Is that 6 inch seat available" to a few people in the stands.

You seem anxious to see me, GNG. Did you find an old yearbook that might have some interest to me?

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next