New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

Dec. 16th Games

2 posters

Go down

Dec. 16th Games Empty Dec. 16th Games

Post  Tuesday and Friday Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:24 am

A couple of important opening night games in D1:

South at Spaulding: How will South be without the consummate drink stirrer Tim Preston? Will Spaulding be a legit threat to get a Top 4 seed?

Exeter at West: The game is at 6:30 pm. Remember West home games match the girls who play in D2. This will be an interesting opening road game for Exeter. They have the pieces to make a good Ship run this season in Medley and Holler. They are well coached. Exeter has what not too many teams have: a legit center in Medley. He altered the shot selection of many Mack shots in the Blue Hawk upset of Merrimack in the prelim playoff game last season. Past history has shown us a West team is usually better in December/Jan than they are in Feb/March.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Dec. 16th Games Empty Re: Dec. 16th Games

Post  TooClutch Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:41 pm

Winners? lossers? Stats?

TooClutch
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:24 pm

Exeter won by about 34. I know it's West, but Exeter is a legit Top 4 club this season. They are deep going about 9 to 10 with quality. Medley has improved his footwork and stamina from last year. He can run the court nicely and finishes. He has good defensive timing and uses smart verticality to block and alter shots. Holler does a good job at point. Pembroke might be able to throw a lot of 6'4 to 6'7 players at you, but Exeter has 9 players on their roster 6'0 to 6'2 and most of them can shoot. They all run the floor well and can defend. The majority of these Blue Hawk 6 footers are strong and have muscular width. Exeter will do very well with incidental contact and taking advantage of it during the season.

They have a nice back up big in 6'5 PJ Hansen. He can knock down a medium depth shot. This team is well coached by Holmes. They will back screen you to death with all their strong bodies. Their back screening reminds me of the EJ Perry Salem back to back Ship teams that screened you into submission.

Exeter subs with regularity and has fresh legs at good intervals. You better be ready to run with Exeter and you better be ready to defend their 3's and defend their patient screening. Austin, Vigars, Adler, Holmes, Dickinson and Swett....... All 6'0 to 6'2 and ready to run.

I feel very comfortable having Exeter as my #3 team.

Unfortunately, West will have a difficult time finding Wins this season. Their student body was energized and had a good showing tonight. Get ready for a different looking West gym. The bleachers under the balcony are not in use until Jan/Feb. These bleachers (here's the line of the night):

"We're deemed unsafe"

So if you play at West only the bleachers to the right are open as you enter the gym. To the left are the players, coaches and scorer's table and nothing else. Intra city games should be interesting.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:27 pm

Coe Brown girls beat John Stark 48 to 9.

I heard it was 40 to 2 at the end of the 3rd period.  Basketball affraid affraid affraid 

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  TooClutch Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:47 pm

I agree with your exeter pick always a tough team to play, I challenge someone to find a game that they lost by double digits last year, always well coached, solid from top to bottom, and strong defensively

TooClutch
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:55 pm

After seeing Exeter tonight they will provide a nice challenge to 1 and 1A Trinity & Central.

I will be very interested in seeing how they do in the completely loaded 2013 QCIBT. For the first time in a while the non-Manchester bracket will be more talented in depth of teams and players than the Manchester bracket.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:32 am

NHIAA is reporting South beating Spaulding 67 to 57. That's a mild upset in my mind.

I'm texting Justin to make sure that's correct. scratch 

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  TooClutch Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:43 am

Im not sure why people are so high on spaulding? If im not mistaken they graduated everyone but 2 players from last year

TooClutch
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:21 am

Cronin is an excellent coach and has a good system in place. He always has them in the hunt. Every time some one discounts Spaulding they come through...... Must be living in Rochester that toughens you up. Ask Justin Mc. They always have a good JV team and a top notch JV coach that builds good depth for Varsity.

Speaking of JV...... Exeter has a very good JV team. Exeter will be very competitive for the foreseeable future.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:13 am

Well, it's true. South did beat Spaulding. Jeremy has the evidence right here. Seems like South got the benefit of the return of point guard Yordy Tavarez who scored 25 points. Spaulding does not get the benefit of Anthony Ciccotelli, a tough 6-3 forward, who didn't play and was not listed on the Red Raider roster last night.

Looks like South might find themselves fighting to get into the Top 8 discussion this season.

http://www.nhnotebook.com/2013/12/tavarez-returns-leads-south-past.html

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum