New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

New Hampton visits Proctor

3 posters

Go down

New Hampton visits Proctor Empty New Hampton visits Proctor

Post  chicagokid43 Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:10 am

Went out to Andover to see Proctor host New Hampton tonight. A very competitive game with Proctor leading til late in the game. This was the first time I seen Proctor this season and I was very pleased with them they have good size and are very physical almost to a fault.
Ben Bartoldus was the star tonight for Proctor connecting on 4 threes and ending up with about 24 points (14 in the first half).His performance included two steals in a row in the beginning of the second half that opened up a ten point lead for Proctor. New Hampton was forced to pull out a few new looks to get some key stops and slow the pace of the game. A full court zone trap was employed and it had a good effect on the game. Proctor was using a good portion of the shot clock just getting up the floor and into their sets. Their shot selection was hampered by this and soon New Hampton would claw their way back. With the defense now getting stops it was time to go to the big guy. Evan Smotrycz was asked to get aggressive and his ability to put the ball on the floor and get to the line was to much for Proctor. T This was the best I have seen him play this season in the games I have seen. Jordan Laguerre was effective early but seemed to spend most of the second half on the bench. Steve Topercar ran the point and did a nice job on the two point guards from Proctor. It was a very good game and Proctor showed that they are not far off of the top teams in New England. New Hampton host Brewster at New Hampton Friday night. I have a Friday off with Milford but BG vs Trinity is a very short ride. Decisions decisions....

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

New Hampton visits Proctor Empty Re: New Hampton visits Proctor

Post  EBlessNHSP Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:39 am

Brewster will win at New Hampton...the Trinithy/BG game is much more of a toss-up. If you're going strictly on the quality of basketball, well you're going to see better players at the Prep game, but it's a different style. But I don't need to explain that to you.

BG/Trinity would be calling my name...
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

http://nhsportspage.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

New Hampton visits Proctor Empty Why do you think?

Post  chicagokid43 Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:45 am

Mr Assistant, what makes you think Brewster is a sure thing at New Hampton? I was at the Brewster/New Hampton game at Brewster at it was a great game with Brewster pulling away in the final 3 minutes. That was with Evan Smotrycz banged up with a calf injury and it was at Brewster. I agree talent for talent Brewster is a better team but at home New Hampton shoots the ball better and the gym fills up for that game. Especially on a Friday night. I am not so sure this is a game that is already decided. However, I most likely will go to Trinity vs BG out of respect for the kids we know on those teams. Mikes fellow teammates with the Jayhawks are always fun to watch play. I also have not seen Trinity since the Holiday tourney and that game they were without Hayden so I feel the tide pulling me to BG. Besides I have Saturday plans down at Worcester to see Winchendon at Worcester Academy. We often talk about the Brewsters and New Hamptons of the area but Winchendon is a very impressive club as well. They currently have 6 division 1 players on the roster with 2 to 3 more that could still find there way onto D1 or high level D2 rosters be the end of the season. So with the trip to Worcester planned out already I would say save the gas and miles on the car and take the short ride to BG.
For the record I know Jeremy and some of the other Basketball crazies in the state talk about how much basketball they see but I have to think I am the a close second to Jeremy when it comes to miles and games viewed this season. I mean on the prep side I have seen many teams including Worcester,New Hampton,Brewster,Proctor,Tilton,St Thomas More,Phillips Exeter,Brimmer and May,Notre Dame Prep,Rise Academy,Ocean Academy,Marianapolis,St Andrews and St MArk's.
On the class L front I have seen Dover,Alvirne,Central,Memorial,Merrimack,Trinity,Central,BG,Exeter,West,South,North,Keene and Exeter.
Class I, Milford,Portsmouth,Bow,Hollis,Souhegan,Stark,MV,Pelham,Pembroke,Coe Brown,Lebanon,Hanover,St Thomas,Conval,Monadnock, Bedford and Oyster River.
Class M Conant and Campbell.
So I guess what I am saying is the best way to avoid divorce.. dont be home long enough to make her mad or as she looks at it, stay gone long enough to keep her happy.

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:44 am

I'm trying to figure out if ChiKid's post directly above this one is a resume for future basketball endeavors or an ad to open up a marriage counseling service?

Last edited by Tuesday and Friday on Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

New Hampton visits Proctor Empty My wife and I knew T and F would have a quick response!

Post  chicagokid43 Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:20 pm

My wife and I knew T and F would have a quick response!

It is both!

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down