New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

New Hampton at Worcester Academy

2 posters

Go down

New Hampton at Worcester Academy Empty New Hampton at Worcester Academy

Post  chicagokid43 Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:09 pm

Todays big game is Worcester hosting New Hampton at 4pm. Should be a great game with a nice atmosphere down in Worcester. I will be there.

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

New Hampton at Worcester Academy Empty Results were somewhat unexpected

Post  chicagokid43 Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:06 pm

Last night's game was not what I expected but it showed me that New Hampton is a program that can play with anyone in the country period.
After last weeks visit to see Brewster at Worcester that showed me a great game in which Worcester had two shots rim out that would have beaten the boys from Brewster. I was expecting Worcester to be the favorite especially with BC recruit Brady Heslip leaving over the break to go early admission to BC. Boy was I wrong. After Christof Heridel from Worcester came out hot and hit three quick three's and Worcester jumped out to an early ten point lead it looked as if I was going to be correct but as soon as that happened Steve Topercar from New Hampton answered with 4 threes of his own that quickly made a game of it. New Hampton was only down a bucket at Halftime.
Entering the second half it seemed as if Worcester was going to run everything through point guard Billy Baron. He was run off screens and put into a spread so he could create. He is a great point guard with real good range and a treat to watch create for others. However shots were not falling and the size of the New Hampton bigs were starting to take over the boards and turn the tables. New Hampton continued to throw it inside and soon Worcester was in foul trouble and having to drop help into the paint to slow the power game of New Hampton. Dartaye Ruffin and Thomas Bropleh were really taking over the game. Evan Smotrrycz was playing a high post and bringing one of Worcesters bigs away from the hoop and that made it even tougher for Worcester to match up inside. Smotrycz is a very good passer from the top of the key and can shoot it from there as well which really opened the floor. Soon Jordan Laguerre was finding seams in the defense and getting to the hoop and next thing you know Eric Dean is knocking down 4 three's. The rout was on and New Hampton never let Worcester get back within ten. I did not write down the final but it was a very convincing win somewhere around 20 points.
Very nice win on the road especially when you take into consideration the schedule the New Hampton boys had to endure this weekend. On Friday night the team headed to Northfield Mass to face Northfield Mount Herman and that is a 2.5 hour ride from New Hampton. Returned to New Hampton late Friday night. Saturday classes and back in the car for the ride to Worcester, another two hour jaunt. Long weekend for sure.

The New Hampshire duo of Laguerre and Dean are heavy contributors to the team and the coaching for this club is very good. If you have not seen a game as of yet you are missing out. Get out and see them you will not be disappointed.

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

New Hampton at Worcester Academy Empty Re: New Hampton at Worcester Academy

Post  EBlessNHSP Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:49 pm

Great recap, love hearing the local kids hold their own on that powerful squad.
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

http://nhsportspage.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

New Hampton at Worcester Academy Empty Numbers

Post  chicagokid43 Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:06 pm

I should have walked over and got their numbers but was lazy. I do know that both guys had at least 15. Dean had 4 threes and a few layups. Jordan had many acrobatic finishes and looked a little more comfortable at the PG spot. HE still had a few moments where he was on attack mode to early in the sets and the coach was quick to point out that to him. Both players though contributed well.

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

New Hampton at Worcester Academy Empty Re: New Hampton at Worcester Academy

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down