New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

jan 31st games

+6
middleschoolball
3buoyshoops
Bert54the1
Tuesday and Friday
BoscoD39
bigkidsdad
10 posters

Go down

jan 31st games Empty jan 31st games

Post  bigkidsdad Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:24 am

I'm really looking forward to the Plymouth vs Bishop Brady game tonight in Plymouth should be a very good game

bigkidsdad
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

jan 31st games Empty Re: jan 31st games

Post  BoscoD39 Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:17 am

Keene @ Alvirne: Alvirne gets a needed break in their schedule. Alvirne.
Pinkerton @ Londonderry: Rivalry game. Londonderry.
South @ Bedford: Best 1 win team in the State goes again. South.
Winnacunnet @ BG: Not enough threes in the arsenal for Winny. BG.
North @ Concord: Interesting battle for a playoff spot here. North.
Timberlane @ Central: Measuring stick game for Timby. Scores show improvement, regardless of record.
Trinity @ Memorial: Something tells me this could be close. Trinity.
Merrimack @ Salem: Salem isn't scoring 70+ on the second night of a back-to-back against this defense. Merrimack.

BoscoD39
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:46 am

"Timberlane @ Central: Measuring stick game for Timby. Scores show improvement, regardless of record."

Bosco

Meausuring stick game for Timby? I like it. Go Owls !!

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Bert54the1 Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:57 am

Keene 0-for the season visits Alvirne 3-6.   You would think Alvirne is better than 3-6.  They have beaten Pinkerton 6-2 and Memorial.  Another long ride for Keen who have been outscored by better than 30 points per game.

South 5-2 travels down the road to Bedford 1-7.  You see it in the papers and blogs-------Bedford 6 of those losses by 21 total points.   What's that a sign of?  South is legit.   Should be a close one.

Winny 6-2 @ BG 9-1.   BG's 9 victories have been against teams 18-60----no one with a winning record.  Lots of 3's shot in this one.  BG without CJ.

Concord 3-5 @ North 3-6. Concord, who returns to action after a week, was averaging 60 ppt until scoring half of that # vs Merrimack last Friday.  North's win at home vs. Bedford still makes you wonder.   Interesting math-up.   Teams will go to overtime tied at 64.

Pinkerton 6-2 @ Londonderry 7-2.  Rivalry.  Teams will meet again in two weeks. Pinkerton winners of 6 straight vs teams combined 17-38 will be tested by Londonderry who have four impressive road wins--at Memorial, @ Winny, @ Spaulding, @ BG.

Merrimack 7-1 @ Salem 3-4.  Back to back nights for Salem.  Merrimack coming off Central, has 2nd of 3 straight on the road.

Timberlane 0 for______ @ Central 10-0.  Not if the Martin brothers moved back to Florida and Hansen had a early college visit...I'm not sure if losing by 20 is an improvement. Maybe teams are rightfully reluctant to stick it to them, except Memorial who won by 30. They will win a game but not tonight.

Memorial 4-4 @ Trinity 8-1.  Memorial averaging 85 ppg in 4 wins.  ONLY 68 in 4 losses.  Trinity has given up 47 ppg in 8 wins.  Only team that they haven't slowed down is Central.

Bert54the1
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

jan 31st games Empty RE: Jan 31 Games

Post  3buoyshoops Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:49 am

"Friday night light's" a good night of D1 Ball on the docket this last night of January (Thank god), and we could be Smelling some upset's out there tonight if the boy's ain't focused. Should be fun night in the gym's across that state, go out and support your local teams.....best money you've spent all winter......................

KEENE vs. ALVIRNE : Keene.........the wheels on the bus go round & round....round & round...round & round...The wheels on the bus...go round & round ....All through the State.........Alvirne playing poorly after extended stay vacation on schedule but should get well real quick with this bunny, Keene going through the motion's.....of the bus.............................Alvirne home and needs the booost!.....................................................................................................ALVIRNE W.

PINKERTON vs. LONDONDERRY : Very interesting Match -up, Pinky inside Game.. nothing outside, Londonderry just the opposite, Don't know if Pinky can defend the outside game that well as londonderry might have more success defending inside, Not impressed with Pinky seen them four times, it's the Rozinski show and not a whole hell of anything else, Londonderry has more weapon's but.....Live by the 3ball....die by the 3ball, Toss up game if Londonderry can't bury the trey. but at home....should get it done as Pinky's schedule starts to get very unkind.........................."CO - GAME - O - NIGHT".................................................................LONDONDERRY W.

NASHUA SOUTH vs. BEDFORD: Another game of contrasting styles that should come down to the wire, and Bedford might just steal it at Home, this could be the one South has match up problems with, Fitzy's gotta be pissed losing to Memorial other night and season getting to point where he could start losing them, very weak schedule ahead for Bulldog's, but they need this one bad, South playing solid basketball..........might slip here with upset minded bedford...............................BEDFORD W.

WINNACUNNET vs. BISHOP GUERTIN: Winny going into the iron for most of the rest of way.......not good for Winny, BG should show them there are two league's in the division this year.....THE TOP 5....and THE REST......Even without Boykin's.......BG at home and the better well rounded team, Winny will fight and have a couple weapon's...Don't fall a sleep BG and you win.Start of Winny falling back to earth a bit... have not faced an upper team since home opener.. BG w/o Boykins, miss his d most........BG W.

NASHUA NORTH vs. CONCORD : Never know what you going to get from north other than Lates...Lates and more Lates....Other's need to get more involved and be productive, Concord improved and playing with energy and purpose.....and at Home.................................................................................CONCORD W.

TIMBERLAND vs. MANCHESTER CENTRAL: Sorry Timby, This is no measuring stick.......This is a Massacre! Central will be kind and not embarrass as they should respectfully do. Doc will go deep into bench and maybe the stands to keep this respectful....As they should! Timby will come with everything they got and wear the color's proud and play hard and with effort........as they should!..........................but let's get serious..........................this will be quick, keep bus running..........CENTRAL W

TRINITY vs. MANCHESTER MEMORIAL : Trinity elite but will/should get tested here mightily, Memorial playing as good as anyone of late and have some good weapons if all present, they just can't finish against the iron.....tonight?, Trinity more disciplined and play with a lot of energy and know how to win games like this....should be a battle....will it be??..................."CO - GAME - O - NIGHT"............................................................................................................................TRINITY W.

MERRIMACK vs. SALEM : Merri Playing real well and Goody's got them believing, Salem thin in a lot of area's but will battle hard, no love lost between these to schools that are usually equally matched................not this year..............Bloody knuckles game......................................................................MERRIMACK W.

see you on the hardwood!!!!!!!!!!!

3buoyshoops
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  BoscoD39 Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:58 am

Clearly I'm a Timberlane guy, but I'm not oblivious to their struggles.  I'm actually looking deeper than the overall record.  I can tell you that losing by 19 at South, 20 to BG, 21 to Trinity and 24 at Spaulding are improvements in that program.  In comparison to last year, it is obvious that coach is improving that program.    They have a heavy junior/sophomore lineup, and have been taking the better teams deeper into games, with the exception of Memorial.  The move to Division 2 will be great for them and I won't be surprised to see them make early strides there.  As for the rest of this year, there are some toss-up games left in front of them, so it really is an issue of them taking advantage of any opportunities they get.

As for Doc being kind, that certainly wasn't the case last year when he made a run for the century mark. Wouldn't be shocked if it was in his plan again.

BoscoD39
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:14 pm

Good post Bosco. You sir are a gentleman  cheers 

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:22 pm

Nice article from Roger Brown on tonight's games. There is some nice Pub for girl's hoops too  cheers cheers cheers 

http://www.unionleader.com/article/20140131/SPORTS21/140139806

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  middleschoolball Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:14 pm

Bert54the1 wrote:

Concord 3-5 @ North 3-6. Concord, who returns to action after a week, was averaging 60 ppt until scoring half of that # vs Merrimack last Friday.  North's win at home vs. Bedford still makes you wonder.   Interesting math-up.   Teams will go to overtime tied at 64.

Actually Concord played Central Wed. night in a makeup game and I believe tonight's game is at Concord, not at North.

middleschoolball
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Bert54the1 Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:24 pm

Thanks Middle School, You should get a job with the NHIAA. Too much for them, I guess, to update the actually date a game will be played, I guess. My bad on North/Concord game.

Bert54the1
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  TheGeneral Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:12 pm

TONIGHTS UPSETS:

Bedford beats South

Memorial beats Trinity

TheGeneral
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post  UNH Sports Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:58 pm

Bedford 74 South 45, final. Bedford was on fire all game. Another big night from Ryan Brown for Bedford. South just couldn't get anything going and opted for the three ball all night long which just wasn't falling for them.

UNH Sports
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post  JAF Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:25 pm

BG 70-68 on outrageous layup at buzzer by CJ Boykin

JAF
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  And 1 Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:39 pm

Ruffin was out vs bg, great game close all the way through. Big game from Paul Michaud of winni and John Noon of bg, both were on fire from deep

And 1
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post  Bert54the1 Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:57 am

I guess I do not understand the rules for ejection. In this forum it was reported that CJ Boykin was ejected from the BG?Alvirne game. Wouldn't he have to sit two games?

Bert54the1
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Bert54the1 Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:03 am

General,

NHIAA reports Trinity beat Memorial.

Bert54the1
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  JAF Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:34 am

Bert54the1 wrote:I guess I do not understand the rules for ejection.  In this forum it was reported that CJ Boykin was ejected from the BG?Alvirne game.  Wouldn't he have to sit two games?  

Read the NHIAA Basketball Policies and Procedures found here:

http://www.nhiaa.org/manuals.cfm or directly http://www.nhiaa.org/PDFs/5071/Basketball2013-14.pdf

There's

"18.
SPORTSMANSHIP TAUNTING:
Taunting in all sports is a flagrant unsportsmanlike foul which shall result in the ejection of the participant
from that day of competition, plus the next day of scheduled competition"

Which probably is as close as you're going to get... I did scout around some more, but found nothing else specific to player ejections, but I'm sure it's somewhere that all ejections carry a following game suspension. Ejections are reported to the NHIAA. If players receive multiple ejections, I'm sure they have the "right" to disqualify players for longer either through the competition committee or the head of the NHIAA (Corbin) if necessary. I'm also assuming the NHIAA will ask for game tape of the incident. Most schools in at least this area seem to have multiple people taping.

The 2nd game that was talked about is BG's policy to match the NHIAA suspension. So why wasn't that applied here... Well let's just say from what I was told the video tape doesn't lie. It was clear from the tape that CJ was wrapped up (around the neck) by one Alvirne player and pushed his way away from that. When doing so another player came at him and went to shove him, but he backed away and put out his hands at the same time trying to deflect the attack. The tape was taken from half court at the top of the bleachers looking to the left where the action occurred around the free throw line, so I think it would have a good view. The two pushes resulted in two technicals which carries the disqualification. Fouls occurring during dead ball are technical, technically. Why the 2nd Alvirne player received nothing is unknown to me.

JAF
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  3buoyshoops Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:14 am

Touchy situation, Glad he played if "ejection" was in error, I do believe though that it is a given or code with'in the school's/coaches that the player sit's the next game reguardless, ejection is an ejection as interpreted by the ref to send a clear message with a stiff penalty to deter further "problems" and set a standard if you will. Video replay in high school sports for anything is new's to me but troublesome if your going to use it for an ejection or justification of one either way considering all that goes on with video, ie: angles, quality, sound, ect. ect. Again, glad he played if warranted.....but like i said..................Touchy situation, Mig's has handled Boykin very well keeping a very tight leash.......................

3buoyshoops
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:22 am

It's too early in the morning to check the jungle of NHIAA policies because I've only had a half a cup of coffee, but I think  study 

When a player is ejected with 2 technical he misses the next scheduled game.

When a player is ejected for fighting, flagrant or throwing a punch he misses 2 games.

When a coach receives 2 technicals and is ejected he misses 2 games.

After I have another cup of coffee, this might change.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  JAF Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:35 am

clarification: video was used by the school to determine if match was warranted.

Although using video for fight instances may not be bad idea under the "get it right" policy. Of course that means every game has to be assigned an official videographer... I'd rather have a shot clock  Basketball 

JAF
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  3buoyshoops Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:58 am

Me too JAF , mee tooooooooo.

3buoyshoops
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down