New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

Jan. 8th Games

+9
nhkickzgod
tarrier
baseballstar134
The Observer
BoscoD39
SeacoastDad
The Edge
mmartineaunhti2015
Tuesday and Friday
13 posters

Go down

Jan. 8th Games Empty Jan. 8th Games

Post  Tuesday and Friday Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:41 am

The following games posted here on the Forum can be found on the NHIAA web site, but I'm doing this informationally for our members. The following list of games is to promote healthy discussion of tonight's matchups. It is not for the purpose to spur math-related debates and to draw the ire of Bill James types.

I hope there is no teen basketball angst produced by this thread.

Very Happy Laughing Very Happy Laughing Very Happy Laughing Very Happy Laughing Very Happy Laughing Very Happy Laughing Very Happy Laughing Very Happy Laughing Very Happy Laughing Very Happy Laughing Very Happy Laughing

Bedford at Alvirne: This is an extremely important home game for the Broncos. An important away game for the Bulldogs.

Central at Keene: Every one knows about the long bus rides to Keene.

Dover at Merrimack: Key game to possibly determine a home prelim game.

Trinity at South: The marquee game of the evening. Intriguing matchup of Jack Preston and Mabor Gabriel.

Salem at Winny: Can Salem get their first win at a tough place to play?

Pembroke at H/B: Matchup of the only 2 undefeated teams in D2.

Girl's games:

Londonderry at BG: The Lady Lancers seemed like a lock to be a Top 4 team before the start of the season. Now, there's North, Pinkerton and Alvirne pulling a Lee Corso and saying:
"Not so fast my friend"

Alvirne at Bedford: Nice matchup of top tier teams.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Jan. 8th Games Empty Re: Jan. 8th Games

Post  mmartineaunhti2015 Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:07 am

I get to make the trip out to Keene. Here we go. 2nd straight year of making this trip to Keene and again on a Tuesday. I also have to make this trip in the spring for girls tennis. If central can stop the three players that do most of the scoring for the blackbirds Central will win.

mmartineaunhti2015
All-State
All-State

https://www.youtube.com/user/MichaelMartineaumchs

Back to top Go down

Jan. 8th Games Empty Jan. 8th Games

Post  The Edge Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:30 am

So if we analyse the relative OTS of each of these teams we will .......................Just kidding

Seacoastdad and I can continue our in-depth stat analysis via PM

The Edge
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  SeacoastDad Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:52 am

The Edge wrote:So if we analyse the relative OTS of each of these teams we will .......................Just kidding

Seacoastdad and I can continue our in-depth stat analysis via PM

No way! We're the two smartest people on this Forum, and I would consider it a disservice not to share it with the Forum community at large. KIDDING!! Laughing Basketball cheers Laughing Basketball cheers Very Happy Basketball cheers

SeacoastDad
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  BoscoD39 Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:18 am

BG @ Londonderry - Chance for an unbeaten to go down.
Pinkerton @ Spaulding - Chance for an unbeaten to go down.
Timberlane @ West - Someone has to win.
North @ Exeter - Exeter gets into the win column.

BoscoD39
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  The Observer Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:03 pm

Bedford @ Alvirne - I havent seen Alvirne yet this season but I was impressed with Bedford against BG. I'm going with Bedford because they can put up some points.

North @ Exeter - I got Exeter. I don't think North poses much danger.

Central @ Keene - Again haven't seen Central yet but I hear very good things, but Keene is a tough team. Keene played BG very tough and they play good defense (do not foul a lot) and they are playing in Keene. I'm picking Keene for the upset.

BG @ Londonderry - Gonna be a very physical game! I'm looking for Lunn to had a bounce back game after and disappointing scoring effort against Keene. BG wins.

Concord @ Memorial - Memorial wins.

Dover @ Merrimack - Merrimack. Dover could upset but they lost one of there seniors last week and that never bodes well.

Trinity @ South - This game in my opinion is going to be the best tonight. I'm going with South because of their defense. If the Prestons play well South has a very good chance.

Pinkerton @ Spaulding - I like Spaulding.

Salem @ Winnacunnet - Winny wins.

The Observer
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  baseballstar134 Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:18 pm

timberlane may catch their first win tonight...probably not though

baseballstar134
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Jan. 8th Games Empty Trinity @ South

Post  tarrier Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:45 pm

I'm covering this game tonight for NHSportspage.com. Look for the video highlights on the website tomorrow morning. It was a tough decision choosing this game over the D2 battle of the unbeatens between Pembroke and Hollis-Brookline...wish I could be in 2 places at once!

tarrier
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Jan. 8th Games Empty Central vs. Keene

Post  nhkickzgod Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:44 pm

Central is overrated.
Keene is underrated.
None of the players were alive the last time Keene beat Central = not going to happen tonight!
Central by 20+!
People complain about going to Keene once a year at most, Keene has at least an hour to travel for half of their games, they should be the ones complaining.

nhkickzgod
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:36 pm

End of 1 Concord 14 Memorial 9

Halftime: This game is tied at 21. Not the best body language from Memorial.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:44 pm

Tong Akat is suspended for this Concord game for receiving 2 technicals last Friday in Dover.

3:50 left in 3rd Concord 30 Memorial 24.

Marquis I$ playing well

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tulliver Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:52 pm

Certain people have said that Tong is a very important part of any Crusader magic.

Tulliver

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:02 pm

Halftime South 30 Trinity 28

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:05 pm

End of 3rd BG 42 Lond 37

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:45 pm

South and Trinity are tied at 54 and are going into overtime

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:50 pm

Memorial beats Concord 58 to 55. Kaleb Marquis rims out a 3 @ buzzer thar could've tied game.

the last 2 minutes of this game was 1 of the most interesting 2 minutes of a high school basketball game I've ever seen. I will post more on this later.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  GreenwaveAlum Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:54 pm

Winless 0-7 Spaulding girls travel to undefeated 6-0 Pinkerton and only lose by 1!? Parity and funky scores in D1 Girls hoops is right. It will surely be interesting to see who the Final 4 are at SNHU.

GreenwaveAlum
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post  goldenbear Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:55 pm

Trinity beat South in OT

goldenbear
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  GreenwaveAlum Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:01 pm

Merrimack beats Dover.

GreenwaveAlum
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:24 pm

BG beats Londonderry.

Londonderry's best player is out the year from what I heard

Soph Colby Ball looked good for Lancers.

Could be a long year for them.

Everytime I watch BG this kid Williams impresses me.

BG struggled first half.
Boykins sat most of 2nd half with foul trouble.

Toscano played well for BG.

Lunn had his usual 25 pts, 19 boards.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:32 am

OK, the last 2 minutes of the Memorial - Concord game:

It took Memorial most of the game to finally build a double digit lead on Concord. With about 2 minutes left in the game Memorial had pushed the lead to around 15. At this point Memorial put in their second 5 players..... Gop, Eddows etc. Now, you have to realize I'm receiving texts and sending texts on other game results. Concord leaves their top players in. I still figure the Crusaders have a lock on this W. I'm not paying attention. All of a sudden I look up and with just under a minute to go Concord hits a bucket to make it 57 - 50 and calls time out. I say to myself Memorial will definitely bring back Zoubel, Omaru, Kabongo etc. The 2nd five comes back on the floor for Memorial.

A member of this 2nd five gets fouled and cans 1 ft to make it 58 - 50. Concord hits a 2 to make it 58 - 52 and calls TO with about 20 something seconds left. I'm thinking Memorial will definitely bring the starting 5 back in. Out comes the 2nd five. Memorial inbounds and precariously handles the ball until it gets stolen and Concord buries a 3 to make it 58 - 55 with 8 seconds left. Time out. I'm done thinking what might happen for Memorial's rotation.

Memorial's second 5 comes out. One of these members is fouled immediately on the inbounds. It's double bonus. The Memorial reserve misses both free throws. Concord rebounds the miss with 6 seconds left and has to go 65 feet to tie the game. Concord calls TO. Memorial's reserves come back out to defend Concord's last possession. Marquis inbounds the ball and proceeds to scurry to the other end of the court and comes around a couple of baseline picks and gets a good look from beyond the arc. He lofts a beautiful 3 attempt as the buzzer sounds. In flight I said to myself, "It's in and we're going OT." The ball rimmed out, Marquis drops to the floor in front of the Concord bench in frustration and Memorial escapes with the 58 to 55 victory.

The Memorial crowd was kind of quiet after the buzzer..... Like a disbelieving surreal quiet. I said to a fan sitting by me, "Heh hypothetical question. If Marquis' 3 goes in and we go with a 4 minute OT, what do you think the Memorial lineup would've been to start the OT?" The fan looked at me and said, "Your guess is as good as mine."

We'll never know. Memorial picked up another technical tonight. Tshief N. received a T for taunting after he blocked a shot to end the 3rd period. I heard Coach Keefe picked up a technical in the South game.

BG girls blew out Londonderry tonight. I heard Coach Fagula was sick and didn't coach the Lady Lancers. Pembroke is now the lone undefeated team in D2 boys with their 61 to 51 victory over H/Brookline. Central girls got their first victory of the season by beating Keene. Coach Wenners treats T & F to a couple of rounds at Billy's to celebrate the W?

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down