@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month


Coaching Carousel Starts to Turn

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Coaching Carousel Starts to Turn

Post  Lancer Mom on Sun May 26, 2013 12:23 pm

Basketball Boy -

How can you say that favoritism gets coaches fired? Favoritism goes back to playing time. Coaches make playing time decisions based upon who they think will get the job done. That is a very subjective decision, certainly not one that biased players and parents should have grounds to go to the superintendent's office to complain about (which is what you imply by this comment).




Lancer Mom
Freshman
Freshman

Posts : 2
Join date : 2013-05-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Coaching Carousel Starts to Turn

Post  bball101 on Sun May 26, 2013 4:28 pm

The situation is done but we all can agree that someone stuck their nose into the coaches business wheather that was a parent or a sau board member, someone complained about the coach not playing their little boy or came up with some bs agrument that the
coach is verbally obusive just to get him fired, it happens all the time and its unfortuate, just another example of parents getting what they want and running the athletic department at a school.

bball101
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Posts : 38
Join date : 2013-03-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Coaching Carousel Starts to Turn

Post  tjd68 on Sun May 26, 2013 9:04 pm

bball101 most wont agree because you're stating opinions that you've heard from others because like I said before playing time and verbal abuse were neither of the issues coming from the parents

tjd68
Freshman
Freshman

Posts : 7
Join date : 2013-05-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Coaching Carousel Starts to Turn

Post  bball101 on Mon May 27, 2013 1:06 am

Then what were the issues, please someone clear this up

bball101
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Posts : 38
Join date : 2013-03-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Coaching Carousel Starts to Turn

Post  BoscoD39 on Mon May 27, 2013 2:13 pm

Salem girls head coaching job being advertised in the Eagle Tribune, May 26th Sunday edition.

BoscoD39
All-State
All-State

Posts : 106
Join date : 2012-12-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Coaching Carousel Starts to Turn

Post  dadncoach on Mon May 27, 2013 5:53 pm

Can we PLEASE start a new thread about Londonderry "As the World Turns" and keep this thread to its intended purpose, that being coaching changes? This heresay is getting silly.

dadncoach
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Posts : 35
Join date : 2011-02-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Coaching Carousel Starts to Turn

Post  EBlessNHSP on Tue May 28, 2013 10:04 am

Agreed...nobody will uncover the truth without somebody disputing it. I say we just end the Londonderry conversation all together.

_________________
NH Sports Forum Administrator
avatar
EBlessNHSP
Admin

Posts : 1705
Join date : 2009-01-21
Age : 37
Location : Fremont, NH

http://nhsportspage.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Re: Coaching Carousel Starts to Turn

Post  newtothismom on Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:48 am

rumors were true BG girls Varsity coach opening posted

newtothismom
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Posts : 22
Join date : 2012-09-24

Back to top Go down

Let Londonderry Rest

Post  Tulliver on Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:44 pm

Okay, I think almost all of the moderators have made it clear posting on Londonderry needs to stop.
Until or unless it's something like the name of the new coach.

The forum does NOT condone posting rumors about students.

Tulliver
Moderator

Posts : 531
Join date : 2009-04-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Coaching Carousel Starts to Turn

Post  BasketballJones on Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:23 am

Something smells rotten in Londonderry and the story will slowly begin to unfold in the coming days and weeks. A lot of information regarding the person in the SAU in this thread is absolutely TRUE. He not only had a hand in having the coach removed, he was indirectly responsible for having the future selection chosen. There were individuals on the hiring committee with close working relationships to the person in the SAU that made sure his plan was carried out. There were highly qualified candidates that were simply overlooked so that his personal choice would be selected. I know that politics play a role in these types of situations in all districts, however the tampering that went on down there is just plain disgusting.

BasketballJones
Freshman
Freshman

Posts : 4
Join date : 2013-07-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Coaching Carousel Starts to Turn

Post  1moreknowitall on Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:57 pm

Someone was hired at Londonderry, then? I haven't read about that. Do we know who was hired?

1moreknowitall
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Posts : 25
Join date : 2013-02-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Coaching Carousel Starts to Turn

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:54 pm

I will give The Edge the honor of answering your question. Wink 

Tuesday and Friday
Moderator

Posts : 3866
Join date : 2009-10-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Coaching Carousel Starts to Turn

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:55 pm

It was reported in the UL yesterday that Jeremy Faulkner, formerly of Souhegan, was hired as the new BG girl's coach replacing Scott Hazelton.

Tuesday and Friday
Moderator

Posts : 3866
Join date : 2009-10-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Coaching Carousel Starts to Turn

Post  dj5hoop on Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:23 am

Nobody should be surprised about the crooked world we live in. It just gets worse and worse. This practice occurs in every facet of our lives. Entrusted individuals continue to abuse their power. I am also amazed when these hiring committees fail to hire the most qualified candidate. Not hiring the right person will set this program back 10 years. If you look at the bottom feeders in high school basketball they are generally associated with poor hiring practices. It will be interesting to see how many people flee the Londonderry program because of this.

dj5hoop
Varsity
Varsity

Posts : 54
Join date : 2013-01-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Coaching Carousel Starts to Turn

Post  The Edge on Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:36 am

Tuesday and Friday wrote:I will give The Edge the honor of  answering your question.   Wink 

The Edge (did I just type in the 3rd person?) has decided that further commenting on the Londonderry coach situation is fruitless. I will say that, from what I know, a recommendation was made and was reviewed by the school board on Tuesday night. What the status of the review was and any official announcement as to a hiring I will leave to the Administration.
Whoever they pick is adopting a team with very good potential. They have gone 10-1 between the Andover Hoops for Hope and Memorial Summer leagues. For the 1st time in my memory Londonderry will have a team of kids who are basketball players not just kids who play basketball. There is a huge difference. If the new coach can get them to play team basketball they could be successful. It's pretty sad that the major impediment to that will be the parents more than the players.

The Edge
All-State
All-State

Posts : 167
Join date : 2012-02-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Coaching Carousel Starts to Turn

Post  1moreknowitall on Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:09 pm

dj5hoop wrote:Nobody should be surprised about the crooked world we live in. It just gets worse and worse. This practice occurs in every facet of our lives. Entrusted individuals continue to abuse their power. I am also amazed when these hiring committees fail to hire the most qualified candidate. Not hiring the right person will set this program back 10 years. If you look at the bottom feeders in high school basketball they are generally associated with poor hiring practices. It will be interesting to see how many people flee the Londonderry program because of this.


I might agree with you if it were college basketball and you can recruit your players. Hard for bottom feeder programs to make chicken salad out of chicken bleep. How quickly we forget the biggest challenge of a high school coach is to promote education and responsibility with basketball being the vehicle to do so. I guess if you're BG or Trinity you can recruit, but we all know the only reason kids attend those schools is for strictly academics Laughing 

1moreknowitall
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Posts : 25
Join date : 2013-02-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Coaching Carousel Starts to Turn

Post  dj5hoop on Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:01 pm

Think what you want about BG and Trinity. They are two good programs and both coaches are excellent teachers of the game. I know for a fact they care deeply about education and character on and off the floor. Building a basketball program is not rocket science. It starts at the lowest levels. Conant is a perfect example of what can be done with good coaching. The program sustains itself because it is done right. Pinkerton should win every year because they are the biggest school in the state right? The truth is it doesn't work that way. A good coach changes the culture no matter what the talent level is in high school. It may take a little time but when someone knows what they are doing you will see positive changes.

dj5hoop
Varsity
Varsity

Posts : 54
Join date : 2013-01-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Coaching Carousel Starts to Turn

Post  1moreknowitall on Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:27 pm

dj5hoop wrote:Think what you want about BG and Trinity. They are two good programs and both coaches are excellent teachers of the game. I know for a fact they care deeply about education and character on and off the floor. Building a basketball program is not rocket science. It starts at the lowest levels. Conant is a perfect example of what can be done with good coaching. The program sustains itself because it  is  done right. Pinkerton should win every year because they are the biggest school in the state right? The truth is it doesn't work that way. A good coach changes the culture no matter what the talent level is in high school. It may take a little time but when someone knows what they are doing you will see positive changes.

I don't disagree with you at all dj....my point was I think it's slightly unfair to judge high school coaches of any sport based solely on victories since they cannot bring in their own players. Many kids grow up in a district only to then transfer when at the high school level. I'd argue Coach Goodridge is one of the best coaches in the area, but he loses players to BG. When he loses Gendron after this year the cupboard might be on the bare side....will that mean he's no longer a good coach? McLaughlin is 2-time coach of the year, he loses kids to Central Catholic and the Windham effect will start to show at Salem in the not too distant future. So if Salem begins to struggle does that mean he's not a good coach who creates a positive culture?
Again, my bigger point is....what is a culture change? Wins, wins, and more wins means there is a positive culture? I don't think that's always the case.

1moreknowitall
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Posts : 25
Join date : 2013-02-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Coaching Carousel Starts to Turn

Post  dj5hoop on Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:21 pm

I'm on board with your train of thought 1more. Creating a positive culture isn't necessarily about compiling a lot of wins and championships. It's about bringing a feeling of hope that things will be done right and improvement is imminent.

dj5hoop
Varsity
Varsity

Posts : 54
Join date : 2013-01-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Coaching Carousel Starts to Turn

Post  The Edge on Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:07 am

The Edge wrote:
Tuesday and Friday wrote:I will give The Edge the honor of  answering your question.   Wink 

The Edge (did I just type in the 3rd person?) has decided that further commenting on the Londonderry coach situation is fruitless.  I will say that, from what I know, a recommendation was made and was reviewed by the school board on Tuesday night. What the status of the review was and any official announcement as to a hiring I will leave to the Administration.
Whoever they pick is adopting a team with very good potential. They have gone 10-1 between the Andover Hoops for Hope and Memorial Summer leagues. For the 1st time in my memory Londonderry will have a team of kids who are basketball players not just kids who play basketball. There is a huge difference. If the new coach can get them to play team basketball they could be successful. It's pretty sad that the major impediment to that will be the parents more than the players.

Lawrence Eagle Tribune let the cat out o the bag on the new Londonderry Coach:
http://www.eagletribune.com/sports/x1996079105/Lawrence-wins-battle-of-Lancers



Last edited by The Edge on Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:22 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Online article corrected)

The Edge
All-State
All-State

Posts : 167
Join date : 2012-02-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Coaching Carousel Starts to Turn

Post  JAF on Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:51 am

If parents are unhappy with the Londonderry situation, then go ahead investigate your options... Trinity, BG, Central Catholic... Bishop Brady, St Thomas, Phillips Exeter/Andover, etc. Just remember you have to take a test to get in and then find the money to pay. No guarantees to make the team, no guarantees on play time, academics are challenging, homework load is heavy, but you get a great education and whether or not your child continues to play into college - they'll have some valuable life's lessons in how to handle situations... Say nothing of the "crap" you'll hear about being "recruited" to play HS ball (really? - cannot believe folks want to go down that path) or the way your former friends treat you now that you're "the enemy". Rolling Eyes 

JAF
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Posts : 730
Join date : 2011-01-08

Back to top Go down

LHS Coach

Post  littlegreen on Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:37 pm

is it now ok to comment on the Londonderry coaching situation.

littlegreen
Freshman
Freshman

Posts : 11
Join date : 2012-08-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Coaching Carousel Starts to Turn

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum