New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

Dave Haley was right. I was wrong.

5 posters

Go down

Dave Haley was right. I was wrong. Empty Dave Haley was right. I was wrong.

Post  GNG Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:26 am

It kills me to write it, but he was right.

He kept saying wait until BG plays some top tier teams before saying they are top 4 material.

I never thought they would lose both games this week. No I figured a split.
MY top 4 this week.

Trinity is my number 1 right now. They are clicking like nobodies business. State tourny starts today I am picking them.

Central 2. Memorial missing 2 key players and they barely squeak it out. I know a win is a win. I just don't think they have the height or depth down low.

Spaulding 3. They have holes but they also have THE DOMINATOR. Great nickname Justin.

Merrimack 4. They also have holes, but Gendron can make you forget what they don't have.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Dave Haley was right. I was wrong. Empty This thing could turn on a dime.

Post  GNG Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:55 am

North beating South. I was just complaining last week no major upsets. Then KAPOW.

Memorial has 1 starter out due to bad grades, and another key player due to code of conduct. What happens when a baseball loses it's cover? IT UNRAVELS..

Merrimack has been on FIRE recently, but next up for them is Trinity. Watch out Trinity you know what happens when you play with fire. YOU GET BURNED.

BG gets to regroup,refocus, and reenergize with no game until next friday. Then they get to play South. I have a feeling BOYKINS will be back for that game. He is a differencemaker for Guertin when he is out on the floor.

Central gets to travel to Spaulding. Many a squad have come home from Rochester with an L in their back pocket.

THIS THING IS FINALLY HEATING UP AND SO AM I.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Dave Haley was right. I was wrong. Empty Re: Dave Haley was right. I was wrong.

Post  dj5hoop Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:59 am

Fantastic game at Memorial last night. It wasn't a pretty game but everyone enjoys a good slugfest once in awhile. Central had their worst shooting night of the year and they were without Mike Plentzas yet they still got it done. Trinity is absolutely on fire but are they peaking too soon? Central may drop a game or two and they are smaller then most teams but size is so overrated in basketball these days, especially in NH. The Little Green may be little but they personify the meaning of team and when you combine their mental toughness and passion for the game they will be the last team standing I predict. I think Central matches up very well with Trinity. Trinity has a size advantage but Central has better guard play. The season is just starting to get interesting and in truth they are all practice games for the tournament. Being healthy and peaking in March is what it's all about.

dj5hoop
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Dave Haley was right. I was wrong. Empty dj5hoop

Post  GNG Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:43 am

Your right. I am writing that ALOT lately. Very Happy

It's all about who is hot, healthy, and not suspended at tourny time.

I am a big advocate of 12 teams making the playoffs instead of 16. Makes the regular season worth a little more meaningful.

Welcome to the forum. Your Central insights are great. Smile

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  CasualFan Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:47 am

Sources in Nashua said the North-South game was a good one. Got texts throughout the game with updates. Who knew. Too bad even the highlights on WMUR would get it wrong.

BG lost a tough one to Merry...Lunn had 22pts/18rebs and Niarhos had 2 fouls in the first 30secs & Williams also had 2 fouls in 1st quarter. BG loses two this week but GNG don't lose the faith, this team is young but may surprise down the stretch once Boykins & Lunn are back on the court together. Still can't believe GNG of all people is throwing in the towel Shocked

Central & Trinity look great right now. The question is what game to get to next Tuesday - Central/Spaulding or Trinity/Merry. I am thinking it may be worth the drive to Spaulding

As far as Memorial, nothing worse than academic issues taking down a team.

CasualFan
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoopfan4 Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:48 am

Not so sure I agree that Central has better guard play. Otis and Rhoades have been outstanding in the backcourt for Trinity this season. Also have to include Pat Keefe in the guard play discussion as well as he is also an excellent ball handler although doesn't play that role when the starting unit is on the floor together. As I noted in an earlier post, Trinity appears to be the most complete team in D1 and I would stack their guard play up against just about anybody. When combined with the size and skill of the bigs, a very tough team for anybody to match up with when they are rolling as they are right now.

Hoopfan4
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:03 am

Hoopfan4, I couldn't agree with you more. Trinity's guard play has been very good lately and quite frankly better than Central's. Otis and Rhoades might not put up great stat lines night in and night out, but within the Pioneer team concept, they get the job done by taking care of the ball, playing good defense and hitting a big shot when needed.

I saw Trinity in the QCIBT and their backcourt didn't look impressive. They weren't cohesive and looked lost. Well, that ship has been put in the right direction and Gabriel, Keefe and Carmen Jr are the beneficiaries.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  dj5hoop Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:57 pm

Just to be clear I was by no means putting down the Trinity guards as I think they too have excellent guard play. My opinion probably wouldn't be considered an objective one, however, I do believe Central will have the advantage when they go head to head. The thing about Central is they have become a team who does what it needs to do to win. They have many contributing parts which enables them to adapt and adjust to anything thrown at them. The thing I like the most about Trinity and Central is the players are all really good kids.

dj5hoop
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Dave Haley was right. I was wrong. Empty Casual fan not throwing in the towel.

Post  GNG Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:55 pm

I try to be objective. They are not top four right now.

The standings bear me out.

Doesn't mean they won't be come tourny time, but as of today they are not. No

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down