New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

Jan 11th Games

+6
GNG
GreenwaveAlum
mmartineaunhti2015
The Edge
Tulliver
Tuesday and Friday
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Jan 11th Games - Page 2 Empty Re: Jan 11th Games

Post  goldenbear Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:17 am

Was not sure if it was a AD decision I know Manchester shares one and then coordinators at each school.

goldenbear
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Tulliver Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:37 am

I am all but certain this is a coach decision for the team.

I respect his decision - but am tired of reading about team drama in the newspaper over the Crusaders. They're a very talented group and I think the focus should be on playing, developing and preparing for their opponents. IMO.

But, if the coach receives the T - he faces the possibility of undoing any good with the new policy - if he doesn't sit out. You have to model the behavior, you're trying to teach.

Tulliver

Back to top Go down

Jan 11th Games - Page 2 Empty i knew i would hear about my leaving

Post  coachintheblood Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:48 am

[quote="GNG"] Well played coachintheblood.

I was exhausted. Sleep [/quote]
Actually GNG i didnt see you there i was referring to the five people i was sitting with, I f I had seen you i would have stopped to talk with you. Very Happy

coachintheblood
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:25 am

"But, if the coach receives the T - he faces the possibility of undoing any good with the new policy - if he doesn't sit out. You have to model the behavior, you're trying to teach.."
Tulliver

Totally agree Tulliver. The Memorial coach has really put the pressure on his players to behave on the court and...... on himself to behave in the coaches box. He has set the precedent for the season with benching Tshief N. for the 4th quarter in the Concord game and the whole BG game with his new policy. If the Memorial coach receives a T and continues coaching for the rest of that game and coaches the next game, the foundation he tried to build with the new Technical disciplinary policy will quickly crack.

So, given this I'm presuming the Memorial coach will now be wearing an altar boy outfit in the 14 or something similar Wink

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Jan 11th Games - Page 2 Empty Coach getting a T

Post  Newman Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:29 pm

I believe Red Auebach said basketball was a monarchy, not a democracy. So if the T rule says a player shall remain on the bench for the duration of the game involved and the next, that's the rule. Coach can follow that also. He makes up the rules and sitting on the bench is sitting on the bench. King's rule.

Newman
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2