New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

Jan 11th Games

+6
GNG
GreenwaveAlum
mmartineaunhti2015
The Edge
Tulliver
Tuesday and Friday
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Jan 11th Games Empty Jan 11th Games

Post  Tuesday and Friday Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:45 pm

Before I list the good games for Jan. 11th I must say when a Forum member says they 'have no horse in the race", then 9 times out of 10, they "HAVE a horse in the race." Just Saying !!!

Memorial at BG - Memorial has definitely become the team to watch in more ways than one. Body Language, us against them, bias and technicals. Here's a novel thought. Zip the lips, play some basketball with heart and determination and stop making excuses. It's 2013. Excuse City is not a popular place to live. It'll be interesting to see what the BG student body has to offer Friday night.

Exeter at Pinkerton - An important game for seedings later on down the road.

Bedford at Winny - This game is more important for Bedford. If they lose they start falling behind in the seedings race. if Winny wins they have a nice leg up on a good seed.

Spaulding at Trinity - Battle of the Unbeatens. should be a great atmosphere anchored by the Call of Justin. The Red Raiders are road warriors. Carmen G is starting to gain his basketball muscles and lose his football muscles (See, I told ya). Paradis vs Gabriel. The McHugh Gym will be flowing with Red on both sides.

Girls:

Central at Londonderry - Central has a little Mo and Londonderry must recover from the Cardinal thrashing. Could be an interesting one.

Pinkerton at Exeter - This is a game the Lady Astros need if they want a Top 4 seed.

North at Dover - A gritty, hard knock and physical affair.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Jan 11th Games Empty Re: Jan 11th Games

Post  Tulliver Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:47 pm

What about your Lancers and the Little Green?

Tulliver

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:10 pm

Thanks for the memo, Tully.

I expect the Lancers to give it a good fight for 2 to 3 quarters before bowing to the Little Green. The Lancers have it tough with losing Coveny for the rest of the season. Points will just be too tough to come by for the Lancers.

Pardon the pun, but I'm so happy to say this is one of those 1 out of 10 situations, where I don't have a horse in the Lancer race !!! Laughing Laughing

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  The Edge Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:12 am

Tuesday and Friday wrote:Thanks for the memo, Tully.

I expect the Lancers to give it a good fight for 2 to 3 quarters before bowing to the Little Green. The Lancers have it tough with losing Coveny for the rest of the season. Points will just be too tough to come by for the Lancers.

Pardon the pun, but I'm so happy to say this is one of those 1 out of 10 situations, where I don't have a horse in the Lancer race !!! Laughing Laughing

Losing Coveney is a devasting blow to the Lancers. No doubt. But Coach Gustavason will not let this team roll over and play dead much like he would not let them at 1-12 last season. They still have enough offense firepower to compete in Ball, Coleman, Corey ,and Enwright. If they take better care of the basketball and play team basketball on both ends of the court they will beat the lower teams, split the middle teams, and surprise a top tier team or two. The lost of Coveney will be felt bigger on the defense end of the court than offense.

The Edge
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  mmartineaunhti2015 Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:50 am

Central beats Londonderry very easily.

mmartineaunhti2015
All-State
All-State

https://www.youtube.com/user/MichaelMartineaumchs

Back to top Go down

Post  GreenwaveAlum Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:54 pm

I'll be in Dover for the girls game against North. Looks like a tough game for Dover but then again they did upset BG at home earlier this year...

If your on Twitter, the Dover student body usually does a pretty good job with updates throughout games. I'm sure they will be doing the same tonight. If your looking for instant updates check them out @Tsunami_DHS.

GreenwaveAlum
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post  GreenwaveAlum Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:50 pm

Dover girls having trouble with North's athleticism as they trail the Titans 27-22 at halftime.

Dover boys trail North 22-21 at the half.

GreenwaveAlum
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:42 pm

BG is in overtime.

Boykins hurt shoulder 1st half. I left at half when BG was down 12.

I worked 13 hours today I was beat, and I figured so was BG.

Maybe I was wrong.

Memorial looked real good 1st half. Heard they missed alot of free throws in 2nd half.

Lunn had ALOT of shots roll out.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:50 pm

BG loses in ot in a close one.

64-61.

going to bed.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  GreenwaveAlum Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:25 pm

Dover boys with a double-digit win over North

GreenwaveAlum
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:15 am

Seems like a frantic ending at Winny with Bedford hitting a 3 at the buzzer to win it 55 - 53. HUGE win for Bedford.

I heard Memorial was on their best behavior at BG. I guess playing at a Catholic school will do that to you.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:47 am

The Boykin injury is not good news if you are a BG fan. No Not good at all. No

The Crusaders were nothing like the team I have been recently reading about. This team can HOOP it up with the best of them. Basketball

Tong had 26. Not all scored on Lunn. Lunn was double teaming in the corner alot. Backside help wasn't getting to Tong quickly enough. {in the first half anyway}.

This team will get to Durham.

In my book that means 3 out of the 4 going to the dance will be from Manch providing they don't have to play each other before they get there. I can't picture those three not finishing the season in the top 4.

LONG WAY TO GO. I know, but that other top seed is going to be the seed that is up for grabs. It keeps you from having to play those teams in the Queen city.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:03 am

T@F'S preseason top 5 - Central, Spaulding, Trinity, South, Alvirne.

Not bad, but Alvirne hasn't been helping your case.

GNG'S preseason top 5.- Central, Trinity, Memorial, Spaulding, South.

Wouldn't shock me if this is how it shakes out by the end of the season. Cool

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Jan 11th Games Empty Quirk's way or the highway.

Post  GNG Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:29 am

Smilin Jack pirat has a new policy. Get a technical and you sit for a game. Shocked

That should curtail the technicals being called on my alma mater.

I wonder if the Memorial AD made him install this new rule. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:53 am

If this is the case then it's a definite needed discipline policy for this team.

You could paraphrase This Old House (Bob Vila) and say.......("Measure Twice - Cut Once")

.......This Old Crusader says, "Think Twice - Talk Once"

or maybe not talk at all silent silent

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:07 am

"Smilin Jack has a new policy. Get a technical and you sit for a game."
GNG

Please clarify GNG. Is it sitting for the rest of the game a player gets a technical in?

Or

Sitting for the rest of the game a player gets a technical in AND the next game?

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Jan 11th Games Empty Don't know

Post  GNG Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:25 am

read it in Fennel's article in the ul today.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Jan 11th Games Empty Great game at BG

Post  coachintheblood Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:56 am

[quote="GNG"] The Boykin injury is not good news if you are a BG fan. No Not good at all. No

The Crusaders were nothing like the team I have been recently reading about. This team can HOOP it up with the best of them. Basketball

Tong had 26. Not all scored on Lunn. Lunn was double teaming in the corner alot. Backside help wasn't getting to Tong quickly enough. {in the first half anyway}.

This team will get to Durham.

In my book that means 3 out of the 4 going to the dance will be from Manch providing they don't have to play each other before they get there. I can't picture those three not finishing the season in the top 4.

LONG WAY TO GO. I know, but that other top seed is going to be the seed that is up for grabs. It keeps you from having to play those teams in the Queen city.
[/quote]

what a great game at bg last night so glad i didnt leave at half, i was impressed with how both teams battled.

coachintheblood
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Jan 11th Games Empty I knew I would hear about my leaving.

Post  GNG Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:35 am

Well played coachintheblood.

I was exhausted. Sleep

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  CasualFan Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:37 pm

BG gym had an electric atmosphere. Observations from game:
-Lunn and Tong, lots to be said about these two.
-Memorial 25+ foul shots to BGs 8 in the whole game…. a bit lopsided?
-Lunn with 16pts/16rbs battling through some shots rimming out.
-Tong shot getting the roll with 26 pts /12rbs
-Toscano and Freshman Zimmerman did a good job after Boykin went out with injury. I am sure they're
hoping for the best but have to plan for the worst.
- I know we hate to mention ref calls but this one was big. Fouled out Lunn (#34) when foul was on
clearly on Williams (#24)…….?? The big man wasn't even in the play. Crowd went nuts!
- With regards to benching player by Memorial coach, sometimes lessons are learned the hard way.

Nashua North stuck with Dover for a few quarters but couldn't keep up for remaining. North girls successful against Dover & great game from many players but a big shout out to Sara Cordova (freshman) with 16 points.

Trinity v Spauling updates throughout game were great…. can go to one and experience one through social media.

CasualFan
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  GreenwaveAlum Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:25 pm

CasualFan wrote:...North girls successful against Dover & great game from many players but a big shout out to Sara Cordova (freshman) with 16 points.

North girls team will be at SNHU at the end of the year. One of the most athletic girls teams I have seen in a while, great contributions from their bench as well. Their full court press was outstanding and left Dover very confused for a good chunk of the game.

GreenwaveAlum
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post  Tulliver Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:26 pm

If Coach Quirk draws the T - will he sit himself out the next game?

Tulliver

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:44 pm

Funny that you bring that up, Tulliver. Very Happy

2 associates of mine brought up this exact same point to me today. So, if a Memorial player picks up a T in the first minute of a game, they sit out the next 31 minutes of that game and the next game.

What if Coach Quirk picks up a T in the first minute of a game? Does Asst Coach Telge take over the Crusaders for the next 31 minutes and the next game? Doesn't it seem Coach Quirk has painted himself into an authoritative corner, especially given he received 1 of the 4 technicals Memorial received a week ago in Dover? scratch scratch scratch

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  goldenbear Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:26 pm

Nashua had the same policy two years ago when North was getting all the T's but the AD to clean up North made it for all Nashua teams. In South last game Christ Thistle got a ( a starter) he missed the Central playoff game South lost by 6. It was South only t all year. So does anyone know if this is in place for all Manchester teams or just Memorial Boys.

goldenbear
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:00 am

It looks like this is Quirk's decision for his team and not a city of Manchester policy. In today's UL article it clearly points this out. This is the way it should be. Why should Central and West be subject to the same technical disciplinary action as Memorial.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next