New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

Dec. 11th Games

4 posters

Go down

Dec. 11th Games Empty Dec. 11th Games

Post  Tuesday and Friday Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:33 pm

Final Trinity 34 Central 22

The halftime score was Trinity 14 Central 10. Trinity is young, but gritty. 6'3 senior Jillian Gillman gives the Pioneers some paint presence. Trinity's underclassmen play a lot. 1st year Coach Courschene has them playing hard. Trinity will be better as the season goes along.

Central definitely misses Katherine Johnson. The Little Green has a big hole in the paint without her. She will be back in January hopefully. If Central can retain Miss Johnson's basketball services and if they can be more cohesive offensively, the Little Green will be better.

Both these teams are playing for this year, but definitely have an eye towards next season when all these underclassmen will be more seasoned.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Dec. 11th Games Empty Re: Dec. 11th Games

Post  Tuesday and Friday Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:00 am

Wow, Bedford beat Londonderry 55 - 46. Welcome to D1 Bedford girl's basketball !!!

Absolutely HUGE win for Bedford. It makes this Friday's 5:30 pm BG at Bedford game that more enticing.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:06 am

I guess BG is ready to defend their title. Final BG 91 Salem 36.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:14 am

I guess I have to get on my soap box early this season and say to the NHIAA you have to do something about West High girl's basketball.

Final Con Val 49 West 4

If ever there is a case for the NHIAA to rescind the "1 level above or below" rule for a sport this is a prime example. West boys will always compete in D1 for basketball, which means given the NHIAA rule, the West girl's basketball team can only compete no lower than D2. Send in the waiver NHIAA !!! Put West girl's basketball team in D4 or else you will be faced with an apathetic program or no program at all.

Con Val 49 West 4

Put the West girls in D4 please !!!!!

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Dec. 11th Games Empty West girls

Post  nhkickzgod Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:47 am

Maybe they should drop the program and start an intramural program to get more girls involved?

nhkickzgod
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  JAF Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:49 am

Well better than the 107-2 score from ESPN.COM

http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/8738942/107-2-bloomington-south-girls-basketball-team-beats-arlington

I agree though - let them play further down.

JAF
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Dec. 11th Games Empty Playing Down

Post  rwvogeley Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:33 am

Great points belong made for West to play down at least 2 classes. waiting for the NHIAA to make any proper decision, I would not hold my breath. It has been about ten years since the shot clock came into high school hoops in Mass but we still haven't gotten with the times.
Wasn't it Trinity that dropped to an independent schedule several years ago and it enabled them to get back into the mixfor for football???

rwvogeley
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down