New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

Dec. 14th Games

+9
goldenbear
JustinMcIsaac
rwvogeley
tarrier
Basketball boy
mmartineaunhti2015
GNG
HaleyNHsports
Tuesday and Friday
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Dec. 14th Games Empty Dec. 14th Games

Post  Tuesday and Friday Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:56 pm

There are some great games to kick off the first full night of HS hoops in NH. You can't go wrong no matter what section of the state you are in.

There is a huge Girls/Boys doubleheader at Bedford on Friday. At 5:30 BG plays Bedford. Defending state champ BG welcomes the Bulldogs to D1. At 7:00 pm The BG boys play Bedford. Wow, Migs and Fitzy matching up. Bedford boy's first game in D1. BG with the jury still out whether they will be a top 6 team this season or float between 7th to 10th.

Boys Games:

Memorial at Londonderry. Coach Quirk returns to boy's basketball and with a team that on paper should be a top 5 team. Londonderry.... Oh my Lancers..... Hearing good things early season about Londonderry. This will be a good barometer game for the Lancers and a good barometer game to see if Coach Quirk can mesh with this talented Crusader squad.

Central at Alvirine. This is a good matchup. The Broncos will be tough this season. Central carries the burden of being a pre season #1, but with a lot of chinks in their Little Green armor.

Pinkerton at Winny. Jeremy is pushing Winny to be a top team this season. My jury is still out on the Warriors until I see some game results. I think Pinkerton will be dropping a few rungs on the ladder from their #5 seed last season.

Salem at Merrimack. I never discount Salem and their coaching staff. I'm expecting Salem to be a top 5 team again this season. Merrimack will be better than some people think. This is a great early season matchup.

Pelham at Pembroke. A nice D2 matchup. Will Pembroke get some consistent paint scoring this season to take the pressure off if the outside shots of Welch and Persons aren't falling? The Spartans have it all laid out in front of them. A lot is expected of Coach Alosa's squad. They played very hungry in fall ball.

Girls' games:

Winny at Pinky: A huge game to determine a possible top 4 seed. Winny is a rung down from last season. Pinky is status quo.

Londonderry at Memorial: A game to determine where Memorial will stand this year after graduating Elozovic. Can Hartford, Fletcher and Grissom score enough to keep pace with one of the top teams of D1?

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Dec. 14th Games Empty Re: Dec. 14th Games

Post  HaleyNHsports Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:26 pm

My preview is on the site today, I'm heading to Pinkerton @ Winnacunnet Friday night and Pete and Jon Kesty will be covering & doing video for Central/Alvirne so those are our two games of the week.

I'm waiting for my message from GNG telling me I'm under estimating BG this year....

HaleyNHsports
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Dec. 14th Games Empty Laying in the weeds Dave, laying in the weeds.

Post  GNG Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:10 pm

BG and Merrimack will both be top 8 by the end of the season. Very Happy

Maybe top 6. It will be fun to watch Lunn. He could be the one, to lead them on a post season run.Boykins much improved. Remember the name Zimmerman.

D1 might be as talent challenged for as far back as I can remember. Crying or Very sad

GNG TOP 5
CENTRAL
TRINITY
MEMORIAL
SPAULDING
SOUTH

I will be at the Bg- Bedford games. Post game at the Jade. santa santa

Last edited by GNG on Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Dec. 14th Games Empty Good previews Dave.

Post  GNG Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:14 pm

I look forward to your preview every season. Excellant as usual.

You heard it hear first.

West will not make the playoffs. No

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  mmartineaunhti2015 Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:11 pm

Cannot wait to play on Friday vs alvirne!

Last edited by mmartineauchs2013 on Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

mmartineaunhti2015
All-State
All-State

https://www.youtube.com/user/MichaelMartineaumchs

Back to top Go down

Post  Basketball boy Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:39 pm

I will be at the lancers crusaders game giving input after the game... Can't wait!!!!! Shocked

Basketball boy
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Dec. 14th Games Empty BG underrated

Post  tarrier Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:21 pm

I agree with GNG for a change. I think BG will be better than most people think. If Lunn can stay out of foul trouble he will be tough to handle inside. Boykin is really fun to watch as well...but he's foul prone too. Can't wait to get to Hudson on Friday night for the Alvirne/Central game!

tarrier
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Dec. 14th Games Empty GNG

Post  rwvogeley Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:40 am

You being at the Jade after the game,, that is something different from last year....
You are correct about D 1 being talent challenged. Any player with true talent is away at prep school. I think BG can be a sleeper this year. Lunn can be oneof the toughest match ups if he can get the ball on the blocks. Toscno is better than people give him credit and Boykins reminds me of Mugsy Bouges...quick on quick.
They need more talent than these three players and need to run an offense with down screens for baseline opportunities.Running a flex with Lunn ending up at the high post will notaccomplish anything. Like I said they could be a sleeper along with maybe a Salem.

rwvogeley
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  JustinMcIsaac Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:17 am

I'll be at Dover vs Exeter, don't forget to listen on your TuneIn Radio App while you're at the other games guys Cool

JustinMcIsaac
All-State
All-State

http://wtsnam1270.com

Back to top Go down

Post  HaleyNHsports Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:47 am

I spoke to Jim Migneault and he likes this group. They are just really young..Top 8 would be a great coaching job. I do believe in both Lunn & Boykins ( I put them both on the watch list for All-state) but it's what is around them (and kids like Zimmerman developing ) that we need to watch.

Lot's of Memorial chatter amongst coaches...West as well.....you need to see where both those teams are in late Feb.

Honestly the parity 1 thru 14 is what stands out the most...teams like Dover and Londonderry could climb into the top 10 and it wouldn't shock me at all.

HaleyNHsports
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:21 pm

I agree with you 100%.

Nothing would surprise or shock me this season.

It's as wide open as it's has been in quite some time. Should make for a great season with alot of close games.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  HaleyNHsports Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:34 pm

My five second observations from all four divisons after having conversations with 37 coaches;

D4: Very good top 6 and then it drops waaayyy down. Top 6 teams are all very good though as evidenced by the Epping/Newmarket game last night.
D3: Conant is #1, then take 2 thru 8, toss them in the air and see where they land because they could fall in any order.
D2: There is 1, 1a, 3...and then the same thing...toss 4 through 12 in the air and they could land anywhere. Oyster River could finish 5th or 14th.
D1: Took me five minutes to pick Trinity at 2...it's wide open.

HaleyNHsports
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Dec. 14th Games Empty Predictions

Post  Basketball boy Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:52 pm

What are your predictions on tomorrow nights games

Basketball boy
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Dec. 14th Games Empty Predictions for boy's division 1 games on December 14

Post  mmartineaunhti2015 Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:03 am

I predict Manchester Central beating Alvirne, Trinity beating Concord, Dover beating Exeter, Nashua South beating Keene, Manchester Memorial beating Londonderry, Manchester West beating Nashua North, Salem beating Merrimack, Bishop Guertin beating Bedford, Spaulding beating Timberlane Regional, and Winnacunnet beating Pinkerton Academy. - Michael "M-Mart" Martineau #14, senior mgr. for the Manchester Central High School Little Green Boy's Varsity Basketball team.

mmartineaunhti2015
All-State
All-State

https://www.youtube.com/user/MichaelMartineaumchs

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:56 pm

OK results fast and furious:

Pinkerton girls make major statement and defeat Winny 67 to 38. Fortier with 15, Martin with 14 and Breslin with 10 lead the Lady Astros in their impressive win.

BG girls beat Bedford 51 to 42.

Pinkerton boys were up by 1 with 1:30 to go and then went scoreless for the rest of the game as winny wins by 8.

Central boys beat Alvirne by 16, but the game was much closer. Alvirne was up 30 to 23 at halftime.

Seems like BG is pulling away from Bedford by 15 with about 2 minutes to go. Migs received a Technical. The Bedford gym was packed and there was a "Durham like" atmosphere.

North boys beat West by 2.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:07 pm

Trinity was up by nearly 30 late in the game with Concord. I heard the 2 new transfers for Trinity played well. I also heard Gabriel didn't exactly get a great start to his POY Road.

Memorial beat Londonderry..... boy's game.

Londonderry beat Memorial 55 - 40 ...... girl's game

Last edited by Tuesday and Friday on Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  goldenbear Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:10 pm

North West game was great, North was up by about 8 the half pulled away end of third start of 4th up by 16, West made a great rally and cut it to two North made the ft down the stretch big win for a young team.

goldenbear
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:12 pm

G-Bear, do you see either North or West cracking the Top 8 or Top 10 this coming season?

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:15 pm

Big win for Merrimack boys as they beat Salem 57 to 48.

Who says no offense in D1 boys? Final BG 89 Bedford 74

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  goldenbear Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:18 pm

No, not North too young and inexperienced but will be a tough match up all year. It was tough to get a read on West, they seemed young but I did not have a roster, but when they played D in the 4th quarter it was fun to watch, their sophomore PG was playing great D and they have a shooter number 34 who hit some big shots

goldenbear
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:25 pm

Sounds about right G-Bear. I saw West in a scrimmage 2 weeks ago and it seemed they had a competitive starting 5, but no bench. Not having Bureau this season will hurt them a lot. That West shooter you were talking about is probably Nolan Flynn. He's one of the best shooters in the state.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  goldenbear Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:27 pm

FLynn I though might be him but he seems to have gotten bigger

Would number 5 Sophomore pG

goldenbear
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:31 pm

My God, GNG is trying to post information about the BG boys victory over Bedford, but if he would stop calling me, maybe he could actually inform Forum members about the game.... Basketball

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:35 pm

Pinkerton Girls 67 Winny 38

Winny - 4 13 11 10 - 38

Pinky - 14 22 12 19 - 67

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Dec. 14th Games Empty Central @ Alvirne

Post  TheDeafPanther07 Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:38 pm

I was at the Central/Alvirne game and the game was a lot closer then the score predicted. Alvirne was able to run in the 1st half, got quite a lot of Fast Break points and quick scores off of the dribble. Central was impatient in the 1st half and took tons of quick long shots. Alvirne had a Diamond and 1 to cover Pelletier and did a nice job. 2nd Half, it was reversed. Central kept moving the ball, being patient, and that got Alvirne all out of rhythm and ended up taking quick shots also. Alvirne only scored 12 pts in the 2nd half. Central also turned up the heat and pressured their dribble, Alvirne turned it over, got careless and took quick shots. Central played a great game. Central is def a team to watch this year.

TheDeafPanther07
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next