New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

Feb. 14th Games

+4
JAF
GNG
SeacoastDad
Tuesday and Friday
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Feb. 14th Games  Empty Feb. 14th Games

Post  Tuesday and Friday Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:21 am

I know a lot of members are busy making lunch plans with GNG on another thread, but because, especially on this day, my LOVE of basketball has propelled me to take care of business and talk about my LOVE of some games being played on a night dedicated to LOVE.

Memorial at Alvirne: Very interesting matchup in Hudson. Memorial was on kind of a roll until they scored 28 points at Merrimack last Friday. I don't think many of us were too concerned about Alvirne's meandering play until they scored 34 points against South last Friday and lost by 31 points. Now, red flags are being posted about Alvirne all over the Forum. Even Dennis Green might have been quoted this weekend saying something like:

"This Alvirne team is not the 2nd half team we all thought they were going to be."

Something has to give in this matchup. Could we really have a 36 to 32 final score in this one?

Spaulding at West: The recently annointed "Road Warriors" of Spaulding head to West for a big one. The Red Raiders will try to build on the Big Mo of their Friday OT victory over Central. West will be without JoCarl. This game goes a long way in clearing up the log jam of 4 loss teams.

Pinkerton at Central: Unfortunately, of all nights, I'm not feeling the LOVE for Pinkerton. Patrikis is hurt. The Astros are heading into a brutal stretch of their schedule. Central is coming off the OT loss to Spaulding. I don't believe Central will lose 2 games in a row to a red colored team, even on Valentine's Day.

North at Winny: This is a must win game for North if they have hopes of securing a top 4 seed. With North playing BG, Merry, Central, Alvirne and West after this game a loss is not in the Titan vocabulary for tonight.

South at Exeter: An interesting game to clear up the seedings towards the bottom half of the 16 teams.

Londonderry at Trinity: You know how much I love Londonderry. I'm calling it......HUGE UPSET TONIGHT. Yes, the Lancers will walk away with the victory of the season. The Lancers ride into the McHugh Gym and joust the Pioneers off theri #1 high horse and every one in NH will sing the praises of my Lancers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm hoping GNG has taken to his computer to start a new thread or to say something about Londonderry. There is no way Londonderry is beating Trinity tonight. I posted the above capsule on the Trinity - Londonderry game because I LOVE to get GNG going and bust his Merrimack chops, especially on Valentine's Day.

I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Feb. 14th Games  Empty Re: Feb. 14th Games

Post  SeacoastDad Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:07 pm

Not too much exciting going on tonight in the lower divisions. In D-2, Brady vs. Pembroke and Souhegan vs. John Stark could/should be good games, along with the Hanover vs. Lebanon rivalry. In D-3, Campbell vs. Prospect Mountain should be good (they are in 4th and 5th place, respectively), and D-4 rivals Newmarket (14-1) and Derryfield (11-4) go at it.

I will have the pleasure of watching the Portsmouth-Sanborn battle tonight. Sanborn won their first game last week, defeating D-4 Epping.

SeacoastDad
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:14 pm

Milford without Lakin are down in a must win to Goffstown 40-35 at half. Philbrick has 12.

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:15 pm

Dover up 1 over Merrimack at half. I am sure that will change. 20 -19. ANother high scoring night in Nh HOOPS.

upset alert bg down 5 at keene at half.

Spaulding 31 west 21 half

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:35 pm

TRINITY 24 LOND 22 HALF Lauderdale has 3 fouls

Merri up 1 after 3 .

BG tied at 57 after 3

Central rolls PINKY 74 -60

SPAULD 52 WEST 31 END OF 3

Merrimack won 43 40 Sleep Sleep

Last edited by GNG on Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:06 pm

Milford lost 82-62. Only had 7 Varsity players suited up then had to use swingers just ran out of gas. This loss almost certainly takes away any chance at making the playoffs.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:08 pm

Also was it necessary for Portsmouth to beat up on Sanborn that bad? 103-35 in my mind is avoidable.

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:12 pm

Agree bigman. Talk about piling on.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  JAF Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:14 pm

BG 81-77 final over Keene according to a parent that was there. They were down 2 or 4 at half and tied at 57 after 3.

So much for low scoring games Very Happy

JAF
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Feb. 14th Games  Empty You want offense I'LL GIVE YOU OFFENSE

Post  GNG Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:19 pm

FINAL BG 81 KEENE 77 phew. For those of you paying attention to my lengthy win streak prediction it now stands at 4, and 6 out of their last 7. bounce bounce bounce bounce

North at Guertin Thursday night special. Should be a good one.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:33 pm

How does BG give up 77 to Keene? scratch

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:40 pm

My people are telling me Keene hit 20 three pointers. Don't have confirmation yet, but that would explain it. With all the bad shooting that's been going on, a team was bound to start hitting something.

North 62 winnie 58.

Maybe both these teams were looking ahead to Thursday.

Alvirne 69-61 over Memorial.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  nhhoopsguy Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:14 pm

Winny-North game was game of momentum swings, poor foul shooting and bad clock management!
North came out and looked like they would blow them out, only to allow winny to claw the way back.
In the second half winny was up 19-14, when North ran off 11 straight points, without Winny coach calling a timeout!
From that point on, both teams would trade leads, but it was North, up by 8-10 point late in the fourth, when they couldn't make free throws.
Winny would come down, with 30 seconds left, down 7, and drain a three!
But , no timeout from winny as ball bounced around and finally inbounded 8 or 9 seconds later!
Winny has three coaches on bench, two or three timeouts left, North is shooting poorly and nobody call timeout after made basket?
Same scenario with 7 or 8 seconds left, and Winny scores again and no timeout!

nhhoopsguy
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  FOXY LADY Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:28 pm

Does anyone know if Dunn played for Alvirne?

Also, where is Merrimack scoring?

How does BG give up 77 to Keene? I am sure the mom's at Keene must have enjoyed Migs.

FOXY LADY
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:31 pm

"I am sure the mom's at Keene must have enjoyed Migs."
FOXY LADY

True Dat FOXY !!!!

After tonight will those 2 Keene moms send their letters criticizing Migs to the BG Admin by regular mail or will they over night them to 194 Lund Rd?

Very Happy Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:37 pm

After seeing Merry score 45 points or less in 4 out of their last 5 games it is becoming evident the Floras situation is starting to have an effect on Merry. Either they are being coached to play more conservative or players who should be stepping up with the loss of Floras just aren't doing it.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:57 pm

In girl's hoops:

Londonderry 43 Trinity 41 Surprising

Pinky 39 Central 18 Very surprised with Central's output.

How about that Littleton 66 to 6 victory over Lin-Wood

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  SeacoastDad Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:01 am

bigman44 wrote:Also was it necessary for Portsmouth to beat up on Sanborn that bad? 103-35 in my mind is avoidable.

Guys - I was at the game, although I didn't get there until the end of the first quarter. Believe it or not, I didn't see this as piling on. Kamahl Walker left the game in the second quarter with a knee or ankle injury, and Billy Lane left the game in the third with a tweaked ankle. Backup guards Jack Mackey and Ben Landry were in street clothes. The subs definitely played more than the starters, and there were a couple of JV players that played. I honestly believe that Portsmouth could have scored 120-130 and held Sanborn under 20 if they wanted to. I will say that there were a few threes that were shot that were not necessary, but they were mostly by the subs who don't often get the chance. No doubt I would rather not have seen them score over 100. Portsmouth did not press at all during the final three quarters that I saw.

Sanborn is 1-5 against Division 4 teams this year. Their kids played hard the whole game; they have no size, and they were simply overmatched. I'm sure they were frustrated, but they didn't show it. Much to their credit, I didn't see any indication from their coaches during or after the game that they were upset.

SeacoastDad
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:05 am

L is a big letter for Lin-Wood HS. Their nickname is the Lumberjacks. The HS is located at 72 Linwood Drive in Lincoln, NH.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  SeacoastDad Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:07 am

Tuesday and Friday wrote:L is a big letter for Lin-Wood HS. Their nickname is the Lumberjacks. The HS is located at 72 Linwood Drive in Lincoln, NH.

That's the seventh time they have scored in single digits this year. Their season high is 20. God bless them.

SeacoastDad
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:08 am

How about their 4 to 5 practices/week. That must be a treat.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:10 am

Jeremy just notified me BG girls beat North 64 to 45.

That was a big game for top 4 seedings in D1 girls.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  SeacoastDad Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:17 am

Tuesday and Friday wrote:Jeremy just notified me BG girls beat North 64 to 45.

That was a big game for top 4 seedings in D1 girls.

It was actually the Winnacunnet girls that beat North 64-45. BG had the night off.

SeacoastDad
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:25 am

Thanks for the correction SC-Dad. Too many texts and e-mails that cross reference.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeremy Leveille Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:27 am

Yeah don't misquote me, T&F!

Jeremy Leveille
All-State
All-State

http://www.nhnotebook.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content