New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

Jeremy the wins don't back you up, but the numbers do

3 posters

Go down

Jeremy the wins don't back you up, but the numbers do Empty Jeremy the wins don't back you up, but the numbers do

Post  GNG Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:07 am

I just did the final regular season stats. Some pretty interesting stuff.
BEDFORD - OFF 28 DEF 14
BG - OFF 23 DEF 13
KEENE - OFF 22 DEF 13
DOVER - OFF 24 DEF 18 Shocked Shocked
WINNIE - OFF 24 DEF 24 scratch
SPAULDING- 21 DEF 21 scratch
TIMBY - OFF -21 DEF- 26
WEST - OFF 19 DEF- 35 How did they beat Keene with numbers like these?
MERRIMACK - OFF 6 DEF -36. Easy to see why they finished in the cellar.

I know the numbers don't take into account injured players getting healthy { Winnie}, and other factors, but I was surprised at some of these stats.

If the year long statistics hold true, Bedford beats Keene in a barnburner, and BG upsets Winnie.

Then Bedford dethrones BG in the finals. We will see if the numbers hold up .

Last edited by GNG on Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:58 am; edited 1 time in total

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Jeremy the wins don't back you up, but the numbers do Empty Re: Jeremy the wins don't back you up, but the numbers do

Post  JAF Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:58 am

For Winni - the games after Exeter and before BG have an asterisk - their #1 runner was injured... You may want to rethink your upset pick... Remember watching Adam Hall break free from tacklers - now think a bit faster. Watch the tape on the NH Sports Page site of Franzoso's two long runs.

JAF
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Jeremy the wins don't back you up, but the numbers do Empty I am not picking them to win.

Post  GNG Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:01 am

I am simply giving forum members the end of year stats, and based on that information show that it should not be considered a major upset if BG wins.

Personally, I don't think they have a prayer. Wins are the only stat that matters, and in that department BG is lacking big time.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Jeremy the wins don't back you up, but the numbers do Empty Re: Jeremy the wins don't back you up, but the numbers do

Post  Tuesday and Friday Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:16 am

Correct me if I'm wrong...... But, if BG loses in the playoffs that would give them 5 losses for the season.

When was the last year a ToJo coached BG team had 5 losses in a season?

Also, how many combined losses did BG have in their last 3 to 5 seasons under Tojo? Would the 2012 team, if they finish with 5 losses, have as many losses in 1 season as ToJo did in his last 3, 4 or 5 seasons of coaching?

Just curious for comparative sakes and to compare apples to apples.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  JAF Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:39 am

2007: 10-2 (Exeter, Exeter)
2008: 10-2 (Billerica, Keene)
2009: 12-0
2010: 10-2 (CM, Dover)
2011: 9-3 (Pinkerton, CM, Keene)
2012: 5-4 (Pinkerton, Bedford, Keene, Winni)

Prior to 2007 - many players/coaches walk around with 35-1 jackets.... So let's assume that since 2004 the team lost 8 games under Johnson - only once in a championship game (and that was controversial if anyone remembers).

One other point about last year - Cote didn't take the CM game seriously and I think in the Keene game first place was already wrapped up, so it was a "play it safe" game.

JAF
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:20 pm

Thanks Jaf. It's just about what I expected. So, BG will have lost more games in the last 2 years than they did in the previous 4 and maybe 5 years.

One would think the last season a ToJo BG team had 4 or 5 losses was a LONG LONG time ago.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down