New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

Dover Football

+12
nhhssports
newtothismom
HaleyNHsports
JustinMcIsaac
HS FB Fan 11
GNG
Crossover
Jeremy Leveille
EBlessNHSP
JAF
Tuesday and Friday
dadncoach
16 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Dover Football - Page 2 Empty Re: Dover Football

Post  Tuesday and Friday Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:43 pm

Maybe, I could show Dave Haley the PM I sent to him on March 14th, 2012....... 7 months ago.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:00 pm

T&F - Haley still uses Hotmail, good luck getting him to access PMs. Enough said...
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

http://nhsportspage.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:08 pm

Thanks Asst. Maybe, I'll show him the PM on March 14th, 2013. Very Happy

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  dadncoach Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:36 pm

Thanks for the welcome everyone and to the few of you with your comments on anonymity. I take back what I said in the mini-bio, none of that is me. Smile Seriously, I have nothing to hide behind. It's nice to see we can all have our opinions. I did say yesterday I was going to put some well constructed thoughts on why I disagree with Jeremy (nice article on Beattie btw). I did look at it, including taking a look at records and schedules of all six divisions (we need more divisions in NH, right?). I came to the bottom line, simply put. No team with one win should be ranked. I know Jeremy didn't think people were putting a case together. The case, the argument, is one win.

dadncoach
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Dover Football - Page 2 Empty Dave Haley with a gng like tirade.

Post  GNG Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:05 pm

At least Dave got off his darkhorse pick by week 2. {You remember who you picked, right Dave} Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Jeremy, Dover will run the table,BUT it will be to little to late.

Anyone in the MACK Friday night. I will be starting my evening with mexican food, and finishing it with chinese cuisine. Feel free to stop in.The gang I run with like to talk sports and have a refreshment or two.....

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  JAF Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:27 pm

What? Shocked No trip to the Lilac City to sit in the rain at Hugo Bolin Field to watch the Cardinals take on Spaulding? Shocked

If I remember correctly there's a few "establishments" up there that you have yet to visit and bless... drunken

JAF
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeremy Leveille Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:10 am

Dave,

I just e-mailed you, because that's how these types of matters should be handled (privately).

Jeremy Leveille
All-State
All-State

http://www.nhnotebook.com

Back to top Go down

Dover Football - Page 2 Empty Credibility?

Post  nhhssports Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:40 am

At this point, the question isn't how good (or not good) of a football team Dover is, but rather, can someone who continues to call a 1-6 team one of the 10 best in the state still be taken seriously.

We're talking about a team that's going to be 4-6, at best. If that's the case, it will have beaten the teams it was supposed to, and lost to the ones it was supposed to. How does that team belong in the top 10 of anything?

nhhssports
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeremy Leveille Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:45 am

Joe, I respect your opinion and you do a great job with your site. But I have already expressed my opinion on this and written at length why Dover is a top 10 team. No point for me to continue saying the same things over and over.

Jeremy Leveille
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  JAF Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:04 am

FWIW: I scanned through the football history on Jeremy's site yesterday - Souhegan was not in the top 10 last year at the beginning of the year even though they had a very difficult schedule and start... They did finish at #10 though as they ended the season on a 5 game win streak including a 36-14 thrashing of Bedford. In week 12 prior to the championship game they were ranked ahead of the two final game opponents Portsmouth & Bedford! At least they were winning at that point... I also scanned past a comment in the week 6 rankings (just prior to the BG/Dover regular season game) where it was noted "And yes, the NH Notebook WILL be covering that game, that is certain. Whether or not I will be a substitute teacher again at Dover High before then however is to be determined!"... Idea Ohhh... Ahhhh... At least it makes sense to a degree why there is so much I love you for Dover Football!

In the long run that 1 vote doesn't do much anyway other than keep a 1-6 team "in the conversation". They may be better than other lower division teams, but we'll never know. Not recognizing those lower division teams' accomplishments with a vote would be a nice gesture and recognition of their hard work on the field. I don't believe a D3 through D6 team should crack the top 8 and that includes the Souhegan team of a few years ago which had quite a few very ardent supporters that were always quick to respond to any posting on any of the various blogs that were quite busy at the time. It was almost a competition between them and the Plymouth fans ready to defend their teams winning streak. Back then the argument was Plymouth wouldn't be on a win streak if they played D3...Souhegan wouldn't be undefeated in D2... BG wouldn't be such a power in D1... Today all we seem to get worked up about is whether a 1-6 team deserves "a vote"!

Last edited by JAF on Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:06 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fat fingers result in different meaning!)

JAF
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  SeacoastDad Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:14 am

JAF wrote:

Outside of 1 game, the NHIAA chooses the order of the schedule in any sport you play the schedule and teams that are given to you. OK except in Baseball where Dover doesn't play Keene for some strange reason. They also had quite a few varsity players on their state championship Jr. Legion team, but I digress. I think Dover has to ask themselves why they only have 30 or so players on Varsity? A team that was in the championship game last year... Why is there no JV team this year? For as much thoughts that are directed towards BG's regarding their reduction in numbers in the football program, why does Dover get a free pass?

In baseball, Dover plays local rival St. Thomas, and Keene plays local rival Con-Val in their 18-game schedule. But, I still think Dover and Keene should play each other. I think one team in D-2 played 17 games last year (Goffstown, perhaps?), so having one more game than the standard wouldn't be unprecedented.

(Another swipe at the NHIAA: they should keep prior years' schedules and results somewhere on their web site.)

Last edited by SeacoastDad on Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:18 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : correction)

SeacoastDad
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  SeacoastDad Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:35 am

In my view, the basis for a team’s rank in a “Power Poll” should simply be: in a head-to-head matchup, THIS WEEK, a team would lose to everyone ranked above them, and they would beat everyone ranked below them. I see Dover’s record as somewhat of an anomaly. Their four division losses (three of them by 7 points or less) are to four teams that have one division loss each. I think they are the fifth best team in division 2. Now, does that make them the tenth best team in the state? It's a matter of opinion, hopefully supported by data. I'm not a big fan of giving love to lower division teams based on their record. If Dover played Plymouth this weekend, who would win? If you believe Plymouth, vote Plymouth; if you believe Dover, don't vote Plymouth. If Jeremy puts forth a reasonable case for Dover, and I agree to disagree, so be it, but I should offer a reason why I disagree.

Nonetheless, the personal bashing is getting tiresome. I really enjoy this forum. Let’s try to stay on the high road.

SeacoastDad
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  dadncoach Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:18 am

The NHIAA website should also have all schedules. Unless I am missing it, they don't. Is there anywhere I can locate this winters HS hoops schedules? Thanks in advance.

dadncoach
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  SeacoastDad Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:47 am

You're not missing it. They only track the current season (fall, winter or spring). Many schools post their school schedules on this site

http://www.usatodayhss.com/customize

Some schools do a pretty good job of keeping it up to date, but others do not. To pick on my own (son's) school, their spring 2013 baseball schedule is already posted, but only a few basketball games are posted. I don't know, maybe the basketball schedule isn't finalized.

SeacoastDad
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  The Edge Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:05 pm

I've had good luck using this site:

http://digitalsports.com/

You can search by school then filter down to specific sport.

This 1 win team conversation reminds me of the Londonderry Basketball string from last hoop season

The Edge
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  HS FB Fan 11 Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:32 pm

Wow, as unpopular as this will make me, I'd like to post in support of Jeremy. B.T.W., Jeremy doesn't know me. I have no bones to pick with anyone, and I owe no favors to anyone here. If the poll is for the best 10 high school teams in NH, then I'm of the opinion that Dover belongs in that poll. I think he justified his choice of Dover logically. Did someone post that there're 20 teams better than Dover? Would you be willing to list the twelve you'd pick against Dover other than the top four of D1 and D2? Rather than ridiculing someone's honest opinion, attempt to explain how Dover is so close against several top teams and let me see your twelve teams.

HS FB Fan 11
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Dover Football - Page 2 Empty Jeremy is all about the kids

Post  REDFOXFAN Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:57 pm

Hey Guys maybe one or two of you got under Jeremy`s skin and he reacted in a way that maybe you
didn`t like. He is asking for facts to back up your statements , not insults,some of you guys need to
TAKE THE DRESS OFF and cut him some slack.

All Jeremy does is try and help kids with constructive criticisims. We don`t have to agree with him about
Dover or Plymouth or anything else. I think Plymouth should not be in the top 10 and I have said it for the
last three years. Dover is the best 1-5 team in the state if you look at their scheduel and box scores.

Lets not forget that Jeremy protects kids and does not let parents hide when they make cruel remarks about a kid.
These kids and not professionals and I can appreciate his efforts as I have been on that side of the house
with my own son with a jealous team mate who had a father who was a pain.

Jeremy keep up the good work as most of us appreciate your time, effort and writing skills.

Last edited by Tuesday and Friday on Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:02 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Better choice of words, Redfoxfan.)

REDFOXFAN
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:48 am

Roger Brown just said on the Tarrier/Thaler show that, "Until Dover starts winning some games I can't even consider them for the Top 10. There's a lot to be said for winning games."

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:02 am

Pete just commented on the Dover situation. He doesn't buy the Dover Top 10 vote right now. He did say if Dover runs the table in their last 3 games then they could be in the Top 10 conversation. Pete also said (I'm sure kiddingly given all the Dover Top 10 vote flack), "I'm probably one of the only people that actually likes Jeremy."

Well, let me go on record here on the NH Sports Forum and say,

"I really like Jeremy. He's the best !!!!!"

I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  HaleyNHsports Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:45 am

T & F were you surprised when Pete told people that?

Are you saying you didn't know that or are you just joking..and saying..as you texted to Pete during the show..that you support Jeremy?

HaleyNHsports
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:18 am

Dave,

Since we are all entitled to our opinion, yes I do support and like Jeremy. I believe he is 100% wrong on his Dover Top 10 tirade, but I still respect him and like him.

As a matter of fact I like and respect you, Pete Tarrier, The Asst, Tulliver, Eric Emmerling, Tom King, Sean Sendall, GNG and anybody else who has a passion and love of high school sports in NH. I've spent my whole working and sports related life building bridges with my relationships with people I've come across. I know that in the future one has to cross back over the rivers they pass over in life. It's a lot better to cross back over a bridge that spans over a river as opposed to swimming across it.

I look forward to crossing over my Dave Haley bridge that will go into the basketball season to talk with you about things because i really like and respect you.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  HaleyNHsports Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:26 am

Rigth back atcha buddy...

HaleyNHsports
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeremy Leveille Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:10 pm

What's the saying everyone is using nowadays? Oh I remember..

"If you don't have any haters you're doing something wrong."

Yup, that's it.

Very Happy

Last edited by Jeremy Leveille on Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

Jeremy Leveille
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:29 pm

OK, now that I have Dave and Jeremy corralled above me on this page..... Can we follow the words of the great philosopher, Rodney King, who just recently passed away:

"Can we all just get along here?"

Since this is a Dover football thread I might as well report that Dover beat Merrimack 40 - 0.

Will Jeremy vote Dover 9th in his poll next week?

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Dover Football - Page 2 Empty Does anyone on the forum who was giving MERRIMACK - 35

Post  GNG Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:04 pm

If you lived in Merrimack you know that was me. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

40-0 Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
TIME TO GO JOE.

Jeremy , I heard it could have been 80-0 if the Dover coach wanted.

BY THE WAY bg down at half 9-3

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next