New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

Feb. 10th Games

+4
NHSports11
Tulliver
SeacoastDad
Tuesday and Friday
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Feb. 10th Games - Page 2 Empty Re: Feb. 10th Games

Post  Tuesday and Friday Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:17 pm

28 seconds left in game and Central and Spaulding tied at 39

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:20 pm

Just left the milford game they were down 14 with 2 mins to go, and considering they had only scored 7 pts in the seond half i'll go ahead and say they likely didnt make the comeback. First time milford has lost to conval in 6 years and first time dan has lost to them since becoming milfords coach.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:21 pm

Spaulding missed 2 fts with 15 secs left in regulataation. Game now in OT

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:28 pm

1:46 left in OT: Central 42 Spaulding 40

Missed FTs are killing Spaulding

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:32 pm

33 seconds left in OT Central is up 46 to 44

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:37 pm

Paradis just hit a 17 footer with 3.9 secs left in OT to put Spaulding up 47 to 46

Last edited by Tuesday and Friday on Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  JustinMcIsaac Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:39 pm

Tuesday and Friday wrote:Paradis just hit a 17 footer with 1.9 secs left in OT to put Spaulding up 47 to 46

The Cardiac Raiders!!!

JustinMcIsaac
All-State
All-State

http://wtsnam1270.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:40 pm

It was 3.9 secs. Cent has. all down 2 w 2.7 secs left

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:41 pm

Cent inbounded to half court snd called TO. 2.2 secs left. Cent has ball

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  JustinMcIsaac Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:45 pm

Tuesday and Friday wrote:Cent inbounded to half court snd called TO. 2.2 secs left. Cent has ball

Clicking refresh like a mofo- I know how to party on a Friday night

JustinMcIsaac
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:48 pm

UNBELIEVABLE ending. Dickson inbounds to Pelletier who fires up a 20 footer which falls short. Artiga grabs miss and lays it in at buzzer, but trail official calls shot no good because Artiga didnt release it in time

SPAULDING WINS 48 to 46 in OT

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:55 pm

So watch got to say Justin?

Riviera and Elks Lodge will be hoping tonight in Rochester, dont ya think?

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  JustinMcIsaac Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:57 pm

Tuesday and Friday wrote:So watch got to say Justin?

Riviera and Elks Lodge will be hoping tonight in Rochester, dont ya think?

When AREN'T they hopping??

This win + The late win vs Merrimack + the last second win @ Dover.... sometimes these crazy finishes have a way of propelling a team.

JustinMcIsaac
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  SeacoastDad Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:04 pm

Justin - I was SO looking forward to listening to the Somersworth - InterLakes girls game on the radio tonight! What happened?

SeacoastDad
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  JustinMcIsaac Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:09 pm

SeacoastDad wrote:Justin - I was SO looking forward to listening to the Somersworth - InterLakes girls game on the radio tonight! What happened?

We use a 3G System to broadcast, when a hard phone line isn't available (which most times, it isn't these days). We did a boys game earlier this year at Somersworth's gym without incident (we have AT&T and Verizon 3G cards- when one doesn't work, the other generally does), but tonight neither of them would work. Normally I would just get on my phone and do it that way, but I had no phone service either, so we had no way to get on the air.

Needless to say it was VERY frustrating, and embarrassing, especially since we had done the SHS banner raising for the boys earlier in the year.

JustinMcIsaac
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  SeacoastDad Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:16 pm

"And in the lower divisions… two really good matchups in D-2 tonight.

Pembroke (11-2) at Pelham (9-4) – Not including the clunker they had against Bedford, Pelham’s losses have been by 1, 2 and 3 points. Pembroke has a fairly easy schedule remaining after tonight, so a win would almost assure them a spot in the top four.

John Stark (8-4) at Bedford (9-3) – Another test for Stark to prove they belong in the upper echelon of D-2. Two of their losses have been to undefeated Hanover, and the other two were by 1 and 2 points. Bedford is currently in fifth place, and they still have two games remaining with Souhegan.

Hanover (12-0) looks to remain undefeated, traveling to Oyster River.

Not much else of interest in D-2, and no particularly intriguing matchups in D-3 or D-4."
[/quote]"

Looks like one good game, one not so good. Pembroke over Pelham 46-42, and Bedford spanked John Stark 81-57.

Portsmouth over Kennett 93-40. Ugly from start to finish. PHS couldn't miss their 3's (I think Kamahl Walker had 6 or 7 of them in the first period). Credit goes to Kennett for keeping up the hustle and attitude for the whole game; they were just outmatched.

SeacoastDad
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  SeacoastDad Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:17 pm

JustinMcIsaac wrote:
SeacoastDad wrote:Justin - I was SO looking forward to listening to the Somersworth - InterLakes girls game on the radio tonight! What happened?

We use a 3G System to broadcast, when a hard phone line isn't available (which most times, it isn't these days). We did a boys game earlier this year at Somersworth's gym without incident (we have AT&T and Verizon 3G cards- when one doesn't work, the other generally does), but tonight neither of them would work. Normally I would just get on my phone and do it that way, but I had no phone service either, so we had no way to get on the air.

Needless to say it was VERY frustrating, and embarrassing, especially since we had done the SHS banner raising for the boys earlier in the year.

Sorry to hear about that. I just thought you were preempted by the Celtics.

SeacoastDad
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Feb. 10th Games - Page 2 Empty Feb 10th games...Merrimack/Memorial

Post  tarrier Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:24 am

I opted to attend the Merrimack/Memorial game in Merrimack tonight. 44-28 was the final as Tyler Gendron's 20 points almost singlehandedly outscored the entire Crusaders team. This one was U-G-L-Y, you ain't got no alibi...except for 2 situations, both of which came early in the 2nd half. The 1st came when former Merrimack coach and now BG mentor Jimmy Migneault walked in right at the start of the 3rd quarter and was greeted with a "GO HOME B-G" chant from the Merrimack fans. Classic! The 2nd most exciting part of the game came in the ensuing minutes when Merrimack ran off a dominating 12 to nothing streak to open the 3rd quarter, turning a 21-18 halftime lead into a commanding 15 point margin. I'll have more on this game in written form on NHSportspage.com tomorrow morning. BTW, Dave Haley will be our guest on the radio @ 7:40am on the "NH High School Sports Show" on WGIR-AM 610 and 96.7FM "The Wave" on the NH seacoast. He'll be talking about his Keene hoop coach firing story that made Bar Stool Sports and USA Today. Nashua North hoop coach Steve Lane is also expected to join Marc Thaler and me on the radio at 8:15am.

tarrier
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:14 am

Mr Tarrier: 1st off I'd like to thank you for supporting the #1 thread on the Forum for Feb. 10th games. I appreciate it.

Second, your show sounds awesome for tomorrow. Will there be a spirited debate on blogging/regular news outlets with Mr Thaler and Mr Haley? We'll just have to tune in ladies and gentleman.

Thirdly, whats up with all these low scores? It looks like a bunch of D4 girls scores in D1 boys. What in the name of Jeremy Leveille is going on out there? Pinky 35 Winny 32 Merry 44 Memorial 28 Spaulding 48 Central 46 in OT Alvirne scoring 34 and losing by 31 to South? What in the name of Marc Thaler happened in that game? Moultonborough 50 Nute 13....... OK OK I am digressing.

Fourthly, T & F picked out a winner tonight in watching the Spaulding at Central game. It looks like the Red Raiders kept their eyes closed on the way out of Rochester tonight, so they could concentrate on the Little Green. This game had a lot of ebb and flow..... Sort of like a quarterfinal game in March. Spaulding hit 4 threes in the 2nd. Artiga played well. LaCount was kind of silent. Pelletier was solid. Spaulding missed some key FTs near the end of the game that nearly cost them the game. Paradis hits the huge shot with just over 3 seconds left in the OT. Central calls a TO. Central then inbounds 20 feet up the court and calls another TO. Central then gets the ball to half court and calls another TO. They inbound with 2.2 left in the game. Dickson to Pelletier who tosses a rushed shot. The ball falls short of the rim. Artiga catches the ball and lays it in as the buzzer sounds. OVERTIME....... NO!!! The trail official, who has the call on the play, waves off the shot saying the buzzer sounded before the release. CENTRAL IS STUNNED. SPAULDING IS OVER JOYED. Game is officially over.

Party time in the city Justin McIsaac calls home sweet home.

And what in the name of Pete Tarrier is going on with Dylan Lafond? Not only did he play in this key game, but he looked good with his ball handling, shooting and all the nice intangibles he brings to the table. And what in the name of Dave Haley is going on with the Central roster? Was Lafond on from the get go? I guess so, even though Dylan Lafond told Jeremy Leveille at JW Hills last December he wasn't going to play this season. I know because it's on tape. Ask Jeremy. Nice to have you back on the courts Dylan, but where's Marc Thaler with a big news scoop when you need him?

In the name of Justin McIsaac, boy did the Red Raider faithful travel well. They had a good mix of students, parents and friends. They love to wear their Red Raider Red and show their pride and colors. Kudos to the Spaulding people for supporting their team and seeing their boys come up with a big victory.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  nhhoopsguy Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:53 am

I watched the Winny Pinkerton game tonight, which was back and forth all game, diff being Pinkerton made free throws and Winny didn't!
But the disturbing part was Pinkerton up by 3 with 4 sec left, winny inbounds ball, Pinkerton fouls player/rides him half court to three point line, winny player gets three point shot off and you couild hear the slap on the wrist all the way to the atlantic ocean, but no call!

nhhoopsguy
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  nhhoopsguy Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:02 am

I want to clarify, I think a foul should have been called way before three point shot was attempted! But with no call, and obvious foul on last shot, funny to watch refs just run into locker room!

nhhoopsguy
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2