@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month

Feb. 10th Games

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Feb. 10th Games Empty Feb. 10th Games

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:00 am

GNG was supposed to blog-up and write this one, but I think he spent too much time picking on "poor" 1 - 11 Londonderry yesterday.

Pinkerton at Winny: Pinky is dropping and Winny is rising. The health of Alex Patrikis' feet might be a determining factor in this game.

Memorial at Merrimack: 4 weeks ago I would've had Merrimack favored by 15. 2 weeks ago I would've had Merrimack favored by 8 points. Tonight I'm calling it a pick em.

Alvirne at South: If Sean Dunn is still not 100% then this is a pick em game. I know South has been dropping like comments made by Gisele Brady about the Pats wide receivers, but with the way things have been going lately it wouldn't surprise me to see a nip and tuck affair.

Spaulding at Central: The Spaulding players have to go by the Rochester Elks Lodge and The Riviera on their way to Central tonight. The Central players just have to go by Mike's Pub & Grub on Lake Ave. This factor would seem to favor the Green over Red.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Feb. 10th Games Empty Re: Feb. 10th Games

Post  SeacoastDad on Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:14 am

I think you might owe GNG an apology (and a cold beverage?). Check yesterday at around 5:00pm.

SeacoastDad
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:28 pm

Not in the least. GNG is picking on them as opposed to picking them. He's sending out Vince Lombardi quotes when talking about a Lancer loss. My hope later in the season would be for a Londonderry knight to show up at GNG's driveway and toss a Lombardi quotation attached to a Lance which securely finds itself. attached. to GNG's front door. Twisted Evil

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  SeacoastDad on Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:40 pm

No no - I didn't mean about the Londonderry postings. You accused him of not posting about the Feb 10th games. Here it is: (now you owe ME a cold beverage!)

Feb 10th games. The cluster continues.
GNG Yesterday at 5:21 pm

.Concord 2-10 at Trinity 9-2. Chance of Concord upseting the best team in NH 0%.

Memorial 6-4 at Merrimack 9-2. Merrimack looks to get back on track after getting 3 pointed to death in the second half against Spaulding. Word to the wise, The Crusaders love to huck and chuck the the 3 ball. Memorial begins a grueling 4 game stretch,at Merrimack, at Alvirne, at Central, and hosting West. OUCH

Spaulding 8-4 at Central 8-3. Game of the night. A win by either team could go a long way to getting a top 4 seed. A LONG WAY.

Salem 9-3 at Exeter 4-7. I like Exeter to win {next week against South}, not this week against Salem. Salem gets their 10th win.

Alvirne 8-3 at South 5-7. Two teams heading in different directions. South {losers of 7 of their last 8} is heading South in the NHIAA standings. Alvirne wants to host 2 games badly, so they need to keep hanging w's, not l's.

Pinkerton 7-4 at Winnie 5-6. Lot of people talking up Winnie. Not me. They haven't beaten a team with a winning record. Pinkerton has a winning record. This is one of the few remaining games on Pinky's schedule in which they will be favored to win.

Keene 2-10 at Timberlane 0-11. Did they fire the new head coach at keene yet? He's been there what 3 games. Time for a new coach. What can you say about this game? Even the parents don't want to go..

SeacoastDad
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:47 pm

Yea, my mistake. I've been very busy with basketball related events this week. I also have been busy trying to find:

1) A blue knight outfit.

2) A white horse.

3) A Londonderry lance.

4) Vince Lombardi qoutation on a 20 X 30 poster board.

5) Directions to GNG's house.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tulliver on Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:24 pm

I think there's a website to answer the last question, http://www.jadedragon-nh.com/menu.asp

Tulliver

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:30 pm

Tully, I think your above post might be the funniest you've ever had on the Forum.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tulliver on Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:33 pm

The Aceboard Winnie was my idea, too though and that was classic.

Tulliver

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:36 pm

Thanks for clarifying.

I thought the Aceboard Winnie was NHhoops idea..........God rest his pure passionate basketball soul Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tulliver on Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:39 pm

He thought we should all make the road trip as a caravan - but I suggested a Winnie.

I miss him a lot.

His family is doing well though and he really spent the last year or so making memories with them.

He's probably looking down at us laughing as we try to decipher the Division 1 possibilities.

Tulliver

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:48 pm

Yes, I miss seeing him at all the gyms also.

I'd give any thing to hear him question one of my rule adjudications at any of the Queen City gyms. It would be music to my ears at this point and it would bring a smile to my face and a hearty bowl chicken soup to my basketball soul.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:34 pm

Watch out Forum !!!!

I hear GNG banging the blogging war drums for this "cross threaded" situation on the Feb. 10th games.

Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  NHSports11 on Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:41 pm

Pinkerton at Winny. Even if Patrikis is not 100% tonight, I still see the Astros going into Winnacunnet and getting a big win. Winny has lost their last two against both Spaulding and Memorial, two teams who's stock has been rising every week. All four losses for Pinkerton have been against solid playoff teams and they know a win tonight could go a long way for their seeding.
Pinkerton 58 - Winnacunnet 51

Memorial at Merrimack. Merrimack is obviously a much different team without Dimitri Floras. The Gendron brothers have had to produce even more than they were before. The Crusaders have been on a role, winning their last three and look to be coming on strong at the most opportune time. This game is a toss up, but I feel like Memorial will squeek by with a CLOSE win.
Memorial 54 - Merrimack 52

Salem at Exeter. After a grueling stretch for Exeter, they got three wins against the three worst teams in division one. It's certainly a good confidence booster, but there is just no way Salem should lose this game tonight.
Salem 61 - Exeter 48

Spaulding at Central. As mentioned before, this is the matchup of the night. Central has had their flashes of both brilliance and utter disappointment. What team shows up for them tonight will decide the game. Spaulding may have lost two games against two of the basement dwellers in the division, but that was at the start of the year. This young team has done a good job of staying in games, and then playing a better final 8 minutes than their opponent. This strategy has won them 4 of their last 5, by a margin of 25 points. If the Little Green feed off of their home crowd and play their game, they should get the W.
Spaulding 53 - Central 60

Keene at Timberlane. I really don't know what to say. Two teams, 17th and 19th in the division respectively with 2 wins between them, both Keene's. Well after tonight Timberlane should have one in the win column.
Keene 42 - Timberlane 51

Concord at Trinity. One of the hardest places to play, and one of the most loyal fanbases at Trinity High School. Concord has zero chance of pulling an upset off against the best team in division one.
Concord 46 - Trinity 68

Alvirne at Nashua South. South needs to learn how to finish games with their score being higher than their opponents. These guys are good, but it seems LeBron has cursed them in the fourth quarter. If the game is close down to the finish, expect Alvirne to win be a slim margin. Only way I see South winning is if Livingston and Dunn both have under ten points for Alvirne and South can somehow manage to lead by more than ten at the end of three. So with that being said, Alvirne wins a close one.
Alvirne 55 - Nashua South 52

NHSports11
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Feb. 10th Games Empty You guys are killin me

Post  GNG on Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:47 pm

Tully, I expect it from T@ F, but you I hold to a much higher standard. Very Happy

Thanks Seacoast. I owe you one.

Let me clarify. I think the Londonderry coach is a super coach. One of the best young coaches in d1. I just don't think they have the horses. You need the horses.

Plus there is the INFAMOUS T@F CURSE, let me explain to new forum members.

It's much like the Sports Illustrated cover curse. When he likes a team they usually end up in the toilet. Last year he had West going to the final 4. I laughed so hard at that one I had to get operated on {I BUSTED A GUT}. Now he loves Londonderry. Wait a minute, maybe if he takes a team in the toilet they will end up champs. Reverse the curse. GO LANCERS. Basketball Basketball

Me on the other hand, all I do is pick champs in football,{2 divisions last season}, basketball, {2 divisions last season}, players of the year. You want to know who is gonna win this thing, stay tuned in a couple of weeks I'll tell you before it happens. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Sorry T@F forgot to take my humble pills. pirat

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Feb. 10th Games Empty NH sports11

Post  GNG on Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:49 pm

You know your stuff. Are you related to me? Seems like you got some KNOWLEDGE. sunny

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Tulliver on Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:50 pm

GNG - you're my ONLY forum doppleganger and I think of you every time I hit the Jade.

I meant no harm - I promise.

Tulliver

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:56 pm

It will be interesting to see if a rowdy student body shows up to support Central tonight. They show up with solid numbers for the QC games, but have a tendency to attend a movie or go to the mall when a low profile team like Spaulding comes in for a visit.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:04 pm

I just read GNG's post blasting me with curses and jinxes. I will give him credit for one thing:

At least he posted it on the #1 preeminent thread for Feb. 10th games on the Forum. The only sound I'm hearing this afternoon is dust collecting on the #2 thread for Feb. 10th games on the Forum.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  SeacoastDad on Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:12 pm

(Copied over from loserville... a/k/a the inferior (a/k/a the opposite of preeminent) Feb. 10 games thread)

And in the lower divisions… two really good matchups in D-2 tonight.

Pembroke (11-2) at Pelham (9-4) – Not including the clunker they had against Bedford, Pelham’s losses have been by 1, 2 and 3 points. Pembroke has a fairly easy schedule remaining after tonight, so a win would almost assure them a spot in the top four.

John Stark (8-4) at Bedford (9-3) – Another test for Stark to prove they belong in the upper echelon of D-2. Two of their losses have been to undefeated Hanover, and the other two were by 1 and 2 points. Bedford is currently in fifth place, and they still have two games remaining with Souhegan.

Hanover (12-0) looks to remain undefeated, traveling to Oyster River.

Not much else of interest in D-2, and no particularly intriguing matchups in D-3 or D-4.

SeacoastDad
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:26 pm

Thanks SeacoastDad. I and the preeminent site (T&F one) for Feb. 10th games appreciate it.
I love you
I love you I love you I love you

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:45 pm

Geez, I was going to look over at the #2 thread on The Forum for Feb. 10th games, but then I realized GNG is the only one looking at his own thread.

Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:03 pm

1:15 left in 3rd. Central 36 Spaulding 32. Big news for Central.Dylan Lafond is playing and looking good.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:07 pm

End of 3rd Central 37 Spaulding 32

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:11 pm

Merry 31 Memorial 18. 3:55 left in the 3rd

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down