New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

D1 All-State

3 posters

Go down

D1 All-State Empty D1 All-State

Post  NHhoops Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:36 pm

With only 6-7 regular season games left, is it too early to start discussing candidates for D1 first team all-state? It's interesting this year because there is no dominant player who is a "lock" for Player of the Year. Dmitri Floras is clearly the most talented player in the state but with his injury, might not even qualify for all-state or POY. I think everyone thought Mabor Gabriel would be the leading candidate for POY, but he has had somewhat of a quiet year. Here are some of my candidates for first team all-state in D1. Who am I missing?

Chris Light
Tyler Gendron
Chris Gendron
Matt Barr
Dominic Paradis
Gabe LaCount
Ryan Gauthier
Sean Dunn
Mabor Gabriel
Mike Leblanc
Troy Pelletier
Anthony Mucciolli
Tyler Livingston
Joe McCarthy
Aaron Martin
Silvere Aluko

Who will be POY?

NHhoops
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

D1 All-State Empty Re: D1 All-State

Post  Tuesday and Friday Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:17 pm

NHhoops: I presume you mean Eric Gendron instead of Chris Gendron.

I would put the following players on the list also:

Tony Beaulieu of Alvirne: One of the leading scorers in the D1 on one of the best teams in D1. He always plays a solid all around game. He gives you defense, rebounding and plays the game clean-hard.

Carmen Giampetruzzi of Trinity: Trinity is 1st in D1 right now. If the season ended today I would have a difficult time putting any of their starters on 1st team all state. Sistare has been solid, but he's a freshman. Lauderdale had a good start, but has been quite pedestrian as of late. Hamel has battled an injury and his shot hasn't been consistent. Gabriel in my mind has been a disappointment through the first 2/3 of the season. I would take Aluko immediately off your list. I wouldn't even consider Aluko for 2nd team or honorable mention. Carmen G. has been the most consistent player night in and night out for the team presently in sole possession of 1st in D1.

Ben Slepian of Salem: He is the leading scorer on THE surprise team in D1 so far this season. He had a 27 point performance against West last night in Salem's big double OT victory. Some fans might say, "Who are these guys", when talking about Salem. Slepian is the biggest answer to the "Who" of Salem. I would give slight mention to Blue Devil senior pt guard Jonny Klecan. While he doesn't put up great numbers, he is the straw that stirs the Blue Devil drink with running the show and giving a great defensive effort against the other team's best guard. Klecan's season is very much like the season Ryan Dunn had a couple of years ago. Dunn was the Winny straw the whole season. He brought it every game. While not putting up great numbers people knew what he meant to Winny being one of the best teams in D1 and eventually going to the title game. I believe Dunn made 2nd team all state that year. I expect a similar outcome for Klecan this season if Salem continues their impressive season.

As far as an answer to your POY question. I will give you an answer with the utmost respect. Given no one has stood out for #1 Trinity so far, Floras being injured for #2 Merrimack and no one really standing out heads and heels above the rest in the next mix of 10 (that's right the next 10) log jam teams with 3 to 5 losses......At this time I vote for:

Vacant

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  NHhoops Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:42 pm

yes, T & F, it's been a crazy year. Very mediocre in terms of individual performances. Even when Dimitri was playing, he wasn't having big scoring games, although I understand he was consciously trying to be more of a "set up" guy. Can't understand Gabriel - he is so long and smooth I thought he would have his way this year in NH. I know POY has alot to do with the team's final standing, but at this point I'd guess either Light from Pinkerton or Tyler Gendron from Merrimack.

Last year the picture was much clearer. At this point in the season, everyone pretty much knew who the all-staters would be, and POY was coming down to Green, Madol, or Wickey.

NHhoops
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:53 pm

Agreed NHhoops.

Maybe, in the next week or two, a few players will start standing out and then I could change my vote from Vacant to:

Convoluted

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

D1 All-State Empty Player of Year

Post  rwvogeley Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:21 pm

Looking at the list I agree with most of them, with a few exceptions.
I would definely add Beuleia(spelling) from Alvirne. His size and speed really impresssed me. Need to work on shooting but love his passion on the floor.
I would Giampetruzzi from Trinity and take off their two big guys. Until you see them match up with someone thier size, you cannot see how much they do offensively. Giampetruzzi has great mechanicsin shooting ande running him off of a baseline pick is a must if I ran that offense.

I would add Smith from Pinkerton. His ball handling is strongwith either hand, but defen sively nobody plays the passing lanes better than him.

Coach of the year-Manchester West coach.They have come so far from a yeAr ago.

rwvogeley
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down