New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

Keene HS Coaching Carousel

+3
Tuesday and Friday
HaleyNHsports
EBlessNHSP
7 posters

Go down

Keene HS Coaching Carousel Empty Keene HS Coaching Carousel

Post  EBlessNHSP Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:31 am

Maybe you've already read it - but Dave Haley gets in deep with the eyebrow raising situation at Keene High School.

http://www.nhsportspage.com/display_full_story.php?story_id=769

EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

http://nhsportspage.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Keene HS Coaching Carousel Empty Re: Keene HS Coaching Carousel

Post  HaleyNHsports Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:27 pm

Would love to hear opinions on this from the forum readers...getting some really good feedback/comments back about the article. Two have been posted under the column already..

HaleyNHsports
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:42 pm

This situation is a head scratcher for sure. This situation comes shortly after the Central girl's running coach situation where a coach seemed to be treated unfairly. For the life of me I don't know why any one with any common sense would want to coach the Keene High basketball team after this situation. Maybe, if this quick sand situation for Keene boy's basketball continues, they should just move to D2. Heck, they've been playing Con Val for a while to pad their win total, which hasn't been much lately, under the guise of the Con Val game being a "rivalry" game for them. If Keene went to D2 they could find lots of other rivalry games they could compete better in:

Milford
Goffstown
John Stark
Hollis/Brook
Pelham
Souhegan

The above 6 teams would be shorter drives than what they make right now in D1 and the moribound seasons they have had lately would be a thing of the past.

What say you Keene Administration? Instead of focusing your energy on picking apart what a motivated and passionate HS basketball coach has to say while doing the difficult task of mentoring today's youth, why don't you really do something constructive and make the decision to move your boy's basketball team to D2?

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:50 pm

Dave,

Great article. Good job in giving the whole story of the situation. When I first heard about the situation I thought it was a joke some one was playing on me. I commented to some one last night who agreed with me that if this was done at the other 18 D1 schools we'd have a lot of ex-coaches for the last 1/3 of the season. Now, this Keene Admin comes off looking foolish. There had to be other under lying factors, one of which was pointed out in your article, that lead to this quick dismissal of the Keene coach.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  JAF Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:39 pm

Thanks for digging Dave. I know when I first heard that a coach got fired for swearing in practice I thought holy shinola there has to be more to the story. I've been on the sideline for football games doing the chains when Keene visits BG, I know for a fact that from Varsity down to Freshman that those coaches aren't exactly part of the church choir when it comes to their vernacular describing how a player is performing in a game. I can only imagine what is said in practice. Sounds (hah) like a double standard to me.

Too bad, but you know what they say about someone that is trying to do the right thing for the players - eventually some parent or administrator finds a way to screw it up. I would think the school board in Keene would want to start thinking about why their Principal decided to portray a man that seemingly has done so much for the community in such a bad light. Something really stinks.

JAF
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  HaleyNHsports Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:04 pm

Thanks for the feedback guys and I think you both make some really good points.
According to coach Johnston he had a very good relationship with the AD Leslie Farmer, again as I wrote, she had just said "I know you're in this for the long haul" two weeks ago...this sounds like the principal made the call and it wasn't his call to make. It also sounds like it may have been personal.
When you have a guy who is willing to start at the yourh league levels and build a program and you run him out of the job you deserve everythigng you get. A parent whose son started last year but didn't this year has been making noise all season over in Keene and guess who won that battle....its just wrong but unfortunetly all too common..

HaleyNHsports
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Keene HS Coaching Carousel Empty I didnt know

Post  GNG Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:37 pm

You guys had a thread here. I read it then went to bleachers to talk about it.

It makes it real hard to root for Keene. I hope they don't squeak in the tourny because of their win over d2 ConVAL.

Every year I complain about that, and Dover playing ST Thomas. Falls on deaf ears.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  SeacoastDad Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:42 pm

Dave - Your article doesn't mention whether or not you tried to contact the AD and/or the Principal for comment. Did you?

SeacoastDad
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  HaleyNHsports Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:09 pm

I did, I left a message with the principal's office yesterday morning, I didn't get a call back.

HaleyNHsports
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Tulliver Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:22 pm

They won't and cite personnel matters - which they should either way - but good for you Dave, for doing so!

Tulliver

Back to top Go down

Post  SeacoastDad Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:06 am

Agreed. Always good to try to get the story from all angles so the reader can formulate their own opinion based on all information available.

SeacoastDad
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  HaleyNHsports Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:32 pm

Barstool sports picked up my story.....it's getting a ton of readers....it's on there now.

HaleyNHsports
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:47 pm

Just read it on Barstool, Dave.

The comment section, which is up to 13 in an hour, is ummmmmmmmmmmm........ uhhhhh.... very interesting. I don't think Keene High will be posting it on their bulletin boards.

Dave, check you PM from me. I think you'll find my PM very interesting.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:52 pm

2 words come to mind when thinking of Keene and this situation:

Isolated and Insulated

Maybe, after giving this situation a run on NHSportspage, NH Sports Forum and now Bar Stool Sports Keene will be less isolated and insulated.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:00 pm

Being mentioned on Barstool ranks right up there as a close 2nd to being mentioned on the NHSF. Impressive indeed.
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SeacoastDad Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:24 pm

Last edited by SeacoastDad on Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:12 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : nevermind....)

SeacoastDad
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:26 pm

I can't believe that some of my basketball cronies have been texting me today and asking me:

"What is Bar Stool Sports?"

I didn't know some of my cronies resided in a rock as in what rock do you live under Very Happy Wink Twisted Evil Laughing Twisted Evil

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:15 pm

Heres a link to the Article. Barstool Sports is a Boston-based website that is sometimes NSFW (not safe for work) all though most of the time acceptable. Its hugely popular with the 18-35 (and older) crowd. Owner and main blogger is 34 or so years old and has been doing this for quite some time, and they have a NYC and Philly site as well. They touch on Entertainment, Sports, Women and other various things that seem to drum up controversy and the like. I'm a frequent page hitter over there..

I would love to link to the article but unfortunately the fact that you cant use the word sh*t in a link means the forum won't allow me. Go figure. Its on the bottom of page 2 or so of the blog now.

www.boston.barstoolsports.com
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  HaleyNHsports Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:42 am

USA Today has picked up on the story...here is the link

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gameon/post/2012/02/high-school-fired-for-using-expletive-against-his-player/1

HaleyNHsports
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:48 am

Wow, little ol town of Keene is becoming less "ISOLATED" and "INSULATED" this week Basketball

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down