New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

2009 Chick-fil-A Holiday Basketball Tournament

+2
EBlessNHSP
PANTHADAD
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

2009 Chick-fil-A Holiday Basketball Tournament - Page 2 Empty Re: 2009 Chick-fil-A Holiday Basketball Tournament

Post  EBlessNHSP Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:13 am

Again, Gary Fitz overviews the action from yesterday at the Chick-fil-A tourney:

It will be Nashua High School North against Nashua High School South on the final day of the Chick-fil-A Holiday Tournament tonight at Nashua South, but the winner will have to be happy with third place.

Campbell and Thornton Academy of Saco, Maine, will face off in the final at 7:30.

Campbell advanced with a convincing 77-65 semifinal victory over Nashua North, while Thornton, the defending Class A champion from Maine, beat South in Tuesday’s other semifinal 58-45.

The action gets underway today at 3 with a seventh-place game between Hollis/Brookline and Moore Catholic of Staten Island, N.Y. Bedford, a 58-38 winner over Hollis/Brookline on Tuesday, will play Alvirne in the fifth-place game at 4:30.

Alvirne beat Moore Catholic 48-45 in Tuesday’s opening game.

CAMPBELL 77, NASHUA NORTH 65

Campbell jumped out to a 8-0 lead and never looked back against the Titans, leading by as many as 20 points in the fourth quarter.

Josh Morghan led a balanced Cougars attack with 20 points, with Bobby Frappier adding 14 points, Shawn Henriquez 12 and Kiel Canada 10. Keith Craig had nine off the bench for the winners.

Alex Pratt did his best to keep the Titans in the game and finished with 24 points. Trevor Rancourt chipped in with nine.

THORNTON ACADEMY 58, NASHUA SOUTH 45

Junior Andrew Shaw had another big game for Thornton Academy, finishing with a game-high 16, including a third-quarter dunk.

Tomas Littlefield chipped in with 13 and James Ek had 12 for the winners.

South, which rallied to within four points on several occasions in the fourth quarter, didn’t have a single player in double figures. Chris Thistle led the way with eight points, while Louis Muccioli added seven.

BEDFORD 58, HOLLIS/BROOKLINE 38

Max Hendricks led a balanced attack for the winners with 10 points, while Lucas Olen and Mike Marinelli had nine each and Richard O’Brien finished with eight.

Dan Baerthlein (14) and Mile Tobin (10) were both in double figures for Hollis/Brookline.

ALVIRNE 48, MOORE CATHOLIC 45

Alvirne used its size to its advantage on Tuesday, getting 12 points from 6-foot-4 center Ryan Sweeney, 12 from 6-4 Sean Moyen and nine from 6-3 forward Jim Tomaswick.

David Acres (14) and Dillon Cassese (12) led the way for the Mavericks.
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

http://nhsportspage.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

2009 Chick-fil-A Holiday Basketball Tournament - Page 2 Empty Re: 2009 Chick-fil-A Holiday Basketball Tournament

Post  Tuesday and Friday Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:36 pm

I'm presuming the sophomore back court for North played like sophomores as evidenced by their lack of scoring vs. Campbell? When North's back court plays like seasoned sophmores they'll be tough to play, but when they play like un-seasoned sophomores....... well, you'll have sentences like:

"Campbell jumped out to a 8-0 lead and never looked back against the Titans, leading by as many as 20 points in the fourth quarter." ....... in their articles.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

2009 Chick-fil-A Holiday Basketball Tournament - Page 2 Empty Other Blogs

Post  chicagokid43 Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:20 pm

Often on the other blogs (Jeremy's) some numbskull bashes class I by saying it is the JV division. It seems their is not as much difference as some think at least with the teams at the top.
Conant winning the Keene tourney and Campbell in the title game in Nashua should show that a good team in M or I can definitely be competitive and even beat some of the mid level teams in L.
Unfortunately I think it also shows that the Nashua schools are on the down side this season. North and South without Nelson are going to have issues this season. This should also show that Fall leagues aren't a big look into the regular season when it comes to some teams. Campbell struggled and even borrowed players in the Fall to be competitive and now they are beating up class L teams. Conant who doesn't do anything in the Fall was running on all cylinders over the week and were the best coached team in Keene. Their execution was impeccable.
They can play with anyone in the state including the Trinity,Memorial and Dover's of the world. I do not see them losing a game this year in M and will get yet another title.
Fun stuff for the Holidays. Sad it is almost over since everyone plays on T and F and I will not get to see many other games outside of Milford. I wish Direct TV had a High School channel in NH.
Of course that would surely lead to a divorce.

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:42 pm

Good post ChiKid,

To be clear I think you're saying the commenters on NHNotebook.com are the bashers - not Jeremy himself. I think if you've read Dave Haley's NHSportsPage.com for the last few seasons he's been saying what you just did for quite some time, the lines between L and I (and M sometimes) are not so clear anymore.

I think the Nashua teams will be ok - these games are not always indicative of the regular season as I've said due to different lineups being thrown out there. BG seems to be dong ok too Wink And I'll absolutely agree that its VERY hard to judge a Fall Ball team without their complete team, coach or structured atmosphere of daily practices.
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:28 pm

Championship: Thorton Academy 68 - Campbell 55
Consolation: Nashua North 60 - Nashua South 51
5th Place Game: Bedford 56 - Alvrine 54
7th Place Game: Moore Catholic 48 - Hollis/Brookline 26
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2