New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

The next 3 weeks are gonna be crazy fun in divisions one,two,and three.

+6
D3Fan84
Crazy Carl Everett
E.I.R.
Tuesday and Friday
JAF
GNG
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The next 3 weeks are gonna be crazy fun in divisions one,two,and three. - Page 2 Empty Re: The next 3 weeks are gonna be crazy fun in divisions one,two,and three.

Post  SeacoastDad Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:20 am

Thanks - I didn't realize it was that simple! Ouch, my head hurts....

SeacoastDad
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

The next 3 weeks are gonna be crazy fun in divisions one,two,and three. - Page 2 Empty Re: The next 3 weeks are gonna be crazy fun in divisions one,two,and three.

Post  Tuesday and Friday Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:23 am

No problem. I just figured I would lay out the tie breaking information. I don't have the time or energy to figure out all the scenarios. I'll leave that up to the D3 football afficianados in the Forum.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  JAF Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:53 am

I think the simplification has been road wins are deemed more important within division. Regardless of how you feel about out of division games, it does seem they could come into play "if" you win against a higher division. In that regard H/B has an advantage since they defeated Memorial, while Souhegan and Portsmouth both lost to Central. I forget the Goffs/MMK result - perhaps GNG remembers... According to the NHIAA site, Hollis appears to have an "extra" home game too, while Souhegan has one less - not sure why that is. Souhegan in the current scenarios does not seem destined to be a playoff team this year. I think their only shot is to root for Portsmouth to beat Bedford this weekend to set up a final weekend win and be in scenario against Bedford. Bedford need only win 1 of the next 2. HB, GTown, & Ports own the record tiebreaker with Souhegan and I don't believe there's a way for 3 teams to end 5-3.

JAF
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:28 pm

gtown won, something like 21 -20. It was the game with the missed extra points. Two by each team if memory serves me.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  SeacoastDad Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:12 pm

JAF wrote:
I think the simplification has been road wins are deemed more important within division. Regardless of how you feel about out of division games, it does seem they could come into play "if" you win against a higher division. In that regard H/B has an advantage since they defeated Memorial, while Souhegan and Portsmouth both lost to Central. I forget the Goffs/MMK result - perhaps GNG remembers... According to the NHIAA site, Hollis appears to have an "extra" home game too, while Souhegan has one less - not sure why that is. Souhegan in the current scenarios does not seem destined to be a playoff team this year. I think their only shot is to root for Portsmouth to beat Bedford this weekend to set up a final weekend win and be in scenario against Bedford. Bedford need only win 1 of the next 2. HB, GTown, & Ports own the record tiebreaker with Souhegan and I don't believe there's a way for 3 teams to end 5-3.

There are just a few scenarios where 3 teams could end up 5-3 (all include Souhegan winning their last two), but they would involve some major upsets, such as one or more of: Con-Val over Goffstown, Milford over HB, Pembroke over Portsmouth -- none very likely to happen. So, I think your Souhegan scenario is accurate.

SeacoastDad
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:52 pm

The top four teams in D3 just need 1 win and there in. Portsmouth has Pembroke still so even if they lose to bedford they shouldn't have a problem. Gtown still has Conval so if they lose to H/B still highly likely they make it in. I'm holding onto hope that Milford can salvage something and beat HB but it probably won't happen (me being biased I know boxout no need to call me out I just did it myself) So it's highly likely HB gets in even if they lose to G-town. Bedford clearly has the toughest road with Portsmouth and Souhegan. I personally think Portmouth is going to beat Bedford and there playoff hopes and Souhegan's playoff hopes will be on the line in that last game.

My thoughts are:

1. H/B (7-1) Goffstowns to one dimensional to beat them
2. Portsmouth (7-1) I'm pretty sure the tie-breaker is head to head and that loss to H/B puts them as the two as I have them beating Bedford and Pembroke.
3. Goffstown (6-2) They'll beat con-val easily lose to HB by a td or 2 have the tie-breaker over bedford.
4. Bedford- (6-2) They very well could miss the playoffs with a loss to PHS which I see happening and a loss to Souhegan which could happen, if it were to happen it'd be back to back years where they open up great, and squander the opportunity to make the playoffs.

Back to top Go down

Post  JustinMcIsaac Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:58 pm

We've got Bedford @ Portsmouth Friday night, if you want to keep up with that game. AM 1270 on your radio dial, or streaming online at WTSNAM170.com

JustinMcIsaac
All-State
All-State

http://wtsnam1270.com

Back to top Go down

Post  JAF Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:25 pm

Got to see a bit of the South/Exeter game tonight. Exeter looked like their usual machine. Nashua looked lost and confused. Exeter bottle up McRae and Knight never looked like he was in a rhythm. I remember at least one pick on an ill advised throw early in the 3rd. The Exeter DB read him completely and just grabbed the ball. Strange play later in the 3rd - Exeter's driving, QB keeps and as he's going around the end in the middle of a pile of players the ball squirts straight up into the air and into an Exeter players hands who runs it into the endzone. It was that kind of night. Gonna be tough for them to regroup, but they've got a tough road game next week against Central. If Central beats PA tomorrow, then that game is a must win for South. Having to go on the road to Exeter or PA isn't going to be easy.

JAF
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:07 am

One good thing about the BG- Keene game having no impact in the final standings is I don't have to drive to KEENE.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:11 pm

Souhegans up on Bedford 13-0 only 3 minutes into the game. Both TD passes.

Back to top Go down

The next 3 weeks are gonna be crazy fun in divisions one,two,and three. - Page 2 Empty BIGMAN IS THE MAN

Post  boxout Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:23 pm

Thank you for the update, keep them coming. I guess the weather must be nicer over in Amherst, Milford canceled their game. Any idea as to why? Please don't tell me "field conditions". I am going to go conspiracy theory: the reason why we hear "field conditions", is because it is a way for schools and town governments to push artificial turf down our throats. Boy these public entities love raising taxes. Please don't give me the safety factor, you can be hurt at any time on a football or athletic fields.

Last edited by boxout on Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:24 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Can't spell.)

boxout
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:00 pm

Not a clue to why the Milford game was cancelled, and if it was because of field condiitions you can't tell me it's going to be any better tomorrow at 3 that it would've been tonight at 7.

But Souhegan's up 30-14 end of 3rd. Was 30-7 before a Garron score.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:16 pm

Souhegan punched in another up 36-14, with just a few minutes left. Final 36-14 Souhegan. Bedford I think will need a Goffstown win to host a home playoff game as they would hold the head to head tie breaker of Portsmouth and H/B.

Back to top Go down

The next 3 weeks are gonna be crazy fun in divisions one,two,and three. - Page 2 Empty bg limps in

Post  GNG Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:48 pm

KEENE BEATS BG.

Thank God Guertin is playing an injured Timberlane team in the first round.

I hope the boys can flip the switch because it's been awhile since they played a COMPLETE GAME.

The WINNI coach admited he blew the game against them. Alvirne had them in the 4th quarter. Last night Keene dumps them.

Not exactly firing on all cylinders heading into the dance. I am so glad they are not playing SPAULDING in the first round.

Survive and advance is the name of the game now, survive and advance.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  JAF Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:32 am

It was very obvious from the start that the preparation wasn't put in this week. Onside kick to open the game bounces square off the middle player of the front 5 - now that could happen any other time, but let's face it last week Alvirne never kicked it deep and previous teams that did kick it deep ran the chance that it was brought back the other way. Throughout the game there were just situations that screamed for certain personal, but because the coaches were playing it safe, the right personal weren't there or didn't know they were expected to be there. A couple of dropped passes in the first half could have either been long TD passes or at the very least got BG closer to the goal line. Yes, it was cold, yes it was a strange week, but only one team seemed to be making mistakes. Got to hand it to Keene they played well and inspired. Every time they needed 4 yards - they got 5 or more. Most first downs were 5-7 yards on the ground with Parenteau (he's going to be a real beast in 2 years). Their first play (after the onside kick) was indicative of how they were going to attack BG. The formation they ended up in after shifting was a single wing, power run to the right side. That's what Alvirne did and that's what Winni was doing. On their only scoring drive, as BG gets closer to the goal line with time ticking down - the coaches take out the RB that got them there - the next play goes backwards. After a timeout, the next play is a pass that misses. It's 4th down and the TD pass was just caught off the ground. The missed XP had more to do with not having any timeouts, not having the right personnel on the field, and rushing it. Take the penalty - it's only 5 yards - and don't be in a rush. If BG ran more than 15 plays in the second half I'd be surprised. Between fumbles, interceptions, and 3 and outs it was a long night.

I have to believe Timberlane will have game tape from the last couple of weeks now - I can only imagine their game plan will be very similar to what I've witnessed over the last few weeks. If it is, it could be one and done. If memory serves - the last time we played them they didn't have one of their RB's and relied mostly on their large QB. I think it will be a closer game than some may expect.

JAF
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  E.I.R. Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:03 am

JAF - Timberlane has been weak the last few games, BG should still win. Problem is that teams who can run the ball up the middle are having a field day on BG's defense. Last 3 games were versus Winnacunnet, Alvirne, and Keene, 3 non-playoff teams, and BG let up 13, 20, and 17 points. They have fallen apart defensively, and the only play teams can successfully run is a FB Dive.
Speaking of fullback dives, BG's Cornell had the run of the game. BG is down 7-0 with 2:15 left in the first half and they're inside their own 10 yard line following a holding call on a punt return. First play they run him up the middle and get all the way to around the Dover 20-30 yard line. A short pass and another tough run by Cornell puts them at a 1st and goal on the 1 yard line with over a full minute left. They try running up the middle with a different fullback and get stuffed. Then they pass on 2nd, 3rd and 4th down and BARELY scored with 17.5 seconds left. Go into the half down 7-6. When they come back out after the half, their offensive game plan is to pass, pass, pass, and then pass some more. They did not go to the ground at all in the second half from what I saw. Just pass after pass, and several drops (happening all night, Chartrand seems to be the only one that can catch) leads to a few 3 and outs. Then add in a fumbled snap on a 1st and 15 (false start, there's a shocker), and 2 Vailas interceptions, and Keene sealed the deal. BG's defense stepped up at the end of the game and forced a 3 and out, and then Cornell intercepts one pass and recovered a Keene fumble, but to no avail. BG playcalling this year has been AWFUL. My opinion, blame the coach as much as the players for this one, the entire game plan was asinine.

E.I.R.
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2