New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

NINE TEAMS VYING FOR THE TOP 4 SPOTS,IT'S GONNA GET INTERESTING

3 posters

Go down

NINE TEAMS VYING FOR THE TOP 4 SPOTS,IT'S GONNA GET INTERESTING Empty NINE TEAMS VYING FOR THE TOP 4 SPOTS,IT'S GONNA GET INTERESTING

Post  GNG Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:44 pm

ChIkid,once again I will leave d2 to your expert analysis.I don't like the fact that some teams in d2 seem to have an easier schedule {not milford},and don't play everybody.I believe it will be milford,pembroke,pelham,and portsmouth that will finish top 4.Feel free to tell me who you think.
The division I do know a little about is going to be like that movie,"It's a mad,mad,mad world",everyone scurrying about looking for :THE BIG W". I am speculating {guessing} that 4 losses will get you home court for the 1st 2 rounds of the playoffs.
I went thru the top 9 teams {your welcome} remaining schedules,and have listed below what I feel will be their toughest games.I know that with all the upsets this season nothing is set in stone,but at the very least I came away surpised at who still has to play who..
TRINITY 7-2,at londonderry,at spaulding,hosting salem,and memorial.I wasn't sold last week,but I am starting to think top four.They still need more offense.The 2 catholic schools have the easiest schedules left to play.
SALEM 7-2,at central,at west,at trinity,hosting bg.Big game for them tues against central,win that and it goes a long way towards two home games in salem.
BISHOP GUERTIN 7-2,at dover,at north,at salem,hosting merrimack.That would be 3 spots taken care of{remember i do this with green and gold colored glasses on},now it becomes interesting on who gets the fourth.
CENTRAL 6-2,at londonderry,at spaulding,at merrimack,at memorial, at north.Hosting dover,and salem.Holy moly, that is one tough schedule.I know their defense is good,but they still have some serious offensive teams to play.I say central is on the road for their second game of the playoffs.
MEMORIAL 6-2,at dover,at west,at trinity.Hosting north, merrimack,and central.Another team with a killer schedule left,but I like their chances to be the 4th.
DOVER 5-2,at central,at londonderry,at west.Hosting memorial,bg, north,and merrimack.Five of last 6 on the road,the schedule makers haven't been kind to dover for the 2nd half of the schedule.
MERRIMACK 5-2,at memorial,at dover,at bg.Hosting londonderry,spaulding, north,and central.Three tough road games,it wouldn't surprise me if the young tomahawks only lose 4 games,it also wouldn't surprise me if they lost 8.Let's split the difference and say 6.
SPAULDING 6-3,at north,at merrimack.Hosting west, central, and trinity.They better remember how to win at home cuz they got 3 good ones coming to visit.Second round the red raiders are one the road.
NORTH 5-3,at memorial,at dover,at merrimack.Hosting spaulding,bg,central,and west.Second round road game for north.
I was surprised at what hard schedules CENTRAL,MEMORIAL,DOVER,MERRIMACK,AND NORTH STILL HAVE TO PLAY.
We will see if I know what I think I know,or if what I know is pure bull.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

NINE TEAMS VYING FOR THE TOP 4 SPOTS,IT'S GONNA GET INTERESTING Empty Re: NINE TEAMS VYING FOR THE TOP 4 SPOTS,IT'S GONNA GET INTERESTING

Post  Tulliver Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:21 pm

GNG

I know what you mean about the hard schedules... I noted that myself when looking at Central and Memorial.

However, in some ways that could be a good thing.

Gearing up intensity before the post may give them some momentum to make a nice statement.

Tulliver

Back to top Go down

NINE TEAMS VYING FOR THE TOP 4 SPOTS,IT'S GONNA GET INTERESTING Empty Trust me

Post  chicagokid43 Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:44 pm

While D2 is very unbalanced this year that can be just as bad. Players playing 10 minutes two and three games in a row and then being asked to play 32 is just as painful. Getting up for bad teams and not falling asleep against good teams is dangerous as well. Milford would have loved to play D1 this year. With the way we are playing now it may have led to a loss at some point but it would have been much more enjoyable for the seniors.

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

NINE TEAMS VYING FOR THE TOP 4 SPOTS,IT'S GONNA GET INTERESTING Empty thought it would be fun to take another look at this to see how it played out.

Post  GNG Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:31 pm

It's not often that I am right,but I definitley got more right then wrong on this one.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

NINE TEAMS VYING FOR THE TOP 4 SPOTS,IT'S GONNA GET INTERESTING Empty Re: NINE TEAMS VYING FOR THE TOP 4 SPOTS,IT'S GONNA GET INTERESTING

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down