New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

Friday the 13th

2 posters

Go down

Friday the 13th Empty Friday the 13th

Post  nhhssports Sun May 15, 2011 11:58 am

Friday was clearly one of the most unusual experiences I've ever had at a high school sporting event. I was going to the Hollis/Brookline-Souhegan softball game, which was to start in Amherst at 6:30 p.m. I got there a little after 6 and heard cheering from the softball field before I saw the players. My first thought was that they changed the time, but as I watched I realized it was the JV game, which was still in the fifth inning with HB ahead 12-10. I figured it was going to take awhile to finish the game and then get the varsity game start, but I really had no idea.

The JV game ended at 7:15, with HB winning 21-20. The varsity game didn't start until 8 and after four innings, HB led 17-5 and was six outs away from ending the game early (softball has a 12-run mercy rule). But Souhegan scored two runs in the fourth, and then eight in the fifth and it was 17-15 and already after 10. By the bottom of the seventh, HB's lead was back to six runs, 21-15, but wouldn't you know, Souhegan rallied. Souhegan scored five runs to get to one, and with two outs, put runners on first and second. The game ended with the tying run thrown out at the plate for the final out at 10:57. HB won 21-20, just like the JVs.

http://www.nh-highschoolsports.com/souhegan-valley/cavaliers-win-slugfest-with-sabers

nhhssports
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Friday the 13th Empty Re: Friday the 13th

Post  EBlessNHSP Sun May 15, 2011 1:13 pm

Wow - that is a LATE game. Long day at the office.
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

http://nhsportspage.com/index.php

Back to top Go down