New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

December 13th games

Go down

December 13th games Empty December 13th games

Post  Tuesday and Friday Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:11 am

Winny keeps rolling along with a 81 - 44 win over Alvrine. Although Alvrine probably won't be a top 4 team they probably will finish in the top 8 to 10 teams of D1 and Winny destroyed them by 37 points.

Memorial beat Timby 38 - 33. I'm sure this game was knock em down drag em out affair. Timby plays the game hard nosed and I'm sure they gave the Crusaders all they could handle tonight. I would've loved to have seen the matchup between Amra Elezovic and Emily Rose. These 2 players LOVE to be abrasive to their opponents, so I'm sure there were quite a few abrasive sparks between these 2 eventual all state players.

Pinkerton moves to 2 - 0 in the post Katherine Harris era by defeating Trinity 53 - 47.

Londonderry beat Concord 52 - 12 Ouch !!

Lebanon beat West 69 - 7 Double Ouch !!

In the "A game only family members could love", Woodsville beat Profile 27 - 9.

I saw history in the Wilton at Derryfield game which D-Field won 59 - 50. Derryfield's Bethany Kalliel scored her 1000th point to become the 4th Derryfield girl's player in school history to do so. She needed 26 points heading into the game to get to the historic milestone. With about 2 minutes left in the 3rd period Bethany swished a 10 foot baseline jumper to score her 1000th and 1001st points of her great career at Derryfield. The game was stopped and the game ball was removed from the game. Her whole family was in attendance which added to the magical sweetness of the evening. Bethany will certainly garner some attention for the D4 Girl's POY this season.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

December 13th games Empty Re: December 13th games

Post  Tuesday and Friday Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:40 am

When Bethany Kalliel scored her 1000th point the game was stopped and the game ball was removed immediately. She was hugged by her mates and coach and the Derryfield audience gave a standing O. Then, the student body from Derryfield all put on marroon tee shirts with Bethany's #12 on the back. On the front the tee shirts said:

"I WITNESSED BETHANY'S 1000th POINT"

Now, that was cool for a show of support for a player from a student body. Some one told me after the game they saw the same thing happen with a 1000 point scorer last year with an opponent. Nothing like a cozy gym with a milestone reached amongst well wishers. It is truly a nice moment.

When you think about the other 3 major sports in HS I don't know of a correlation to a 1000 point scorer. Does Hockey do a 100 goal scorer, football a 50 TD scorer or baseball a HR or strikeout milestone? I don't think so. HS basketball has the 1000 point scorer and that's what makes the sport unique.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down