New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

Portsmouth and Milford

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Portsmouth and Milford - Page 2 Empty Telegraph online

Post  basketballtime Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:35 am

Well here you go Milford fans good win at home to keep the streak alive.

Milford 56, Portsmouth 41

The Spartans sputtered out of the gate, trailing 14-7 after one quarter, but Jamie Holder took over from there. Holder scored 10 of his game-high 20 points in the second quarter and pulled down 14 rebounds over the course of the game to lead Milford past Portsmouth (3-2) at home.

Mike O’Loughlin scored 17 points, while Mike Mitchell and Jared Lakin chipped in with six each in the win that keeps the Spartans undefeated at 5-0 in conference

basketballtime
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Portsmouth and Milford - Page 2 Empty Re: Portsmouth and Milford

Post  Guest Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:40 am

lol guess I was wrong Jamie big quarter was the 2nd quarter I was almost positive it was the 3rd but oh well still a good win for the Spartans.

Back to top Go down

Portsmouth and Milford - Page 2 Empty Thankfully

Post  chicagokid43 Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:50 am

Thankfully shooting percentage was not included in the stats for the telegraph. lol

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Portsmouth and Milford - Page 2 Empty You still might be right

Post  basketballtime Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:55 am

If Holder scored ten of his twenty in the second quarter he might have had a big third quarter too? Either way from the sounds of it nice weapon to have as he seems to have Portsmouth's number.

basketballtime
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Portsmouth and Milford - Page 2 Empty Funny Thing is

Post  chicagokid43 Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:08 am

Funny thing is he scored his points at the hoop more this time, in last years playoffs it was a perimeter assault. Mitchell did a nice job getting two quick fouls on Walker which really helped limit his time in the game but Jamie was huge and getting in the lane and creating.

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Portsmouth and Milford - Page 2 Empty Had to laugh at basketballtimes comment...

Post  Thomas Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:30 pm

...I see your comment as disrespect to one of the top coaches in the state in Mike Soucy at HB. First, HB is struggling, but they played Milford at the very beginning of the season where all teams have had less time to prepare. Next, HB had won 7 straight times at Souhegan and always plays Souhegan tough as there is rivalry there. Also if you have been watching, HB plays extremely hard (a reflection of a good program and good coaching) which keeps them in games perhaps on paper that they shouldn't be that close in - they qualified for the playoffs last year. Not sure why you would want to disrespect HB and Souhegan...

Thomas
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Portsmouth and Milford - Page 2 Empty Don't mind if i giggle too do you?

Post  basketballtime Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:57 pm

Thomas wrote:...I see your comment as disrespect to one of the top coaches in the state in Mike Soucy at HB. First, HB is struggling, but they played Milford at the very beginning of the season where all teams have had less time to prepare. Next, HB had won 7 straight times at Souhegan and always plays Souhegan tough as there is rivalry there. Also if you have been watching, HB plays extremely hard (a reflection of a good program and good coaching) which keeps them in games perhaps on paper that they shouldn't be that close in - they qualified for the playoffs last year. Not sure why you would want to disrespect HB and Souhegan...

There's no disrespect for coach Soucy here at all. I think he's doing a great job at HB but that doesn't change the fact that you still need the players to get you to the top and they are a young team in the building process everybody knows that. But the part that made me chuckle was when you said we played them in the begining of the season all of 21 days ago now that's funny. I mean really a lot can happen in 21 days right? Like the pyramids in Egypt being built all the way to HB making up a thirty point three quarter deficit which the Milford bench took over at the begining of the fourth and kept the lead at thirty. So all in all yes you do make me chuckle and this not disrespecting HB or Souhegan i'm just being truthful.

basketballtime
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Portsmouth and Milford - Page 2 Empty No Disrespect to Coach Soucy at all

Post  chicagokid43 Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:30 pm

I think you are twisting things a bit Thomas. I mean look at the scores from Hollis this year. Outside of the Christmas Tourney they have not been very good. Everyone knows that Coach Soucy gets as much out of the talent he has in Hollis but looking at the scores Basketballtime is right.

Hollis/Brookline
12/17/10 Coe-Brown Northwood (L 41 - 57)
12/21/10 at Milford (L 54 - 81)
12/23/10 Hanover (L 53 - 61)
1/4/11 Bedford (L 32 - 48)
1/7/11 at Oyster River (L 66 - 89)
1/11/11 at Souhegan (L 51 - 63)

Bedford at Home beats HB by 16 and Oyster River beat them by 23. The numbers just do not show what you are arguing.

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:39 pm

Thomas - relax. I did not read into anything that was said that was disrespectful to Soucy. EVERYBODY in NH HS BBall knows he's a great coach and a really good guy.

Look it's obviously that Thomas is a Souhegan supporter, and we've got several Milford supporters here. Lets not make this a back and forth - and if you are, do it respectfully and try not to be so standoffish. Thomas, I'm mostly talking to you. Take the tone of your posts down a notch.
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

http://nhsportspage.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2