New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

Portsmouth vs Souhegan short recap

5 posters

Go down

Portsmouth vs Souhegan short recap Empty Portsmouth vs Souhegan short recap

Post  1380TheSportsAnimal Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:48 pm

Portsmouth over Souhegan 61-41 tonight in front of a suprisingly small Stone Gymnasium crowd. Devin Gilligan didn't play for Souhegan at all tonight, not sure if he was re-injured last night, or just not playing back-to-backs. Also, Ryan Redmond was in a lot of pain after hitting the floor in the 3rd, and didn't return (though I was told he was OK after the game).

Portsmouth really turned up the heat defensively, allowing only 16 points in the first half, to a Saber team averaging 69 PPG. Souhegan just didn't look like themselves tonight, perhaps a combonation of no Gilligan, back to back games, and a good defensive game by the Clippers. Terrence Herbert had 19 for Portsmouth, Walker had 16, Kyle DiCesare 9.

Seth Cordts had 14 for Souhegan, Ben Peterson had 8, Ryan Redmond 7 (all in the 1st quarter). Also, Saber Coach Mike Heany was T'd up twice and ejected in the 3rd. Not sure if he was trying to fire up his team (who was down by 20+ at the time), or frustrated with the officials.

Portsmouth will face Kennett Friday night, they appear to be firing on all cylinders defensively right now.
1380TheSportsAnimal
1380TheSportsAnimal
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Portsmouth vs Souhegan short recap Empty Re: Portsmouth vs Souhegan short recap

Post  Tuesday and Friday Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:58 pm

It does seem like it was a frustrating evening for the Sabers tonight Animal. Portsmouth looks like they are peaking at the right time of the year.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Portsmouth vs Souhegan short recap Empty Angry at the officials?

Post  basketballtime Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:02 am

I doubt that Heany would be mad at the official's unless the game was in Portsmouth? Laughing

basketballtime
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  1380TheSportsAnimal Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:22 am

basketballtime wrote:I doubt that Heany would be mad at the official's unless the game was in Portsmouth? Laughing

Refs were a tad inconsistent tonight (IMOHO), only in the sense that it was a physical game, and called the game tightly at first, then loosening up a bit. But (again, my opinion here), that's normally how you do it if you're a ref- call it tight at first, establish where the line is, etc.

*Edit- And Mike Heany has been nothing but a class act every time I've talked to him, he was nice enough to do a pregame interview with us tonight, so my gut tells me it was probably more frustration over the way his team was playing than anything else.
1380TheSportsAnimal
1380TheSportsAnimal
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Portsmouth vs Souhegan short recap Empty Nice win for Portsmouth

Post  chicagokid43 Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:21 am

Nice win for Portsmouth, things seem to be rounding into a repeat of last year. Milford,Portsmouth and Pembroke will probably end as your top 3 teams and get home games in the first two rounds. Who will be the fourth team to secure that? That could be the story of the last few weeks in D2. Playoffs are going to be a great time this year. I think we could see some of the most intense games and some incredible match ups.

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  mandyjune Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:02 pm

Let's go Portsmouth!!!

mandyjune
Freshman
Freshman

http://www.chicagobankingrates.com/cd-rates/

Back to top Go down