New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

2016 D1 Playoff Challenge

3 posters

Go down

2016 D1 Playoff Challenge Empty 2016 D1 Playoff Challenge

Post  NH12345 Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:17 am

Here we go. . . the 2016 D1 Playoff Challenge.  Here is how it works. . .

2 points for a first round win
4 points for a second round win
8 points for selection the correct Champion
Total points in the Championship game will be the tie breaker

First Round games

#4 Salem @ #1 Bedford
#3 Goffstown @ #2 Merrimack

#4 South @ #1 Exeter
#3 BG @ #2 North

The winner gets a scorpion bowl at the Jade Dragon in Merrimack. . . you just have to pay for it yourself!

All submissions need to be in before 11:59p on Friday night

NH12345
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

2016 D1 Playoff Challenge Empty Re: 2016 D1 Playoff Challenge

Post  NHFootballFan4 Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:56 pm

Salem @ Bedford - Simply put....Bedford is the best team in the state. Bedford 35 - Salem 21

Goffstown @ Merrimack - The first half last week was tight with Merrimack scoring on a blocked FG. Goffstowns defense is very very good and with Duval back they will be able to put up some points. Goffstown with the upset! Goffstown 30 - Merrimack 20

South @ Exeter - This could be a great game if South can limit the turnovers. Exeter may be the better team on paper, but South is hot after last weeks big. South 31 - Exeter 28

BG @ North - After last weeks blowout, I have to give it to North. BG had no answer on defense to stop the North running game. North runs all over BG. North 42 - BG 21

Round 2
Bedford over Goffstown 21 - 14
North over South 38 - 24

Championship
Bedford over North 35 - 14

NHFootballFan4
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post  sportsfan88 Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:34 pm

Salem @ Bedford- Bedford is the best in the state and wins

Goffstown @ Merrimack- Grassini and Co will pull this one out in a close one. Merrimack wins

South @ Exeter- Congrats to South for earning the final playoff spot but Exeter is a well oiled machine and will prevail.

BG @ North- Like NHfootballfan said, BG will have no answer for North's running game. North wins this

Round 2

Bedford v Merrimack- Great game in the regular season so they do it all over again but the outcome is the same. Bedford wins

North @ Exeter- North is very athletic and this time I think they pull the upset

Finals
Bedford v North- Bedford has bee the best all year and they prove it in this offensive showdown. Bedford wins

sportsfan88
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post  NH12345 Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:42 am

Salem @ Bedford-- I think this game will be closer than people predict.  If Salem needs to control time of possession in order to compete in this ball game as Bedford can score a lot quickly.  Bedford wins.

Goffstown @ Merrimack-- Goffstown's D v. Merrimack's high flying offense.  Sooner or later, I believe Merrimack's lack of ability to run the ball will hurt them in this tournament, but not this game.  Merrimack wins.

South @ Exeter-- South is a good football team, but Exeter is a better one.  Exeter wins.

BG @ North-- BG needs to figure out how to stop the run. . . North needs to keep running.  Whoever controls the ball controls the game. . . North wins.

Merrimack @ Bedford-- UPSET CITY!!  Merrimack earns a spot in the state championship game.  Merrimack wins a close one.

North @ Exeter-- DOWN GO THE NUMBER 1's. . . North takes control of the ball, and you need the ball to score in football.  North wins.

Championship
Merrimack v. North-- Dante left Merrimack 2 years ago and now they face off in the championship. . . DRAMA!!!. . . This is where not being able to run the ball will finally catch up with Merrimack. . . North is your 2016 D1 State Champion 28-21

NH12345
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  NH12345 Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:57 am

Here are the round 1 results. . .

NH12345- 8 points-- 24 points possible
sportsfan88- 8 points-- 24 points possible
NHfootballFan4- 4 points-- 20 points possible

Still anyone's game. . . with a self-purchased Scorp bowl from Jade on the line. . . it will be an interesting second round of playoffs.

NH12345
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  NHFootballFan4 Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:02 pm

Well, I guess neither of my two upsets happened. South was close but Goffstown didn't stand a chance after losing its first 2 QB's. That being said Bedford and North still going strong! I think North will have a tougher time with Exeter than they would have had with South. Not a great matchup for them, but I have to stick with my picks.

North @ Exeter - North's offense is rolling right now. The problem is the hard nosed, run stuffing defense of Exeter. Exeter will have to score more than 21 to win this one. This should be a great battle. North scores a final drive TD to win 27 - 21

Merrimack @ Bedford- As good as Merrimack's offense is Bedford is the better overall team. They have just as many weapons on offense and they have the best defense in the state. Both teams will be ready to go, but defense will decide this game. Bedford 31 - Merrimack 20

NHFootballFan4
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post  NH12345 Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:39 am

Updated scores

NH12345-- 8 points (what a sad showing. . . still upset with some play calling in the Merrimack/Bedford game)

sportsfan88- 12 points. . . 20 possible points, no final score for the championship, so looks like there is no tie breaker

NHFootballfan4-- 12 points. . . 20 possible points. . . 35-14 tie breaker

sportsfan88 and NHfootballfan4 will tie our challenge and since sportsfan88 didn't enter a tie breaker NHfootballfan4 will be our winner. . .

NHfootballfan4 there is an ice cold scorp bowl waiting for you at the Jade Dragon. . . make sure you bring about $20 so you can tip well too.

NH12345
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down