New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

D2 Playoffs, POY, COY

4 posters

Go down

D2 Playoffs, POY, COY Empty D2 Playoffs, POY, COY

Post  Hooper Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:00 am

I heard they start Monday? Not a long turnaround.

Who are the POY candidates?
Jourdain Bell maybe the most fun kid to watch
Zach Jones, scores and scores scores
Charlie Lehoux best player on best team
KJ Matte carries his squad to top 4
Others?

COY? Mulvey (though he probably has the best players), how about Windham's Stephanides they have quietly had a great season. Danny Bryson should also be considered

The Manchester West story this year has been a great one to follow, saw them play Hanover two nights ago and the life in the building was Awesome!

Hooper
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

D2 Playoffs, POY, COY Empty Re: D2 Playoffs, POY, COY

Post  Tuesday and Friday Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:03 am

For POY I have the following players ranked:

1) Zack Jones - With West's very successful initial foray into D2, Jones has been their one consistent constant. He's been the Blue Knight's leading scorer and their leader. His game is predicated on a nice blend of athletic takes to the hoop, pull up medium range jumpers and drawing defenders before laying off nice assists to the 2 West Bigs for finishes. He plays with a placid calm demeanor on the court which the rest of the team feeds off when they need to dig in deep.

2) KJ Matte - Motor is always running for this nice sophomore. He scores, assists or plays defense on a consistent basis. Just a very very good player. A classic coach's son who produces physically and mentally on the court.

3) Jourdain Bell - If he wins the POY 2 years in a row, it will be much deserved. He is one of the most unselfish leading scorers I've seen in a long time. I've never seen a player who consistently puts up 20 to 25 points, but is still constantly looking to better his mates and team with his court vision. He is a pleasure to watch and might be the best "pure" basketball player in the state.

For COY:

Danny Bryson of West - He has done a remarkable job with this West team. The Blue Knights are playing as a team and pulling for each other on and off the court. This is the the first West team in a Looooong time that had the same roster in March as they did in December. No off court drama has led to a lot of nice on court good drama for the Blue Knights. Danny is a better person than he is a coach. The only way I see him not getting the COY is if the "regular" D2 coaches don't vote for the "new guy coach." Well, the new guy deserves the 2015 D2 COY....... Hands Down.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

D2 Playoffs, POY, COY Empty D2 Playoffs, POY, COY

Post  tiger46 Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:39 pm

These are all good choices - no doubt!
I’ve seen all of the kids mentioned so far play this year and all four absolutely deserve to be in the conversation. However, to me, Jourdain Bell really stands out. My wife said “he looks like a college player playing with high school kids” and after thinking about it, it’s the most appropriate way I can think of to describe him to someone who hasn’t seen him play. It is not that he goes out and crushes the competition each night but, his game is at a level that is noticeably different. Jourdain Bell would get my vote.
I would add Brandon DiLucchio to the discussion as well. He is a great point guard who is exciting to watch with the ball in his hands and he means everything to his team. Not to disparage Kennett but, DiLucchio does not have the weapons surrounding him that some of these other candidates do.

tiger46
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  SeacoastDad Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:51 am

Here are my unofficial projected seedings for D-2:

1 - Portsmouth 17-1
2 - Manchester West 17-1
3 - Bishop Brady 14-4
4 - Lebanon 14-4
5 - Merrimack Valley 14-4
6 - Windham 13-5
7 - Coe-Brown 12-6
8 - Hanover 11-7
9 - Milford 11-7
10 - Goffstown 9-9
11 - Kennett 9-9
12 - Hollis Brookline 7-11
13 - Oyster River 6-12
14 - Souhegan 6-12
15 - St. Thomas Aquinas 6-12
16 - ConVal 5-13
17 - Plymouth 4-14
18 - John Stark 3-15
19 - Timberlane 3-15
20 - Kingswood 0-18

SeacoastDad
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  SeacoastDad Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:55 am

Wow, the NHIAA beat me to it! The D-2 bracket is already posted.

SeacoastDad
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

D2 Playoffs, POY, COY Empty West Goes Down

Post  Hooper Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:20 pm

Sad to hear West lost tonight.

Not really sure how it happened did anyone see it?

Goffstown St Thomas in qtrs, one of them getting to final four!!!

Hooper
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:23 am

It is sad about West. I thought they would make some serious dents into the D2 playoffs. I believe they had thoughts of "feathers" in their heads tonight heading into their 1st home playoff game in years as in they took St. Thomas..........

........Lightly Crying or Very sad

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down