New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

Boys' QCIBT 2014

2 posters

Go down

Boys' QCIBT 2014 Empty Boys' QCIBT 2014

Post  Tuesday and Friday Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:30 pm

All games at Memorial santa santa santa

Friday Dec. 26th:

3:30 pm Merrimack - Exeter
5:00 pm Bedford - Dover
6:30 pm West - Trinity
8:00 pm Memorial - Central

Saturday Dec. 27th:

6:30 pm Mack/Exeter winner vs Bedford/Dover winner
8:00 pm West/Trinity winner vs Memorial/Central winner

Sunday Dec. 28th:

6:30 Consolation
8:00 pm Ship

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Boys' QCIBT 2014 Empty Re: Boys' QCIBT 2014

Post  Tuesday and Friday Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:42 pm

Nice roundup on QCIBT and other holiday tournaments from today's UL:

http://www.unionleader.com/article/20141224/SPORTS21/141229616

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Sat Dec 27, 2014 12:04 am

I don't believe I've ever attended a game where a team led for 31 minutes and 59.5 seconds and lost...... Until tonight. This happened to Memorial. They had a 66 to 60 lead with about 40 seconds left. To lose the Crusaders would have to do everything wrong and to win Central would have to do everything right and both things happened.

Final Central 67 Memorial 66

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Sat Dec 27, 2014 12:15 am

Kabonga and Joe Martin both had great games. That's probably 1/3 of your 1st team All State team (remember the official all state teams have 6 members).

Craig Preston was cool under fire draining one 3 after another.

With 2.2 seconds left in the game and Memorial winning 66 to 65 they inexplicably fouled Central's Nate Guillermo 50 feet from the hoop. Guillermo missed the front end of the one and one. There was a battle for the rebound in the middle of the paint. The ball changed hands and went to Guillermo who put home an 10 footer as the buzzer sounded. It was the craziest ending to a boys' QCIBT game I've ever seen.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Sat Dec 27, 2014 12:29 pm

Clancy,

First off it wasn't a hand check foul at the end. It was a push foul. Watch the mechanic of the calling referee. That is a HUGE difference. If the Central player had travelled or lost control of the ball after being pushed I suppose that would've gone over real well for the other side.

I can understand your sour grapes. It is emotional out there. You've stated before you don't have some one who plays for Memorial. This being said it seems like you have a definite "vested" interest in the Memorial boys' basketball team Wink

Memorial had PLENTY of chances to put this game on ice in the last couple of minutes. They had one of their best if not their best FT shooter at the line in the waning seconds of this game who missed a HUGE front end of a 1 & 1. Memorial also missed another front end of a 1 and 1 seconds before. One could call that squandered opportunities.

With regards to the last foul: Don't take a chance and put it in the referee's whistle. I was sitting amongst a throng of Memorial fans and NOT ONE complained about the 2.2 second foul call.

As far as the 3 officials working this game: all highly respected officials by coaches, administrators and players. 2 of the 3 have done numerous D1 and D2 boys' semi finals and championship games at Lundholm in the last decade. I think the whistles were in good hands and the person assigning the officials is/has done a fantastic job of assigning officials for the QCIBT over the years. Don't like my opinion then check with the QCIBT tournament director (s).

Last edited by Tuesday and Friday on Sat Dec 27, 2014 2:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:14 pm

With regards to 1)...... We must have a different number of pixels on our screens.

With regards to 2) ...... It's not unusual for calls to be made as you say "out of area." Some would refer to it as angles, vision and getting call right.

Again, I emphasize Memorial had numerous chances to put this game on ice and didn't. For a fan to overlook this and zero in on one call in a 32 minute game is severely shortsighted.

Quite simply for Memorial: Don't leave MacDonald open for a 3, hit your FTs, don't get close for comfort to a ball handler 50 feet from the hoop and grab the missed rebound from the missed 1 and 1.

6 point lead with 40 seconds left and lose? Well served to look in a Crusader mirror.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  tom2 Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:28 pm

Clancy.. What were your thoughts on the Memorial Pembroke game? You never commented, just curious, that was also a squeeker!!

tom2
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down