New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

Jan. 17th Games

+2
Bert54the1
Tuesday and Friday
6 posters

Go down

Jan. 17th Games Empty Jan. 17th Games

Post  Tuesday and Friday Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:06 pm

Keene at Central: Well, it will be a long bus ride to and from the Simon Gym for the Blackbirds.

Merrimack at Dover: In Dover's 40 point loss to Memorial a couple of days ago the Green Wave called their 5th TO shortly after the start of the 2nd period.

Pembroke at Windham: A nice D2 matchup of upper echelon teams.

Spaulding at Pinkerton: The Astros will try to maintain their current momentum. Red Raider teams of the last few years could really play on the road.

Winny at Salem: This one will be real close. An excellent matchup.

Lebanon at Brady: Huge game for a Top 4 seed in D2.

Londonderry at BG: Big game for the Lancers to bounce back after their tough loss to Concord. Sometimes, you find out more about a team coming off a loss than you do coming off a win. BG looking to keep on the path to a Top 4 seed.

Memorial at Concord: Even with all the distractions off the court the Crusaders have been scoring a lot of points lately.

Exeter at North: A must win game for the Blue Hawks.

Alvirne at Bedford: If the Bulldogs lose this game do you really think the Bedford coaching staff wants to hear they are the best winless team in NH ?? ....... In mid-January ??

West at Timberlane: Could this be the Owls first W in nearly 4 years  cheers  cheers Bosco: please keep us updated on this possible historical game between the 0 - 5 Owls and the 0 - 6 Blue Knights. Maybe, Jeremy will be covering this game  Wink  Wink 

Speaking of history: On Tuesday night the Pinkerton girls beat Timberlane girls 61 - 3. A Timberlane girl scored a hoop, was fouled and canned the FT...... 15 seconds into the game. So, for the next 31 minutes and 45 seconds the Lady Owls did not score.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Jan. 17th Games Empty Re: Jan. 17th Games

Post  Tuesday and Friday Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:47 pm

Jan 17th Games
Post BoscoD39 Today at 10:43
I wanted to consolidate the same information from 2 different threads.

Bosco D39:

Keene @ Central - Could we see the first 100 point game of the year? Central.
Merrimack @ Dover - Another example of the haves and the have nots. Merrimack.
Spaulding @ Pinkerton - The Pinkerton bubble bursts against a tough gritty team. Spaulding
Winnacunnet @ Salem - Biggest toss-up of the night. Salem covers at home. Salem
Londonderry @ BG - Back to back hurts BG and Londonderry rebounds from the trap game loss. Londonderry.
Memorial @ Concord - Concord comes back to earth. Memorial.
Exeter @ Nashua North - Exeter beats the teams they are supposed to. Exeter.
Alvirne @ Bedford - Bedford doing their Houston Texans impression. Alvirne.
West @ Timberlane - Someone has to win. Wait for it...........the streak ends. Timberlane.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Bert54the1 Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:11 pm

Keene @ Central - Keene has been out scored by 31 ppg, Central is #1 in my opinion. Looking ahead to Trinity? Nah.... Waste of gas....
Merrimack @ Dover - Never underestimate an opponent. Romps is still coaching. Merrimack.
Spaulding @ Pinkerton - Spaulding will battle and have a plan to stop the big guy.  Spaulding.
Winnacunnet @ Salem -Salem two tough road losses and a win. Winny, start of a tough stretch?  We will see. Salem
Londonderry @ BG.  BG at home with lots of bodies to press the issue.  BG stays perfect.
Memorial @ Concord - Since opening night stumble, Memorial with two 1-pointy losses and two burials. Memorial.
Exeter @ Nashua North -  Exeter after Queen City praises, slips in the minds of many.  Nothing will surprise me.
Alvirne @ Bedford - Both have been involved in close ones.  I don't see this any different. Bedford's Grande the difference.  
West @ Timberlane - It has to happen sooner or later.

Bert54the1
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Jan. 17th Games Empty Jan 17th Games

Post  3buoyshoops Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:19 pm

AAAAAAAAAAH, Finally a full slate of Games, Some good, Some bad and some very Interesting/Telling as were into the 4th week of the D1 Slate,Catch some local High School round ball this Friday evening and....................................Enjoy. T & F ? Where you been BLOWING that Titanium whistle of yours? I've been in a lot of Gym's over the last 2 weeks and have not heard the beautiful sounds of the Redneck Manchester Moving Swallow, not even a sighting! I've looked in every tree, Marsh, gym and Local watering hole. ??
ANYWAY'S......Should be a decent night of Hopes............................................And HOOPS!
:
ALVIRNE vs. BEDFORD : If this Bedford teams ever gonna get going it's tonight, Let one slip away at North and has had a week to prepare, Alvirne you get one angry bear tonight that needs a win NOW. (They got Trinity next) and their at home. Not a good Mix for you Alvirne, Can't see a Fitzy team packing it in...............BEDFORD W.

KEENE vs. CENTRAL : All I do is shake my head.......Has anyone ever felt sorry for a bus????????????????????.........................................CENTRAL W.

MERRIMACK vs. DOVER:.... IMAGINE......If this game was in Merrimack....Dover scores 28..Romp's misses the Bus on purpose...Meet's Goody at the Jade for therapy/consoling. They close the place, Wake up Shoulder to Shoulder in Jade Parking Lot in Strangers wheels, Goody suppose to be at EXETER for a 2:30 start, Romp's suppose be home babysitting..............it's 3:00pm..................IMAGINE.....................................................................................................MERRIMACK W.

SPAULDING vs. PINKERTON: Don't look now but Pinky's been bottom feeding and building both confidence and Team work in the process, Spaulding is Spaulding, Cronin get's every ounce of gas out of his kid's year in year out reguardless of perceived talent levels. Toss up game in my opinion, Might not be a good match up size wise and the fact they have traveled already this week for Cronin's Clan, hate bett'n against him...alway's wrong, but here goes............Pinky at Home!................PINKERTON W.

MEMORIAL vs. CONCORD: Nice win for the Tide the other night knocking off previously unbeaten Londonderry, If Mermorial kid's make the bus???They should win!!! Concord very much improved and play'n hard and disciplined................................Unlike they're opponent............................IF NO DRAMA!? ................MEMORIAL W.

WINNACUNNET vs. SALEM: This will be a fight!!!, Winny still needs to show me something, I've seen them twice, Both one dimensional and play a little reckless, Salem, you know on the home sheet there gonna be tough and they are hungry, only three games thus far. Not a good night to travel over there..............SALEM W.

LONDONDERRY vs. BISHOP GUERTIN: "GAME-O-THE NIGHT"", BG... Snuck in a couple of Make up's this week against the cellar dweller's, Played last night and traveled to Istanbul (Keene) earlier in week, Londonderry could catch'm right if they come out on fire and whack'm early,If not it should be a grind'm out tight game, Londonderry needs this one more but BG at home tough, might underestimate Londonderry, Might Not....Toss up....Home team BG.............................................. BG W.

EXETER vs. NORTH: North crashing to earth a little bit after a couple of nice wins to start, Exeter still smarting from the thrashing it took last week from the BIG 3, It will be very interesting to see how both teams respond to disappointing weeks..........................................................................................................EXETER W.

MANCHESTER WEST vs. TIMBERLAND : One of these teams breaks through tonight, West at 0-6 have played really really poor and have played quarter's that they have seemed to put it together only to collapse. They put up a fight but fizzle...........TIMBERLAND has the opportunity to end futility and Make history by ending 70 game, 4 year losing streak for the "Cult like" following they have developed and have supporting them through thick and thin. I need to know.....do we sacrifice the animal before? or after?. I'M rooting for yeh TIMBY it would be nice to see for the kid's.....................................................................................IT HAPPENS THIS YEAR!!...........NOT TONIGHT..WEST W.

see you on the Hardwood !!!!!!!!!!!

3buoyshoops
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:08 am

Kinda quiet on the Forum tonight, but there were some great games played:

I see the Lancers pulled out a good win at BG. Very emotional game for me as my Lancers get a W off BG and one of my guys, Migs. I'm happy for the Lancers, but sad for BG and Migs  Very Happy Crying or Very sad Very Happy Crying or Very sad Very Happy Crying or Very sad 

Heard the Central - Keene game lasted a smidgen over an hour.

Pinkerton kept the Big Mo going with a victory over Spaulding.

Winny 34 to 32 over Salem ?? Were they using Peach Baskets to shoot the ball into??

Brady with a thrilling 84 to 80 Double OT victory over Lebanon. I heard this was a fantastic game.

Memorial continues to tickle a lot of twine by scoring 90 in their win over the Crimson Tide.

Exeter gets a must win over North. Is 3Buoys happy ??

Can Bedford lay claim to being the best 1 Win team in the state as they get their first victory vs the Broncos?

Sadly, Timberlane's losing streak continues. Getting closer to 4 years.

Pembroke only had 8 players in their gut check 66 to 62 victory over Windham. Welch and Williams were outstanding.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  TooClutch Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:30 am

Pinkerton has been a surprise early in the year even tho they havent beaten a top notch team but they took care of the teams that were thought to becaround their talent level

I thought winni would be better than they have been but it looks like they wont be able to compete with the top teams that have size and skill players to match ruffin and knollmeyer. Just a 6-8 range team

Still believe in bedford even with their record but all their games have been so close id like to see them win a game comfortbly over a quality opponent.

Lancers proved they belong in the top tier with the win over BG. Heard Drew went down again for the Lancers any info on that?

Keenes been a disapointment so far this season losing by a combined score of 135 the last 3 games. Boulay is likely out for the year and from their recent scores im guessing they greatly miss his ball handling and scoring

TooClutch
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  JAF Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:44 am

The Lond/BG game was back-n-forth in the first half - very tight game - Londonderry would surge ahead by 3-6 points on long bombs and BG would get right back into. Londonderry seemed to key on Gavin doubling him every time he got the ball with a taller player - something I'm sure he'll see with the better teams. But too many missed bunnies, turnovers, and missed free throws were a harbinger of things to come. To start the second half the in-bounds pass got misplayed and Coveney got into the tangle and ended up on the floor hurt with a shoulder injury. FWIW: The trail offcial did stop the action as soon as he saw him not getting up. At first I think he tried to be a trooper, but after sitting on the bench for a bit he went to get the ice and something to keep his shoulder stable. In the 3rd Londonderry started pulling away and I think was playing better basketball. BG couldn't hit shots and play team defense. Lots of dropped passes leading to turnovers or a quick frustration foul. Whether that's the affect of 3 games in the week or not - who knows. Even in the first quarter or so at West the other night trying to find the bottom of the twine was a challenge, but I chalked that up to the gym. By the 4 minutes left in the game Londonderry had built a 12 or so point lead. BG made one final charge over the last 2 minutes to get it within 4 (a few parents who'd wondered down from the stands now stopped by the doors). Londonderry made their free throws when BG could catch them and got a few easy baskets after spreading the floor, passing over the top, and actually finding someone open down low.

JAF
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Jan. 17th Games Empty Today Afternoon Game

Post  3buoyshoops Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:17 am

Saturday D1 action this Afternoon at 2:30;

MERRIMACK vs. EXETER: Merrimack Crushes Dover last night 57-17, held the Green Wave to 5 points in the first half.....0 in the 1st...5 in the 2nd..ouch! Anybody seen romps? Exeter went to Nashua and beat a scrappy North team...Merrimack remains unscathed in the regular season standing's.Exeter needs a good win right now, these two teams know each other well, Playing often...................................................Toss up game on Exeter's Home Sheet..................................................................EXETER W.

3buoyshoops
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:53 am

Dover scores 17? Yeeeeesh No No Question Question 

3Buoys: I wish I could sit with you at your omnipresent center court perch at Exeter for the 2:30 game, but my Fox 40 will be at another gym. I will be there in spirit. It should be a good one.

Edge: I hope Drew is doing OK. Keep us updated.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:59 am

"T & F ? Where you been BLOWING that Titanium whistle of yours? I've been in a lot of Gym's over the last 2 weeks and have not heard the beautiful sounds of the Redneck Manchester Moving Swallow, not even a sighting! I've looked in every tree, Marsh, gym and Local watering hole. ??"
3Buoys

Fear not 3B. Our paths will cross again on the hardwoods in NH.  Basketball 

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  mmartineaunhti2015 Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:58 am

I saw T & F do a doubleheader of girl's middle school basketball this past week when Hillside Middle School played McLaughlin Middle School in Manchester

mmartineaunhti2015
All-State
All-State

https://www.youtube.com/user/MichaelMartineaumchs

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:33 pm

Yes Mikey. It was nice of you to attend and support your middle school alma mater  cheers cheers 

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:22 am

"Saturday D1 action this Afternoon at 2:30;

MERRIMACK vs. EXETER: Merrimack Crushes Dover last night 57-17, held the Green Wave to 5 points in the first half.....0 in the 1st...5 in the 2nd..ouch! Anybody seen romps? Exeter went to Nashua and beat a scrappy North team...Merrimack remains unscathed in the regular season standing's.Exeter needs a good win right now, these two teams know each other well, Playing often...................................................Toss up game on Exeter's Home Sheet..................................................................EXETER W."

3Buoys

Were the Blue Hawks tired from shoveling out the basketball parking lot to play the game? Final Mack 60 Exeter 45.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down