New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

Feb. 17th Games

+10
goldenbear
NHHoopsFan
JAF
Hoopfan4
nhhoopsguy
SeacoastDad
NHSports11
JustinMcIsaac
GNG
Tuesday and Friday
14 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Feb. 17th Games Empty Feb. 17th Games

Post  Tuesday and Friday Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:21 am

Alvirne at Spaulding: This is a circling of the wagons game for Alvirne. They haven't been playing good ball lately, even though they got a W against Memorial on Tuesday. Their scoring is down. Is Sean Dunn back to being 100%. Spaulding is hot and playing for a top 4 slot. Alvirne is also playing for a top 4 slot, possibly a home prelim game or going on the road for their prelim game.

Merrimack at Pinkerton: One would think Merrimack has this game in tow because Pinkerton has lost 3 of their last 5. The only hope for Pinkerton tonight is the scoring drought Merry has been experiencing as of late. Scoring or no scoring, if Patrikis isn't playing or near 100% Pinkerton will have a tough time with the Gendron brothers.

Winny at Dover: A rivalry game with seedings towards the rear of D1 at stake.

Trinity at Salem: The most enticing matchup of the night. Sistare has passed a lot of tests in the D1 point guard test taking exams. Here he has another one with the Salem senior Jon Klecan. Slepian is scoring a lot of points as of late. Trinity really doesn't have any body who has scored in bunches. Trinity's biggest road wins this season have been at Winny and West. This is a stearn road test for the Pioneers. The Pioneers are good, but the biggest question for tonight will be are the Pioneers tough enough to go into Salem's gym, play the Blue Devils at their toughness game and come away with a W?

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Feb. 17th Games Empty Re: Feb. 17th Games

Post  GNG Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:17 am

Don't forget BG at North girl's game. The Paige Parkinson game. I will be there. Basketball

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Feb. 17th Games Empty D2 Game on WTSN

Post  JustinMcIsaac Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:22 am

We've got Hanover at St. Thomas tonight on WTSN, Hanover's 12-1 , STA is 6-8, but Hanover's opponent winning percentage is .437 vs .486 for STA's opponents.... I don't know any of that means, but it slightly supports my "Teams from up north don't play anyone" argument, so I'm calling for the upset!

JustinMcIsaac
All-State
All-State

http://wtsnam1270.com

Back to top Go down

Post  NHSports11 Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:25 am

Alvirne at Spaulding. After seeing Spaulding's last three games, I have come to the conclusion these guys are legit. They play solid defense, they're quick on screens, drive to the hoop, and that opens up their mid-range game. Alvirne is a really GOOD team, but they are not GREAT. If they can go into Rochester and get a HUGE road win then maybe I'll jump back on their bandwagon like I had in the beginning of the year, but that is a huge if.
Alvirne 52 - Spaulding 60

Merrimack at Pinkerton. Merrimack is not the dominant team they used to be. They are still winning, but tonight they face a team desperate for a big home win. Pinkerton will rely heavily on Light if Patrikis can't play. Merrimack will need the Gendron brothers to score basically all of their points like they have in the last few games. I have a feeling Pinkerton can pull of the upset tonight in Derry.
Merrimack 47 - Pinkerton 51

Memorial at Central. I don't think there is any way Central will let Memorial win this inter-city game. Memorial is a HEAVY three point shooting team. They shy away from strong drives to the hoop and it has showed in the last few games. Central should be able to win this home game easily.
Memorial 46 - Central 57

Trinity at Salem. Game of the night in Salem. Number one team in D1 is taking on a Blue Devil's team that has the talent and drive to pull of the upset. Trinity has not won had the solid win's you would expect from the division's top team. They have lost to both West and Central, making me believe that in the clutch they cannot seem to execute. They blew out a good BG team at home, but tonight is their biggest test. If Salem can match up on the boards with Trinity's big men and can limit the open shots, Salem gets the upset.
Trinity 58 - Salem 61

Winnacunnet at Dover. Dover held their ground against a Floras less Merrimack team. They are young, but so is Winnacunnet. If Dover can win this game at home it will go a long way in their attempt at making the playoffs. Winnacunnet needs this win to help bump them up in the seeding so they don't have to play a team like Nashua North, Salem, or Spaulding. I see them prevailing on the road.
Winnacunnet 54 - Dover 48

Exeter at Londonderry. Londonderry was down by one point Tuesday against Trinity at their place. Trinity then came out and absolutely demolished them in the second half. If Londonderry can play hard all 32 minutes at home they can get a big win over a unproven Exeter team. Exeter needs this game for playoff seeding. Question is who wants it more? Londonderry will need to win out and get some help in order to make the dance. Tonight is when it starts.
Exeter 49 - Londonderry 53

Timberlane at Concord. If Concord wants a shot at making the tournament as a 15 or 16 seed they need to make sure they take care of business against the abysmal Timberlane Owls at home. They should do that easily.
Timberlane 42 - Concord 63

NHSports11
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  SeacoastDad Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:44 am

Since I was the ONLY person in the GNG poll to have Salem at #1 and Trinity at #2, I will be rooting for the Blue Devils tonight.

The “friends and family only” game of the night in D-1 is Timberlane (0-13) at Concord (2-11).

And in the lower divisions …

Looks like a great game on tap in D-2, as #5 Bedford (11-3) hosts top-seeded Souhegan (13-1). These two teams play again on 2/29. As Justin mentions above, St. Thomas looks to take advantage of Hanover's long bus ride to pull off the upset at home.

The marquee game in D-3 is #5 Somersworth (13-3, 59 pts.) at #4 Campbell (13-3, 60 pts.). Berlin (17-1) has the top seed locked up in D-3, but four teams (Conant, Hopkinton, Campbell and Somersworth) are jockeying for the 2 thru 5 seeds.

In D-4, Moultonborough (17-0) travels to Nute (0-16). Moultonborough will wind up as the only undefeated (regular season) boys team in the state this year. Barring any major upsets, the top four seeds in D-4 (in order) will be Moultonborough, Littleton, Newmarket and Groveton.

SeacoastDad
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  JustinMcIsaac Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:36 pm

SeacoastDad wrote:Since I was the ONLY person in the GNG poll to have Salem at #1 and Trinity at #2, I will be rooting for the Blue Devils tonight.

The “friends and family only” game of the night in D-1 is Timberlane (0-13) at Concord (2-11).

Looks like a great game on tap in D-2, as #5 Bedford (11-3) hosts top-seeded Souhegan (13-1). These two teams play again on 2/29. As Justin mentions above, St. Thomas looks to take advantage of Hanover's long bus ride to pull off the upset at home.

The marquee game in D-3 is #5 Somersworth (13-3, 59 pts.) at #4 Campbell (13-3, 60 pts.). Berlin (17-1) has the top seed locked up in D-3, but four teams (Conant, Hopkinton, Campbell and Somersworth) are jockeying for the 2 thru 5 seeds.

In D-4, Moultonborough (17-0) travels to Nute (0-16). Moultonborough will wind up as the only undefeated (regular season) boys team in the state this year. Barring any major upsets, the top four seeds in D-4 (in order) will be Moultonborough, Littleton, Newmarket and Groveton.

Somersworth might've been looking ahead to this Campbell game when they played Farmington on Wednesday- Derek Jeffery was the only one who could score for Farmington, and that was a 6 point game in the 4th. Don't sleep on the 'Toppers though.

That Moultonborough Nute game might be a shutout. Nute gave up 100 points to Farmington this year, and the Tigers are 5-11....

I'll take Beford over the Sabres tonight, with Souhegan getting revenge on Leap Day.

JustinMcIsaac
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  SeacoastDad Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:25 pm

JustinMcIsaac wrote:
SeacoastDad wrote:Since I was the ONLY person in the GNG poll to have Salem at #1 and Trinity at #2, I will be rooting for the Blue Devils tonight.

Somersworth might've been looking ahead to this Campbell game when they played Farmington on Wednesday- Derek Jeffery was the only one who could score for Farmington, and that was a 6 point game in the 4th. Don't sleep on the 'Toppers though.

That Moultonborough Nute game might be a shutout. Nute gave up 100 points to Farmington this year, and the Tigers are 5-11....

I'll take Beford over the Sabres tonight, with Souhegan getting revenge on Leap Day.

After starting 2-3, the Hilltoppers have won 11 straight. Campbell has the one-point lead in the standings as a result of their road win over D-2 Pelham earlier in the season, which earned them 6 points.
Moultonborough took it easy on Nute when they met last week, winning 50-13.
I like Bedford at home tonight as well.

SeacoastDad
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:47 pm

Wow, I just read the Union Leader sports section. They had some nice capsules of the big games being played tonight.

One problem.......They have a capsule for TONIGHT'S North at BG's boys game that was played LAST NIGHT. Man, I hope some of our fellow hoop fans don't go on a wild goose chase to 194 Lund Rd. to watch a game tonight that was played last night.

Can you imagine if the UL sent Marc Thaler down to BG tonight to cover the game played last night. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  JustinMcIsaac Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:52 pm

Tuesday and Friday wrote:Wow, I just read the Union Leader sports section. They had some nice capsules of the big games being played tonight.

One problem.......They have a capsule for TONIGHT'S North at BG's boys game that was played LAST NIGHT. Man, I hope some of our fellow hoop fans don't go on a wild goose chase to 194 Lund Rd. to watch a game tonight that was played last night.

Can you imagine if the UL sent Marc Thaler down to BG tonight to cover the game played last night. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

I blame bloggers for the UL's mistake lol!

JustinMcIsaac
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  nhhoopsguy Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:04 pm

My upset special tonight is Dover girls beating Winny, as Winny may be looking ahead to Tues rematch with BG!
And I will take Dover boys beating Winny @ home, as Winny never plays well at Dover!
And on a final pick, I take Trinity coming away with big win at Salem!
Of course, I did Take Patriots and the over in the SB, so I may not always be right.

nhhoopsguy
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:42 pm

Halftime Trinity 31 Salem 29

Slepian has 17 points on 5 three pointers.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoopfan4 Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:18 pm

Just heard Londonderry beat Exeter 51-29

Hoopfan4
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:23 pm

3 mins left Trinity 49 Salem 47

Slepian 25 points

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:26 pm

38 seconds left Trinity 51-49. Salem has ball coming out of TO

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:41 pm

Final Trinity 52 Salem 49

One of the best games of the year. Semi final/Final worthy.

Slepian lead Salem with 25. Gabriel had 16 to lead the Pioneers along with 10 from Sistare.

Last edited by Tuesday and Friday on Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:00 am; edited 1 time in total

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  JAF Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:52 pm

BG girls won by about 11. Close game throughout - 2-4 points either way, North led a lot early in the 1st half. By the middle of the 3rd BG started pulling away. Kept it comfortably at 10 throughout the 4th.

JAF
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoopfan4 Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:57 pm

Those two teams are my picks for this years finals - rematch of the battles from a few years ago when EJ Perry was coaching Salem. They are both certainly worthy of being there. Just wish I could have seen tonights battle sounds like it was a great one!

Hoopfan4
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  NHHoopsFan Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:07 pm

Pinkerton steamrolled Merrimack 63 to 42. PA got out to a quick 8-2 lead and never looked back. Great production on offense from Colbert, Welch, Smith, Light, and Patrikis. Many steals from Colbert and Smith. Great inside D from Patrikis. Merrimack battled until the end but was dominated by Pinkerton in every way tonight.

NHHoopsFan
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  NHHoopsFan Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:09 pm

I thought Salem was going to beat Trinity tonight. Sounds like it was a great game.

NHHoopsFan
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  JustinMcIsaac Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:20 pm

D2 Score STA beat Hanover 54-47. Welcome to the Seacoast, Hanover. Anyone get a Spaulding score?

JustinMcIsaac
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:28 pm

Heard Spaulding won

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  nhhoopsguy Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:48 pm

Dover boys over Winny by one.
Dover down by 2 with 15 seconds left, players drives lane, winny player takes the charge, but ref calls a block and the kid makes the hoop!
Dover makes ft, and winny misses last second shot from about twenty.
First three qtrs of any HS game, ref would have called a offensive foul!
Not complaining, but both teams had plenty of chances to win this way before the last seconds.
BUT, either team could be the upset special in the tournament, as both are young athletic teams.

nhhoopsguy
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  nhhoopsguy Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:54 pm

Winny girls by six tonight over Dover, based on NHIAA !
Going 2-1 tonight was better than SB!
If Winny beats BG on Tues, and they both are tied, and both beat each other and then beat everybody else, it sure will be alot to sort out on #1 seed!

nhhoopsguy
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:06 am

Trinity - 15 16 16 5 - 52

Salem - 16 13 11 9 - 49

Trinity - Gabriel 16 Sistare 10 Keefe 8 Hamel 6 Giampetruzzi 6 Lauderdale 4 Aluko 2

Salem - Slepian 25 Felix 6 Dube 6 Hartman 5 Klecan 5 O'Shaughnessy 2

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:10 am

So, with Merrimack only scoring 42 points in a 21 point loss to Pinkerton tonight and with Merrimack only scoring 42, 43, 44 and 45 points in their last 4 games, does this mean Merrimack is in some trouble?

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next