New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

Class I opening results

2 posters

Go down

Class I opening results Empty Class I opening results

Post  chicagokid43 Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:59 am

Milford and Oyster River both came out sloppy and had some bad shots and turnovers early. Oyster River was in a 2-3 zone and Milford seemed to be able to get into the seems for good shots but didnt seem to knock many down. Oyster River seemed in a hurry against Milford's man to man and while they got shots off most were contested and most were from the outside. Milford opened up a 5 point lead at the end of the 1st.
2nd quarter Milford came out and extended a bit and got a few turnovers and played more to their style. O'Loughlin and Mitchell hit some nice outside shots that chased OR from the zone. Bad idea.. Milford soon found open jumpers and stretched it to 11 at halftime. Milford seemed to be getting more settled and the guards for Pyster River were not able to stay in front of Mitchell or Holder. Both created shots for other guys and by the end of the third the game was well at hand. Milford up 22 at end of three.
The rest was pretty much garbage time, Milford increased tempo even more and the route was on. Milford at one point had it to 34 and emptied the bench at about the 3 minute mark. Milford didnt play smart and had some fouls and turnovers that for it back to 24 but Milford won it going away 77-54.

Oyster River seems to only have one guard in McDonnell. He played well but he Milford did not let them throw it inside very often and Oyster River had no answer for the guards of Milford. Mike M had 25, Mike O had 23 and Jamie I think had about 13.

Looks like Hanover got beat up in Pembroke and Stark got a early win. Souhegan upset Portsmouth in Portsmouth. So the season is underway and man I am glad we got some real hoop to talk about now.

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Class I opening results Empty Re: Class I opening results

Post  Tuesday and Friday Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:02 am

So, Chi-Kid, it seems a lot of teams are going to play zone vs. Milford this year, correct?

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Class I opening results Empty Well I hope so.. not

Post  chicagokid43 Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:59 am

I dont think to many teams have three guards like we do. I expect we will see zones a lot this year. We started off slow to it tonight but when Scott McCallum,Mikey and Mike O hit a few threes Oyster River had no choice to come out of it. It as a very soft zone and they let Mike and Jamie split it at the top. Cannot do that with a 2-3.
Mike really had a nice shooting night. He still had about 6 assist but he could get his shot off on any of the guards from Oyster River. Over them even which was a little unexpected. Milford didn't play as great but they shot the ball very good in the second half. Oyster River will take more losses than I expected. They went back to zone in the last quarter but it was to late the rout was on.

Good way to start on the road for Milford. Stark will be a good game on Monday.

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Class I opening results Empty Re: Class I opening results

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down