New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

NHIAA going LIVE??

5 posters

Go down

NHIAA going LIVE?? Empty NHIAA going LIVE??

Post  EBlessNHSP Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:01 am

Just noticed on their website they'll have a bunch of the Winter Championships (including Boys DI and DII and Girls DI/DII finals) live.

I don't think they charge for it.

http://www.playonsports.com/channels/new-hampshire

You can also buy videos from NHSportsPage on DVD that we cover. Contact Dave Haley at davehaley@nhsportspage.com
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

http://nhsportspage.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

NHIAA going LIVE?? Empty Re: NHIAA going LIVE??

Post  goldenbear Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:21 pm

I wish they would put them back on TV perhaps the station that carries UNH hockey. WBIN out of Derry

goldenbear
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:03 pm

This comes up every year. The Online feed is actually a HUGE step for the NHIAA. Certainly a TV feed would be ideal, with HD camera's, sideline reporters (the dashing Pete Tarrier comes to mind) and play by play (McIsaac if they can find a way to contain him) and color commentators (Haley/Bless/GNG?)

For whatever reason WMUR is not an option, and I guess the Public TV station in NH is too busy running re-runs of Cat in the Hat and Downton Abbey to make time for local sports programming. I've said several times on here...if Maine can get their entire tournament on Public TV there is absolutely no reason we can't do it in NH if the right people get involved and make it happen.
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  asa23 Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:28 pm

i grew up in maine and there was nothing like tournament ball on mpbn, i dont know how they do it but asking mpbn doesnt hurt. its not only class A , they do all divisions . i for one would like to see that it would help towards all state voting for kids you cant see Very Happy

asa23
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:38 pm

asa23 wrote:i grew up in maine and there was nothing like tournament ball on mpbn, i dont know how they do it but asking mpbn doesnt hurt. its not only class A , they do all divisions . i for one would like to see that it would help towards all state voting for kids you cant see Very Happy

In most cases All-State voting is probably done by the time the playoffs roll around, but that's besides the point. Not every can schlep their way to Plymouth State, SNHU or UNH to watch these games live. The online feed is a step in the right direction and for the games I won't be able to make it to (I'll be at the DIV final this weekend w/Haley) I'll certainly be tuning it...but the live TV feed is certainly something that is achievable with the right amount of funds and support.

There's plenty of hurdles, money being the biggest I suspect...but like anything, they can be overcome if the right people get involved and fundraising is obtained. Who knows maybe have a couple of stations/media outlets WORK TOGETHER to bring this to the public that so desperately wants it?
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SeacoastDad Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:53 pm

I watched the Girls D-II championship game tonight on the PlayOn Sports channel. It was a very good broadcast. Only a couple of hiccups, but I just had to refresh the browser and it was fine.

SeacoastDad
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  JustinMcIsaac Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:33 am

SeacoastDad wrote:I watched the Girls D-II championship game tonight on the PlayOn Sports channel. It was a very good broadcast. Only a couple of hiccups, but I just had to refresh the browser and it was fine.

How did the kid doing the game do? I had to give him a crash course on Portsmouth. He found out he was doing the game yesterday

JustinMcIsaac
All-State
All-State

http://wtsnam1270.com

Back to top Go down

Post  SeacoastDad Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:27 am

He actually did a good job. No noticeable mistakes or dead air.

I was going to watch the game and listen to you, but there was at least a full minute delay (maybe two) from his video to your audio.

SeacoastDad
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down