New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

Feb. 23rd Games

+2
Bert54the1
SeacoastDad
6 posters

Go down

Feb. 23rd Games Empty Feb. 23rd Games

Post  SeacoastDad Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:45 pm

Late season Thursday night specials, just like the NFL.

In Division 1, it looks like the top 12 in the standings are locked in (not in order, of course). The teams at 13 and below cannot catch #12. There are six teams battling for the final four playoff spots. Here they are, with their records and remaining games:
Winnacunnet (5-10) -- Merrimack - Central - @ Alvirne
Exeter (4-11) -- Memorial - @ Pinkerton - @ Dover
Dover (4-11) -- @ Alvirne - West - Exeter
Keene (4-11) -- @ Salem - @ Londonderry - Nashua South
Concord (3-12) -- Bishop Guertin - @ Salem - Londonderry
Londonderry (3-12) -- @ Memorial - Keene - @ Concord

Big game tonight for Londonderry, versus Memorial. If they win tonight, and assuming they can take care of business against Keene and Concord, they could vault all the way up to 13. Even if they lose tonight, they should still make the tournament. Concord is not likely to win any of their last 3, so they can probably be counted out. I think the final seedings may come down to the winner of the Exeter/Dover game, although Exeter could upset Memorial tomorrow, catching them on their second game in two nights.

In Division 2, the top four teams (Souhegan, Pembroke, Portsmouth and Hanover) all have 2 losses, and Bedford is #5 with 3 losses. Barring any major upsets, Pembroke, Portsmouth and Hanover should win out and finish 16-2. The pivotal game in deciding the standings will be the 2/29 Souhegan-Bedford rematch. A Bedford win would secure them the 4 seed and drop Souhegan to 5. A Souhegan win would leave the top 4 teams tied, which would lead to multiple tiebreaker scenarios.

A quirky note in the D-2 standings. Goffstown and John Stark are currently 8 and 9 in the standings. Their last 2 games are against each other. If they split and retain their place in the standings, they would face each other in the first round of the playoffs, which would be their third game in a row facing each other.

SeacoastDad
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Feb. 23rd Games Empty Interesting

Post  Bert54the1 Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:12 pm

The Goffstown/Stark note is one to think about. That was on the schedule like that from the beginning, I believe. Why would the NHIAA schedule makers do that? It's bad enough in NH you can come out of a Holiday Tourney and play a team in your first January game, but play a team 3 times in a row.....that's NBA playoff worthy.

I do support the idea of smaller divisions and Home and Home series vs. your rivals....just not back to back.

Last edited by Bert54the1 on Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:13 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typos)

Bert54the1
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Feb. 23rd Games Empty Re: Feb. 23rd Games

Post  Tuesday and Friday Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:03 pm

And there is a big game at West at 6:30 pm tonight as Pinkerton comes in for a visit.

Pinkerton is tied for 6th and West is tied for 8th.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  NHHoopsFan Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:55 pm

Pinkerton romped West 71 to 43.

NHHoopsFan
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  SeacoastDad Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:56 pm

Sorry, I misspoke slightly in my original posting. Memorial will make the tournament, but they could still mathematically slip below their current 12th position if they lost their last three games and Winnacunnet won their last three. Not a likely scenario.

SeacoastDad
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:15 am

Let me see, let me see..... the results for tonight's action. Forgive me, I just got home and I'm trying to get up to speed.

Wow, Pinkerton lambasted West. That's a surprise. Derryfield had a close one with Concord Christian. Bedford blew out Con Val. No surprise there. Portsmouth had a solid victory over Windham. Groveton beat Pittsburg by 37. I can't see a result yet for the Hanover - Hartford VT game. If any one knows the result please post it.

Well, I guess that's about it. No other surprises or interesting results...........................

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:21 am

Lond 57 Memorial 55

LONDONDERRY 57 MEMORIAL 55

THE LONDONDERRY LANCERS BEAT MEMORIAL BY 2 POINTS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The 17th place Lancers won and are moving up the standings.

sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:38 am

You had them early, good call T@f.

They now finish with Keene at home, and Concord on the road.

Memorial playing their 4th game in 7 days tonight. On the road no less. Wouldn't be a shocker to me if Exeter pulls this one out.

It's going to come down to the 5 point away wins to decide alot of these tiebreakers.

Never been a fan of the 4 point home win 5 point away win.

It has worked out in BG'S favor this season. Road wins over TIMBY, KEENE, LONDONDERRY, EXETER, CONCORD {tonight}. Still not a fan.

The nhiaa should count all the games the same, and make Dover and Keene play EVERYONE in division 1.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Tulliver Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:03 am

Memorial will make the tournament regardless and they will benefit from all these games played in quick succession, plus their introduction to a large crowd at SNHU.
I think this gauntlet will provide many lessons that will serve the young Crusaders well in March.

Tulliver

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:08 am

I respectfully disagree, my good man.

I do not forsee the Crusaders winning a game in the upcoming tournament.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:10 am

We saw who fell off the horse last night at 1 Crusader Way Cool

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  SeacoastDad Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:21 am

Tuesday and Friday wrote:Let me see, let me see..... the results for tonight's action. Forgive me, I just got home and I'm trying to get up to speed.

Wow, Pinkerton lambasted West. That's a surprise. Derryfield had a close one with Concord Christian. Bedford blew out Con Val. No surprise there. Portsmouth had a solid victory over Windham. Groveton beat Pittsburg by 37. I can't see a result yet for the Hanover - Hartford VT game. If any one knows the result please post it.

Well, I guess that's about it. No other surprises or interesting results...........................

Hanover won 57-43

SeacoastDad
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Tulliver Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:04 pm

Well, GNG, you and I see somethings differently! Wink

Tulliver

Back to top Go down

Post  SeacoastDad Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:14 pm

GNG wrote: You had them early, good call T@f.

They now finish with Keene at home, and Concord on the road.

Memorial playing their 4th game in 7 days tonight. On the road no less. Wouldn't be a shocker to me if Exeter pulls this one out.

It's going to come down to the 5 point away wins to decide alot of these tiebreakers.

Never been a fan of the 4 point home win 5 point away win.

It has worked out in BG'S favor this season. Road wins over TIMBY, KEENE, LONDONDERRY, EXETER, CONCORD {tonight}. Still not a fan.

The nhiaa should count all the games the same, and make Dover and Keene play EVERYONE in division 1.

Interesting stat in the D-2 standings. Lebanon and Brady are tied for 10th place. Lebanon is 10-6 and Brady is 9-7, but they both have 44 points. Brady is 1-6 at home, but 8-1 on the road. That's a lot of 5-point road wins.

SeacoastDad
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:52 pm

Starting to heat up with my predictions Tully.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down