New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

I'm calling an upset tonight in Manchester.

4 posters

Go down

I'm calling an upset tonight in Manchester. Empty I'm calling an upset tonight in Manchester.

Post  NHSports11 Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:54 pm

Manchester West has hit a road block in their path to Durham. I've just gotten word from their athletic director that Jocarl Jocarl Bureau has been tentatively suspended off the team due to a problem that was reported by the Union Leader. The school board has set a hearing for later next week on whether or not he will be able to play again this season. With that being said, if he cannot play again this year I believe that West's stock drops quite a bit. Aaron Martin will need to carry this team on his back if they want a shot at making it past the first round of the playoffs now. Judging by the way Londonderry has been playing thus season, it would not surprise me if Londonderry comes into West and beats a dismantled Blue Knights team. It should still be an intense game, but now some of the role players West has will need to step up. Carl Jaques and Nolan Flynn will need to have solid scoring night in and night out to make up for the loss of Bureau. It should be interesting to see if the team chemistry stays in tact.

Last edited by Tuesday and Friday on Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:14 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forum maintains a policy of not specifically detailing off court problems of players.)

NHSports11
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

I'm calling an upset tonight in Manchester. Empty Re: I'm calling an upset tonight in Manchester.

Post  Tuesday and Friday Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:48 pm

NHSports11: Thanks for the posting. Keep in mind we do not report or print very sensitive allegations of alleged problems of players off the basketball court. We can comment in some way, but there is a fine line between printing of alleged problems or issues and commenting about them. The situation at West with Bureau has been public information for at least a week. His situation was reported in another part of the UL not named sports section about the middle of last week. I have talked to many people about it in the last week. It is a red hot topic for sure. It will be interesting to see how it plays out in the legal and basketball courts.

Please remember when the word "alleged" is used in reporting a player's off court issues to use sensitivity when posting here on the NH Sports Forum.

Thank You - T & F

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

I'm calling an upset tonight in Manchester. Empty Re: I'm calling an upset tonight in Manchester.

Post  Tuesday and Friday Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:53 pm

For any one wanting to see the good matchup of Londonderry at West tonight keep in mind the tap off will be around 6:30 pm.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:08 pm

I like West by double digits. Very Happy

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

I'm calling an upset tonight in Manchester. Empty Dover at North tonight.

Post  GNG Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:26 pm

Just saw it on the website. Dover making their second trip in three days to the beautiful city of Nashua. I believe Coach Romps wil be back on the sidelines tonight.

North should win easily, keeping their hopes alive for a top 4 seed { along with 8 other teams Shocked }.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:52 pm

GNG is not experiencing Londonderry Lancer Love like T & F is.
I love you

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:57 pm

I saw BG destroy them by 30. Was not impressed. No

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:00 pm

One would think you would refer to the Lancers as a "poor" team.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:08 pm

Here's a little warm up tid bit from the West gym tonight:

In the boy's JV game with 3 minutes left in the 2nd period the score was Lond 45 West 6.

At the end of the 3rd it was Lond boys JV 84 West boys JV 9

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:18 pm

Look out for Londonderry in the next few years eh?
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

http://nhsportspage.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:16 pm

Halftime Blue Knights 27 Lancers 22.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:26 pm

End of 1st in Londonderry: Lond 22 Memorial 8

Aliza and Amra each have 2 fouls

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:49 pm

Halftime Lond 35 Memorial 20

Memorial is in quicksand while Aliza Simpson had an amazing 1st half.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  NHSports11 Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:11 pm

West did get the double digit win like you predicted GNG. I guess my fortune telling has a bit of a ways to go. Much different feel for the Blue Knights without Bureau. A lot of fastbreak opportunities were pulled up so they could run set plays. Also, an ephysis on the defensive game was showed by West. Don't get me wrong, Londonderry is a good team, and Andre Simmonds is, like mentioned before, a REALLY good point guard, but they just could not match up in all aspects of the game tonight. My thought process though, is if your JV team wins a game 92-18 against a team who isn't THAT bad, how are these kids not up on varsity? Should be a team to watch out for in a year or two.

NHSports11
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:15 pm

Final Lond 54 Memorial 38

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:25 pm

I heard West beat Lond by about 8

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:07 pm

North beat Dover 69-55.

Dover is in trouble. They have 3 wins. D2 St Thomas, winless Timberlane, and 1 win Londonderry. Their schedule doesn't get any easier.

They might not make the dance. You know what they say,"take the d out of Dover, and it's over." No

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down