New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

Bloggers are people too.

+8
HaleyNHsports
JAF
EBlessNHSP
Jeremy Leveille
Tuesday and Friday
Tulliver
tarrier
GNG
12 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Bloggers are people too. - Page 3 Empty Re: Bloggers are people too.

Post  EBlessNHSP Tue May 22, 2012 4:29 pm

Do you require your Irrigation company to disclose their income statements? I don't see the difference.

The term "journalist" is just a term...just like "blogger". Peter Abraham is a blogger, Gordon Edes is a blogger, but they're also journalists. The fact that their place of employment is bigger and more reputable is the only difference.

I think you need to give some credit to those that are building these websites and careers from the ground up. Asking a website who is just getting their feet wet to start disclosing their income is overkill. If you suspect them of wrongdoing or getting hand-outs then take it up with the personally, and/or don't read their site.
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

http://nhsportspage.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Tue May 22, 2012 4:57 pm

I agree 100% with Jeremy's post.

In the future if you don't like the way Jeremy talks or doesn't talk about your child's aau program, then take it up with him on his web site or via e-mail. To come over to this Forum and fire BASELESS accusations and to call some one's integrity into question is 100% wrong.

I applaud Jeremy for his response and support him 100% for his stand.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  nhsportparent Tue May 22, 2012 5:17 pm

I'm pretty sure most journalists do disclose when they may have a conflict of interest. I'm not sure if these are rules or just good ethics. Perhaps you are right in this age of the internet that there is no difference anymore.

Last edited by Tuesday and Friday on Tue May 22, 2012 5:40 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Watch your insinuations.)

nhsportparent
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post  goldenbear Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:51 pm

I think Jeremy blog is great to help promote kids, there is not a lot of money in blogs or AAU unless you run a huge program and have numerous teams at all age levels.

So I am pretty sure Jeremy is not getting rich doing either. So even if he is slants his coverage to certain programs because he is affiliated with them so be it.

I think that he was working at the Rac when he starting this blog but I could be wrong.

I also read NERR and I am pretty sure they are affiliated with an AAU program and Hoop Mountain.

ESPN promotes women's college basketball on sports center because they have the games on their channel.

If you want your child to get more pub start your own blog.

goldenbear
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Bloggers are people too. - Page 3 Empty C.R.E.A.M.

Post  nhkickzgod Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:56 am

I think the problem is that some people with the best intentions “hype” the players too much. The players and their parent read this and believe it, when the facts are they ARE NOT THAT GOOD!
Parents and players also surround themselves with people, primarily AAU coaches who do not have the player’s best interest in mind.
For example I know of an above average player who will only amount to being an average D3 player at best. He pays approx. $2000 to play on an AAU team. The AAU coach has a buddy, who is a prep school coach and now he is going to prep school at a cost of $50K to sit behind two D1 scholarship players who play the same position as him. The player did not even dominate high school ball last year!!
In general, players and parents want to here only the good and pay to hear it, one can pay for a lot of things but talent is not one of them.

nhkickzgod
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3