New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

Tourney Travels

5 posters

Go down

Tourney Travels Empty Tourney Travels

Post  clippafan23 Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:10 am

I just read an article in the NH High school sports website and noticed that Bedford will be playing in Kentucky over the holidays against some of the power teams from the Louisville area. This as a fan concerns me. This team seems to be having major issues at the local level and now they are stepping into the fire. Not sure who's idea this was but not sure this is going to be a good experience at all.

clippafan23
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Tourney Travels Empty Re: Tourney Travels

Post  Tulliver Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:28 am

It might still be a good experience. Winning a tourney isn't everything. Maybe a team trip and some good competition will yield something useful.

Maybe GNG has just rubbed off with his holiday spirit and making me so optimistic!

Tulliver

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:46 am

Clippafan: Holiday tournies aren't just about wins and losses. Sometimes team bonding and in Bedford's case recapturing some...

......LOST BASKETBALL TEAM SOUL

.......might be just what the Bulldogs need at this point. Teams have different philosophies. Some teams have played in the same holiday tournament since I was a little kid (kind of a long time). Other teams go out of area or out of state because they don't want to play the same competition they see during the regular season. Migs of BG is adamant about taking his team to Mass Holiday Tournaments. BG sees the same teams in summer, fall and regular season. Why play them again in a holiday tournament?

Wow, Tulliver. Reading your post made me feel like I had a cup of Gloria Jean's holiday coffee without taking a sip.

God Bless Us Everyone !!

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Tourney Travels Empty Oyster River holiday tournament schedule?

Post  SeacoastDad Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:35 am

Does anyone know where I can find the Oyster River holiday tournament schedule? I noticed that The Assistant posted last year's schedule in this forum. Thanks!

SeacoastDad
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Tourney Travels Empty Hope your right but

Post  clippafan23 Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:07 pm

Hope your right but for a team to lose to Pelham like Bedford did the other night to go to the heart of a basketball hotbed like Lexington Kentucky to play teams from the Louisville area could be spirit breaking more than rebuilding. Believe me the coaching staff for that club is hoping it does not get too bad for these boys as am I.

clippafan23
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:08 pm

Oyster River Holiday Tourney

Monday, Dec. 26

Game 1 — Portsmouth vs. Timberlane, 4 p.m.; Game 2 — Goffstown vs. Traip, 5:30 p.m.

Tuesday, Dec. 27

Game 3 — St. Thomas vs. Spaulding. 7 p.m.; Game 4 — Oyster River vs. Winnacunnet, 8:30 p.m.

Wednesday, Dec. 28

Game 5 — Loser of Game 1 vs. Loser of Game 2, 1 p.m.; Game 6 — Winner of Game 1 vs. Winner of Game 2, 2:30 p.m.; Game 7 — Loser of Game 3 vs. Loser of Game 4, 7 p.m.; Game 8 — Winner of Game 1 vs. Winner of Game 2, 8:30 p.m.

Thursday, Dec. 29

7th Place Game — Loser of Game 5 vs. Loser of Game 6, 1 p.m.; 5th Place game — Winner of Game 5 vs. Winner of Game 6, 2:30 p.m.; 3rd Place Game — Loser of Game 7 vs. Loser of Game 8, 5:30 p.m.; Championship Game — Winner of Game 7 vs. Winner of Game 8, 8:30 p.m.

Back to top Go down

Post  JustinMcIsaac Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:21 pm

bigman44 wrote:Oyster River Holiday Tourney

Monday, Dec. 26

Game 1 — Portsmouth vs. Timberlane, 4 p.m.; Game 2 — Goffstown vs. Traip, 5:30 p.m.

Tuesday, Dec. 27

Game 3 — St. Thomas vs. Spaulding. 7 p.m.; Game 4 — Oyster River vs. Winnacunnet, 8:30 p.m.

Wednesday, Dec. 28

Game 5 — Loser of Game 1 vs. Loser of Game 2, 1 p.m.; Game 6 — Winner of Game 1 vs. Winner of Game 2, 2:30 p.m.; Game 7 — Loser of Game 3 vs. Loser of Game 4, 7 p.m.; Game 8 — Winner of Game 1 vs. Winner of Game 2, 8:30 p.m.

Thursday, Dec. 29

7th Place Game — Loser of Game 5 vs. Loser of Game 6, 1 p.m.; 5th Place game — Winner of Game 5 vs. Winner of Game 6, 2:30 p.m.; 3rd Place Game — Loser of Game 7 vs. Loser of Game 8, 5:30 p.m.; Championship Game — Winner of Game 7 vs. Winner of Game 8, 8:30 p.m.

I'll miss the 26th, but the rest of the tourney looks fun. I'll be there!

JustinMcIsaac
All-State
All-State

http://wtsnam1270.com

Back to top Go down

Post  SeacoastDad Sat Dec 24, 2011 5:15 pm

JustinMcIsaac wrote:
bigman44 wrote:Oyster River Holiday Tourney

Monday, Dec. 26

Tuesday, Dec. 27

Wednesday, Dec. 28

Thursday, Dec. 29

I'll miss the 26th, but the rest of the tourney looks fun. I'll be there!

I think that schedule needs editing, for game 8 and all of thursday's games. Also, why are they splitting up the first four games into two days? Aren't there usually four games on the first day?

SeacoastDad
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Dec 24, 2011 5:22 pm

Not sure how accurate thursday and friday are, saw it in the newspaper figured it would be correct. Should've known better.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down