New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

Latest FB Divisions

+2
GNG
Rover FB
6 posters

Go down

Latest FB Divisions Empty Latest FB Divisions

Post  Rover FB Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:49 pm

Heard there is a new FB Divisional proposal that was sent to AD's. BG is back in Division II as is Bedford. Alvirne is in Division III along with Trinity. Division IV has St.Thomas and Laconia with Plymouth.

9 schools in first 3 divisions and 10 schools in Div IV, V and VI. We'll see if it passes.....

Rover FB
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Latest FB Divisions Empty Re: Latest FB Divisions

Post  GNG Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:23 pm

I heard the same thing Saturday night Rover FB. I also heard Exeter staying in D1.

It was one of the MANY rumors I picked up Saturday night. I got some good ones, but T@F wants clamp down lock down 100 % verification before I blog about it.

I like that they are moving Trinity and Bedford up, as well as moving ALVIRNE down.

BG staying in d2 will be a major mistake. confused

Last edited by GNG on Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Rover FB Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:24 pm

Correct , Exeter is in Division I

Rover FB
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:33 pm

I predict Bedford goes to the playoffs next year.

BG, Dover, Spaulding, and Bedford.

Actually Keene will return quite a few kids, as will Winnie. Timberlane great coaching, always competitive.

Seven real good teams in a nine team conference.

The main topic of conversation at the BG game was how BG was going to get smacked in D1 because they were having such a tough time beating mediocre d2 teams. I was all for d1, and I was in the minority.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:51 pm

Nice that you are learning from my Clampdown Lockdown 110%.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:52 pm

100% isn't good enough. It has to be 110%.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  JAF Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:14 pm

Mrs JAF's comment about Alvirne moving down ... "a bunch of babies for wanting to move down"... They went to the playoffs last year... What would be the reason to go down? They cannot win a D2 championship? Good luck doing that in D3! Two years from now they'll ask to drop to D4. Merrimack loses year after year - you don't hear of them requesting to drop down... What happened to the talk of moving West down - they're far more deserving *and* they have less students right now. Say nothing of not being able to compete the last 2 years. I think BG could play in D1 - they may not win it all, but they could play.

JAF
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Stead Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:30 am

I believe that BG could compete and win championships in D1 but it would not get to the runs they have been experiencing. It might also take some time as their machine was bruised this year with the coaching situation. I do not want to get into a discusion about the coaching scenario, lets just say that when O'Reilly, Ball, Lenehan etc. Leave Pinkerton, Exeter, Plymouth etc. there will be an adjustment period. The key for BG is to attract great regional players that want a good private education and legacies. There is nothing wrong with this, as they are not a public school and will always have low enrollments to deal with. The challenge at BG and similar schools will be to make it known to the parents that the program will be very competetive and have good exposure. Look at the BG lax program, Coach Cameron is the lax equivelent of the coaches that I mentioned and Tojo. Essentially what I am saying is that BG should be in D1 without concern of enrollment if they are firing on all cylinders. I know the NHIAA likes to slot teams based on enrollment but that is what gets them in to trouble (it's not flexible) It should be based on a rolling average of wins and losses (football only) and enrollment, say every two years. Most of the rivalries would stay in tact and every division would be more competitive. In regards to schools that have set sending towns success breeds success, it is a collaboration of program stability both on the field and within the school, feeder programs working with the high school coaching staff and parents wanting to live in a district that values certain sports. Pinkerton is a large school made up of Derry, which is a large town and Hampstead (where I live) Chester, and Auburn, which are small towns. I know for a fact that all of these little towns cooperate with the larger feeder programs and the goal is to get as many players on the field and get them experience before high school becuase there are cuts every year. The thing that I have noticed and why I think BG and Exeter should stay in D1 is that this is the prevalent attitude amongst these programs. Souhegan has had one of the best feeder programs in the state for quite a while and it would have been nice if based on a combination of enrollment and a rolling average of their wins and losses that they might have played D1 or D2 over the past few years

Stead
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Latest FB Divisions Empty Stead is dead on.

Post  GNG Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:55 am

Good one.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:49 am

Bruises heal. BG will be fine in whatever Division they play in.
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

http://nhsportspage.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  JAF Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:34 am

Maybe BG should move up and go 10, 9, 9, 9, 10, 10... Avoid the "bye" week for D1 teams entirely, but still allow for 1 non-divisional game - preferably a local rival or a MA team. A team like Exeter would play Winnicunnet... Salem vs. Timby... Move Alvirne back to D2 and then one more team from the D4 list... Where does Windham fall in the latest proposal?

JAF
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:50 am

I am not surprised The Telegraph isn't all over this story. I am surprised Marc Thaler has no mention of this.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  JAF Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:51 am

Hah! Fitz' article in the Telegraph says this is BG's last championship game before they bow out of D2. The headline on the 'continuation' of the article also notes it.

Maybe Gary stopped reading here.

JAF
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:11 pm

Dave Haley addresses this in his DI Preview article on NHSportsPage.com today...good read.

http://www.nhsportspage.com/display_full_story.php?story_id=727

Last edited by The Assistant on Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

http://nhsportspage.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  JAF Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:26 pm

I felt he talked more about BG than the Exeter/PA game Very Happy... I wish he had put more teeth into how he saw that particular game going instead of talking about BG and BC! Everyone knows about the PA backs the Exeter offense. I think that game will be the best of the day. It could be an instant classic - too bad we don't have a local TV station willing to cover/air the game.

FWIW: I would submit that last year Exeter team may not have made playoffs in D2 either. BG, Winni, & Dover were clearly the class of the division... Throughout the time that Exeter group were frosh/jv in my opinion they weren't at the level of previous and the current teams. BG consistently beat them outside. I bet even Coach Ball knew that... How many players this year also played last year over what may have been seniors?

JAF
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down