New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

Look Out Alvirne

4 posters

Go down

Look Out Alvirne Empty Look Out Alvirne

Post  E.I.R. Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:15 am

Here come the Red Raiders, scalding hot after a 39-0 win over Merrimack, and this game probably decides whether or not they make the #4 seed in D2. Alvirne is coming off a win as well, but it was against Pelham, winless in D4. My guess is a shutout for the Raiders, who cruise to a 4-3 Division 2 record entering the last week of their regular season, where they trip up against Timby (albeit I am guessing a close game) to leave them 4-4 in D2. Alvirne drops next week and the following game to BG but manages to end the season on a high note with a respectable 3-5 D2 record by beating Manchester West.
Timberlane, Winnacunnet, and BG all pick up wins against Keene, who pulls off a win over Winnie to end the year 3-5 in D2. Timberlane eeked out a 27-22 victory over Winnie today, pulling them to 3-2. I'm feeling bold, so here I go calling my shot. If they play the way they played against BG (tough) then I see them winning out and becoming the #2 seed (I said I was feeling bold didn't I?). Both end at 6-2 in D2 and Timberlane wins the head to head tie-breaker over Dover, meaning Dover makes the trip out to Plaistow the very next week for a rematch as the #3 seed. Winnacunnet is now 2-3 in D2, and they lose to BG next week at Stellos, before losing to Keene at home.Their season ends at 3-5 after a win against the hapless Merrimack bunch. BG wins out, #1 seed, blah-blah-blah.
PLAYOFFS:
Week 1: #4 Spaulding @ #1 BG-Cote's bunch expect the blitz this time, and with stud QB Fahey back, they roll to a first round victory by a 3 TD margin. Good year for Spaulding though, and expect to see their coach getting them into the playoffs more often these next few years.
#3 Dover @ #2 Timberlane-Shootout rematch of their game the week before, but Timberlane uses the home crowd and QB Bidgood to pull of a 28-21 victory and meet their fate at Stellos.
Week 2: #2 Timberlan @ #1 BG-Congrats Coach Cote, coming into BG and taking them to the 4th straight championship. Alliteration aside, BG pulls of a 35-7 victory and proves once and for all that they belong in D1.

My D1 predictions:Don't matter, Pinkerton scores 40+ on every team the rest of the way and wins their second straight EASILY. BG ends #2 in the power poll after everyone realizes they gave Pinkerton the toughest in-state game of the year (or the toughest overall, I don't know what the score to tonight's PA-Brockton game was)

E.I.R.
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Look Out Alvirne Empty Re: Look Out Alvirne

Post  JAF Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:19 am

21-14 Brockton

Now if CM beat Brockton too in a couple of weeks - what does that tell you what they would have done to PA?

JAF
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  E.I.R. Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:43 am

I'd be very interested to see how the BG-PA game would go at this point in the season. Don't get me wrong Pinkerton still wins it, but BG's offense has started to gel. It won't happen and the end result is a win for Pinkerton, but nevertheless I'd have fun watching.

E.I.R.
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  kkingyeh Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:11 pm

Looks like kkingyeh's Forum membership didn't last long.

kkingyeh
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Look Out Alvirne Empty Swearing unacceptable

Post  kkingyeh Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:14 pm

No swearing allowed. Find another site.

Last edited by Tuesday and Friday on Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:24 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Swearing unacceptable)

kkingyeh
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post  kkingyeh Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:15 pm

Edited.

Last edited by The Assistant on Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:29 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : User has banned. The Moderators will not stand for this type of language in the forum.)

kkingyeh
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post  E.I.R. Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:33 pm

Assuming those swears were directed at me for this post, I'd like to clarify this is not a dish on Alvirne, I just think Spaulding's hot right now and I see them at the #4 seed.

E.I.R.
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:12 pm

Dont worry EIR. That member is now a former member. Forum members just have to remember to post their views with civility and maturity.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down