New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

2010 Chick-fil-A Holiday Basketball Tournament

+2
EBlessNHSP
PANTHADAD
6 posters

Go down

2010 Chick-fil-A Holiday Basketball Tournament Empty 2010 Chick-fil-A Holiday Basketball Tournament

Post  PANTHADAD Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:13 am

Our website is up and active ... check it out for team and roster info, brackets, schedules, and more!

http://sites.google.com/site/nashuaholidaybasketball/

PANTHADAD
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

2010 Chick-fil-A Holiday Basketball Tournament Empty Re: 2010 Chick-fil-A Holiday Basketball Tournament

Post  EBlessNHSP Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:34 am

Boys

Here's the full schedule from their website:

Tuesday, December 28
3:00pm - Campbell vs. Moore Catholic
4:30pm - Hollis-Brookline vs. Thornton Academy
6:00pm - Nashua South vs. Alvirne
7:30pm - Nashua North vs. Bedford

Wednesday, December 29
3:00pm - Loser GM 1 vs. Loser GM 3
4:30pm - Loser GM 2 vs. Loser GM 4
6:00pm - Winner GM 1 vs. Winner GM 3
7:30pm - Winner GM 2 vs. Winner GM 4

Thursday, December 30
3:00pm - Loser GM 5 vs. Loser GM 6
4:30pm - Winner GM 5 vs.Winner GM 8
6:00pm - Loser GM 7 vs. Loser GM 8
7:30pm - Championship: Winner GM 7 vs. Winner GM8

Last edited by The Assistant on Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

http://nhsportspage.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

2010 Chick-fil-A Holiday Basketball Tournament Empty Re: 2010 Chick-fil-A Holiday Basketball Tournament

Post  EBlessNHSP Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:33 pm

Girls

at Nashua South and Rivier College

Monday, Dec. 27

Game 3 - Windham vs. Exeter (at Nashua South) 4:30 p.m.
Game 4 - Portsmouth vs. Pelham (at Rivier), 4:30 p.m.

Tuesday, Dec. 28

Game 11 - Pelham vs. Dover (at Nashua South), 4:30 p.m.
Game 13 - Bishop Guertin vs. Windham (at Nashua South), 6 p.m.

Wednesday, Dec. 29

Game 17 - Bedford at Pelham (at Nashua South), 3 p.m.
Game 19 - Campbell vs. Windham (at Nashua South), 4:30 p.m.

Thursday, Dec. 30

at Rivier College

5th place game, 4:30 p.m.
3rd place game, 6 p.m.
Championship, 7:30 p.m.
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

Back to top Go down

2010 Chick-fil-A Holiday Basketball Tournament Empty Total Confusion

Post  chicagokid43 Fri Dec 24, 2010 7:13 pm

Ok so now that I arranged my schedule for basketball tourney week I notice that the Tuesday after Christmas is on the 27th for one tourney and the 28th for another. One has to be wrong... anyone know which is correct? Chik FilA tourney and Keene tourney? Anyone>

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:13 am

Checking my official 2010 calender tells me that Tuesday is indeed the 28th. I'll expect a gift basket at my doorstep tomorrow.
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tulliver Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:10 pm

Tomorrow or Tuesday Smile

Tulliver

Back to top Go down

2010 Chick-fil-A Holiday Basketball Tournament Empty Chick-fil-A Schedule Update

Post  PANTHADAD Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:40 pm

The tournament does indeed start tomorrow, 12/28/10, which is a Tuesday!

Schedule change for tomorrow. The Nashua South vs. Alvirne game will now be played at 3:00 p.m. The Campbell vs. Moore Catholic game will now be played at 6:00 p.m. Moore Catholic was supposed to travel up from Staten Island today, but could not get out due to weather. They are traveling up tomorrow a.m. To allow them time to get up here and get settled in, the schedule was adjusted. Check out our website for an updated schedule, and the latest team rosters. We will also be posting game updates on Twitter....

http://sites.google.com/site/nashuaholidaybasketball/

Hope to see you at the tournament!

PANTHADAD
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:36 pm

South easily beat Alvirne in the opener 57-41. Surprise to not see much of a fight from the Broncos, but South could steal some wins this year. Also need to remember this is a holiday tournament and in the past Alvirne has not fared well, playing a deep bench. Still, this is a tough loss to a undermanned South team.
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:27 pm

I have given up on trying to figure out the Alvrine basketball program the last couple of years. They have had their share of basketball talent, but it hasn't translated to the commensurate amount of wins on the court. The Broncos are the Rubik's Cube of D1 basketball.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:40 pm

I coached there as an assistant (thus the name) for 4 years - I wish I had an answer for you. They are desperate for some size, and while Brennan "Big Dog" Donnelly was a nice player 2 years ago, they've really been lacking that athletic Center and PF who can play off each other. From what I understand the parents believe it's something in the water in Hudson.
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:43 pm

Every time I see them in fall or summer league they look like they will be tough comp for the coming season. When you look at the mid way point of the real season they seem to be meandering at north or south of 3 - 6.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:24 pm

Thornton Academy of ME beats Hollis-Brookline 68-54 in the second game.
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

Back to top Go down

2010 Chick-fil-A Holiday Basketball Tournament Empty Alvirne

Post  Eliot Ness Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:34 pm

T&F you are absolutely correct regarding Alvirne. I have seen many of the kids that have played for Alvirne teams on the AAU circuit and they have played very well for some very competitive teams against excellent competition. Having an athletic center has not been the issue (Donnelly outplayed Matheiu and other Centers in 08-09 season). Knowing how to use the center position and other player talents has been the issue, along with x's and o's. Nepotism breeds ineptitude and the other one thinks who knows what he is doing but does not have the geography to send a team in the correct direction. Had other coaches been at the helm more would have been achieved.

Last edited by The Assistant on Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:31 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Name calling wil not be allowed - this is your first warning.)

Eliot Ness
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:29 am

I will respectfully disagree with you Mr. Ness. Donnelly was a dominate center, but limited the x's and o's the coaches could implement. Donnelly was a football player. Played hoops 4 months a year. Great kid, good basketball player, but not the kind of guy who devotes his full time to the game. Rightly so, he was a better football player.

The "water" reference was a joke. I agree some decisions and approaches may not have been the most ideal for the team. I'm unaware of any nepotism in the program, but I'm several years removed. While I was there I can assure you the players that played the hardest in practice and deserved to play were put in a position to succeed.

FYI - there is no calling names on the forum, the coaches read this, and I don't need the fallout. Calling names is for children and you can go do that elsewhere.
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

Back to top Go down

2010 Chick-fil-A Holiday Basketball Tournament Empty What?

Post  Eliot Ness Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:50 am

The Assistant,

I apologize if my attempt at satarical humor offended anyone, as that was not my intention.

I have not responded to your reply as I have been out of the country. However, I have consulted with individuals upon my return and I am quite surprised as your respone to the nepotism reference. The reference was not aimed at any players (as I do not know if that existed). Someone in Southern NH informed me that you were an asst coach at Alvirne, thus you should be well aware that the coach and AD are related (brother and sis). Why did you not make that connection?

Regarding the Big Dog, I am sorry to inform you that you are wrong again. I am told he never played football till the 9th grade, played hoops well before, starting in the 3rd grade. Played AAU basketball for several years and the last yr for an astute basketball mind (Al Francoeur NH Fastbreak).

Last edited by The Assistant on Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:38 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Please contact me privately if you have personal issues with me - The Assistant)

Eliot Ness
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:27 am

I wrote a long response earlier and posted it but I'm not sure your post warrants that extensive of a response.
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down