New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

Week 5 Thoughts

+5
thecreed
SofaKing
E.I.R.
JAF
MaxSportsNH
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Week 5 Thoughts - Page 2 Empty Re: Week 5 Thoughts

Post  GNG Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:16 am

Keene on the other hand, different division, different story. They are done playing the cupcake part of their schedule and their record is 2-2. They have an uphill {how about upmountain } battle just to make the playoffs. Next week they host Dover, then they hit the road for a LONG road game at Timberlane, then they hit the road for a LONGER road trip to Winnie. They finish the season hosting a BG squad that will have designs of home field thru the playoffs.

That my friends is what I call A TOUGH ROAD. No room for any more losses on their record. If they make the playoffs and that is a very big IF, they will have earned it.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  JustinMcIsaac Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:07 am

Spaulding beats West 47-14, it wasn't even that close as Spaulding dominated on Offense and Defense. Amazing to see the evolution of this SHS team, they played Dover tough on D but couldn't get out of their own way on offense a few weeks ago, MUCH different story tonight, as the Red Raiders were firing on all cylinders.

JustinMcIsaac
All-State
All-State

http://wtsnam1270.com

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:52 am

Last week under the thread division 2 and a party crasher.

SPAULDING- I went off on BG for ONLY beating SPAULDING BY 19. I apologize. Looks like their coach is the real deal. Lord knows their are enough bad coaches in this division. A good coach can get you the 4th playoff spot in the weakest division in NH football this year.

SPAULDING could make the playoffs. No I am not drunk. Throw out the opening day blowout loss to WINNIE and that coach has them playing hard. They played BG TOUGH, and DOVER. Their next 3 games are against WEST,MERRIMACK, AND ALVIRNE. When was the last time SPAULDING won 4 games in a row? It could happen. I have seen how POORLY Merrimack and Alvirne play.West got blown out by WINNIE LAST NIGHT.

One down two to go for my 4 game win streak prediction. Very Happy

GO RED RAIDERS. cheers

Winnie proving my point once again about division 2 being WEAK. Sad

Division 2 has ONLY 2 teams with winnining records in the division. You read that right 2. BG and DOVER.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  JAF Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:38 am

Wish I could have been at the game - spent 3 hours on the Mass. hiway system trying to get around that accident in Littleton yesterday... Nothing like driving 1MPH on 128/95 for 2 hours. One you're committed, you're stuck.

Anyway, seems like a solid win last night. The defense was able to neutralize the Dover attack - I was really worried about the passing attack. Didn't know Marino would be back - having him back in the secondary really helps Chartrand. Not that the others cannot handle things, they just aren't as fast and experienced. BG's team speed once again proves to be the difference.

At this rate Spaulding could be the 4th team - crazy to think.

JAF
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  E.I.R. Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:00 pm

Spaulding has really come on, good for them. Hopefully this coach will stay around for a while and be able to turn this team around, crazy to think he may have taken a team that hasn't won a game in several years into the #4 seed in Division 2.
As for the Dover-BG game. 21-6 the final, highlights are up on Jeremy's site. Scores from CJ Boykin on a punt return (he had 2 40+ yard returns) and Nick Marino on an interception (2 interceptions in the game). Nolan Cornell ran up the gut for the last score, and Dover had 1 drive the whole game, with about 6 minutes left where they scored. BG had missed opportunities though, drove the ball down the field the first drive and missed a 30 yard field goal, then their next drive they fumbled the snap on the 5 yard line of Dover. Realistically they should have been up 17-0 or 24-0 at the half but they let Dover stay in it.
The offense looked relatively good moving the ball they just could not finish their drives. Good to see Fahey out there, he looked tremendous, injury hasn't slowed him down a bit, but he seemed to be on a snap count. They had him switch out with Vailas (also played WR, very good catch on one drive, as well as a tremendous throw to Lansing late) every drive. Offensive line played pretty well, they were confused early by the blitz packages and stunting on the defensive line but they settled down to move the ball well. Interesting to see Saremi on the sidelines to start the game, he didn't play until the second half.
Defense was shutdown for the Cards. As I said, two interceptions for Marino, one returned for 6, and numerous 3-and-outs last night. Carver had a couple sacks, continues to be a stud in the middle, and both defensive ends for BG played well. Miller and Cornell played good games at linebacker as well. Only one drive by the Green Wave, and that was with 6 minutes left in the game. Last minute of the game they went about 65 yards downfield in the air, but Lansing was allowing them to catch the ball and then making the open field tackles to keep the clock running, it was a smart move defensively. Overall good game, and tremendous statement after last week's debacle, saying "BG is still on top."

E.I.R.
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2