New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

Not rivalry week,but make or break week in division 1

+2
Tuesday and Friday
GNG
6 posters

Go down

Not rivalry week,but make or break week in division 1 Empty Not rivalry week,but make or break week in division 1

Post  GNG Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:47 pm

Teams continue to jockey for position for the horse race that is division one basketball this year.Here is a short list of some of the key games this week.
Londonderry 6-5 hosts Trinity, and at Merrimack.The Lancers win 2 and they can conceivably run the table.13-5 gives them an outside shot at top 4 seed.If they split they are probably looking top 8 with one home game in the playoffs.Lose both and they are looking at being on the road for the whole tournament.BIG WEEK FOR THE LANCERS.
Merrimack 8-3 at Dover,hosting Londonderry thursday,hosting Pinkerton friday.The Tomahawks sweep this week and they are back in the talk for a top 4 seed.Get swept and they are 8-6 withCentral and BG still to play.Win 2 out of 3 and still in contention at 10-4.Lose 2 out of 3 and 9-5 smells like hosting 1 playoff game.BIG WEEK FOR THE TOMAHAWKS.
Central 8-3 at Pinkerton, at Memorial.Big inner city game Friday,the little green don't want to overlook the defending champs{winners of 3 out of their last 4}.Central sweeps 10-3 looks great,if they split 9-4 not to shabby,get swept 8-5 not to good with some tough games still on their DOCket.BIG WEEK FOR THE LITTLE GREEN.
Trinity 9-2 at Londonderry,hosting Salem.Ask Memorial how hard it is to win in Londonderry.As for the Salem game I smell a 32-30 game for these defensive minded teams.Both winnable games for the pioneers,but on the other hand they are both losable games.Sweep and they are pretty much a lock for a top seed.Split and they are still in good shape.Lose both and it could prove costly.BIG WEEK FOR THE PIONEERS
Pinkerton 6-6 hosting Central, at Merrimack.Isn't this about the time last year that Pinkerton made it's move.Sweep and Pinkerton is talking 1 home game in the dance,split outside shot at a home game.Lose both,and you are on the road for the whole playoffs at probably a 12 seed.BIG WEEK FOR THE ASTROS.
The seedings are clear as mud right now,but after this week you will have a better idea on who is finishing where.BIG WEEK.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Not rivalry week,but make or break week in division 1 Empty Re: Not rivalry week,but make or break week in division 1

Post  Tuesday and Friday Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:10 pm

Keeping with GNG's BIG THEME WEEK AND THE USE OF THE CAP LOCK:

I have a serious SOCIAL DILEMMA this Tuesday. I have a free evening this Tuesday and I have my social calendar narrowed down to:

- Trinity at Londonderry. Good game and the Lancers could pull the upset. The Lancer gym will have a plethora of basketball characters to socialize with.

- Keene at BG. The name BG and socialization are synonymous. A boat load of characters at the C-Dome that makes the unappealing matchup of Keene-BG more appealing. Go BG !!

- Goffstown at Milford. They might need to install new nets by halftime in this one. High 70s, low 80s or 90s for scoring in this one?

- Memorial at Alvrine girls. A HUGE GAME for both teams for future seeding in the state tournament. 2 of the best 1-2 combos going at each other. Gendron and the Bosnian Bomber vs Purcell and Donovan.

As GNG's Cap Lock button would say: A SERIOUS SOCIAL DILEMMA.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Not rivalry week,but make or break week in division 1 Empty Re: Not rivalry week,but make or break week in division 1

Post  Tuesday and Friday Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:14 pm

BTW- If anyone knows the times and matchups for the semis of the Central Freshman tournament Monday night please post. Some entertaining basketball can be had at the Simon gym tomorrow night given it's an off night for regular varsity games.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Not rivalry week,but make or break week in division 1 Empty I think Dover is the game of the night t@f

Post  GNG Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:36 pm

That could be a high scoring affair,{I know how you like the points}.No after game activities scheduled for the grown ups after the Keene game.Friday night is another story though.T@F just wanted to let you know I have shed 25.4 unwanted pounds in 43 days.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Tulliver Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:37 pm

I'll try to get the frosh times and matchups and post in the now more organized frosh tourney thread Smile

Tulliver

Back to top Go down

Not rivalry week,but make or break week in division 1 Empty Freshman times and match ups

Post  Twinemusic Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:28 pm

Monday Semifinals : 5:00 pm @ Central #1 Winny vs. #4 Nashua South, 6:30 #2 Pinkerton vs. #6 Exeter, Finals Wensday 6:30pm.....Enjoy..Great Basketball there today..........

Twinemusic
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Not rivalry week,but make or break week in division 1 Empty Does anyone know who is responsible for reporting scores to nhiaa?

Post  GNG Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:02 am

Is it the winning coach,or the losing coach? I noticed the Memorial victory over Merrrimack still hasn't been posted from last friday's game.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Tulliver Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:43 am

I thought it was the ad for nhiaa and coaches to media.

Tulliver

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:16 am

Yes - Tulliver is right.
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

http://nhsportspage.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:24 am

There are some ADs that coach, so they are busy coaching their teams that night, riding the bus home and then getting home late, so sometimes reporting scores of the other team for their schools be it boys or girls can be low on the punch list totem pole.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Not rivalry week,but make or break week in division 1 Empty Milford's Big Week

Post  chicagokid43 Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:30 am

Milford comes into this week 14-0 with 4 regular season games remaining, Sort of. This week Milford host Goffstown and Pelham at home on Tuesday and Friday. Goffstown is very deep and full of shooters who can knock down shots. I think Milford may be able to play fast and even possibly force Goffstown to slow the pace. That would be ironic being that this is a team that has more triple digit games than the Celtics. Both games will be great games and with the way Pelham is playing that in particular scares me. Rumor has it Spirou is spending more time in the post and the shooters around him are really benefitting from the attention he is drawing inside. I see that game being a barn burner.
Next week Milford goes to Brady and then ends with a 9 day layoff and Conval on March 3rd.
Let me go on record as saying I hate the way this season ends with two weaker teams and such a layoff before the playoffs. Having tough games late is the better way to go in in my eyes but hopefully Milford has the experience to be able to use practice time to stay crisp and ready for a run. Hard to believe there is only 8 games left. Hopefully!

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Not rivalry week,but make or break week in division 1 Empty Chikid guertin's last week they play merrimack and salem

Post  GNG Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:59 pm

I 100% agree with you,I would rather face some good teams the week before the tourny,gets them ready for what lies ahead.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down